2019-20 Coaching Discussion: The Jon Cooper Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Just curious. Why do you keep posting in blue? You're not a mod.
I like the color better. Didn't realize there was a "mod" color and a newb "color" - black bores me to tears.... kind of like the team

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I like the color better. Didn't realize there was a "mod" color and a newb "color" - black bores me to tears.... kind of like the team
I don't know if it's against the rules here because I'm a mad lad and haven't read them but some forums don't like it when users use different colors because that's what mods use to make disclaimers.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
If Laviolette were to become available we should absolutely pull the trigger.

Also, do people really think Babcock is the man or are they just looking for a change? Personally, I’m not a fan.

laviolette is a guy I have wanted for a while. Think he would be great with this team.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Yeah I would take Laviolette over Babcock for sure.
I'm pro-Coop, but in case JBB pulls the trigger on him, I want the Laviolette news after 10 seconds.
Imho he's a great coach and I really like the way the Preds are playing, in their best moments.
When I'll come to Tampa next time if I'll find Coop I'm very happy. If I'll find Laviolette I'm happy too :) :)

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Hard to argue with a situation like this...

***New coach walks in the room and addresses the team for the first time***

"I dont give a f*** what happened in the playoffs last year. I wasnt here for that s***. Now..."

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
JBB is very much a guy that doesn't seem swayed by opinions of anyone but himself and staff. I doubt the Babcock thing moves the needle for him. Cooper is still getting this entire season unless they're out of a playoff spot at the turn of the year.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
JBB is very much a guy that doesn't seem swayed by opinions of anyone but himself and staff. I doubt the Babcock thing moves the needle for him. Cooper is still getting this entire season unless they're out of a playoff spot at the turn of the year.
Yup.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Why Lindy Ruff ? why not Jeff Halpren or Todd Richards ?
Halpern has only been coaching since what 2015 or 16 not enough there for me. Richards is kinda intriguing doing something other Blue Jackets coaches were unable to do so I would not be adverse to him. I like coaches who can get every ounce out of a team Richards did that but so did Ruff. If Barry Trotz were available It would be interesting what he could do with this roster as well. But Coop is not going anywhere for a while anyway.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Halpern has only been coaching since what 2015 or 16 not enough there for me. Richards is kinda intriguing doing something other Blue Jackets coaches were unable to do so I would not be adverse to him. I like coaches who can get every ounce out of a team Richards did that but so did Ruff. If Barry Trotz were available It would be interesting what he could do with this roster as well. But Coop is not going anywhere for a while anyway.
We've also only known Halps as an assistant coach. It's not like we're referencing the success of a program he personally ran.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

I'd rather go Halpren he is a player fairly fresh out of the game and sometimes players like having a coach that was an nhl player. But Todd Richards is interesting also.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Ya but at this pace do you really see this team in a playoff spot by January 1st ? at this same pace they would be like 20-17-4

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Out of curiosity, if firing Cooper meant that all of the assistant coaches were gone at the end of the year too, does that change your stance on canning him now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad