2019-20 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I’m curious why the Eagles haven’t dressed Saigeon for the Eagles yet. The Avs sent him back to the OHL for an overage season, which surprised many after he was a core piece to the Hamilton Bulldogs’ OHL championship just before Colorado drafted him. Last year he was one of the most sought after overagers at the trade deadline.

I was surprised when Saigeon was healthy scratched twice to start the start the season and then sent down to the Grizzlies. He’s a very offensive player but also plays a good two-way game, and is known for his work ethic on and off the ice. Being a season ticket holder for another AHL team myself and having watched Saigeon too many times to count over the years, I was surprised the Avs didn’t send him to the AHL last year. Instead they signed him to an AHL contract and sent him to Utah. Wouldn’t it make sense to give him a shot in the Eagles’ lineup?

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I’m curious why the Eagles haven’t dressed Saigeon for the Eagles yet. The Avs sent him back to the OHL for an overage season, which surprised many after he was a core piece to the Hamilton Bulldogs’ OHL championship just before Colorado drafted him. Last year he was one of the most sought after overagers at the trade deadline.

I was surprised when Saigeon was healthy scratched twice to start the start the season and then sent down to the Grizzlies. He’s a very offensive player but also plays a good two-way game, and is known for his work ethic on and off the ice. Being a season ticket holder for another AHL team myself and having watched Saigeon too many times to count over the years, I was surprised the Avs didn’t send him to the AHL last year. Instead they signed him to an AHL contract and sent him to Utah. Wouldn’t it make sense to give him a shot in the Eagles’ lineup?

I'm assuming there's something about him the Avs' organisation knows that we don't. Maybe they want him to work on a particular aspect of his game and he hasn't shown improvement there yet?

Reactions: LTC Pain

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
So what’s going on with Colin Campbell? Says he’s still on the roster on a PTO but hasn’t played? I don’t think he’s hurt.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Eagles getting very little offense from the younger guys (Kaut, Bowers, Timmins, Rosen). I haven't seen any games so I don't know if the AHL veteran types (Alt, Connauton, Megna, Tynan, Dries) gets the best opportunities.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I don't mind if they're easing Timmins in. He's down there to build up confidence - we already know he has the ability.

Reactions: klozge

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Sounds like Greer is getting suspended for getting into two fights, one of which he left the penalty box for, and accruing something like 40 minutes worth of penalties in the last game. Gotta feeling he isn't going to stick around with the org.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Sounds like Greer is getting suspended for getting into two fights, one of which he left the penalty box for, and accruing something like 40 minutes worth of penalties in the last game. Gotta feeling he isn't going to stick around with the org.

He has to prove how tough he is so he can be somebody else's enforcer...

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Greer won't be on this team next season. They'll probably swap him for someone like Petan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->