Prospect Info: 2019-20 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The B-Devils really do not have a 4th line anymore. Everyone playing in their lineup scores at a 3rd line rate or better.

And there’s guys like Merkley and Anderson at the NHL level which makes this even more ridiculous.

I wonder if the Devils consider sending Hughes down at the conclusion of the season for a playoff run. Might want to give him some rest but oh boy would that be a boost offensively.

Reactions: nugg and OmNomNom

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Binghamton 5 at Toronto Marlies 3 - Status: Unofficial Final
Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - Coca-Cola Coliseum

Binghamton 3 1 1 - 5
Toronto 1 0 2 - 3

1st Period-1, Toronto, Read 10 (Gaudet, Duszak), 7:57. 2, Binghamton, Studenic 6 (Groleau, Melchiori), 9:12. 3, Binghamton, Sharangovich 7 (Cumiskey, Studenic), 16:26. 4, Binghamton, Conner 10 (Mermis, Bastian), 19:35 (PP). Penalties-Duszak Tor (tripping), 18:19.

2nd Period-5, Binghamton, Bastian 10 (Maltsev), 4:23 (PP). Penalties-Tennyson Bng (tripping), 0:30; Gravel Tor (delay of game), 3:55; MacMaster Tor (goaltender interference), 7:18; Tennyson Bng (roughing), 19:53.

3rd Period-6, Toronto, Estephan 1 (Baptiste), 5:25. 7, Toronto, Read 11 (Wilson, Hollowell), 14:19. 8, Binghamton, Tennyson 1 17:15 (EN). Penalties-Boqvist Bng (holding), 14:54; Boqvist Bng (holding), 17:52.

Shots on Goal-Binghamton 15-14-5-34. Toronto 8-9-18-35.
Power Play Opportunities-Binghamton 2 / 3; Toronto 0 / 4.
Goalies-Binghamton, Senn 13-7-2 (35 shots-32 saves). Toronto, Woll 9-12-3 (33 shots-29 saves).

They slowed down in the 3rd...... So they are human.....
Starting to enjoy watching them play, would like to see them make the playoffs..... Very much in range now!!!!!

Scoring
1st
7:57
335_65.png

4051.jpg

Matt Read (10)
Tyler Gaudet (15), Joseph Duszak (11)
9:12
414_65.png

7296.jpg

Marian Studenic (6)
Jeremy Groleau (4), Julian Melchiori (8)
16:26
414_65.png

7250.jpg

Egor Sharangovich (7)
Kyle Cumiskey (8), Marian Studenic (7)
19:35
414_65.png

1109.jpg

Chris Conner (10)
Dakota Mermis (16), Nathan Bastian (18)

(PP)
2nd
4:23
414_65.png

6851.jpg

Nathan Bastian (10)
Mikhail Maltsev (7)

(PP)
3rd
5:25
335_65.png

6301.jpg

Giorgio Estephan (1)
Nicholas Baptiste (6)
14:19
335_65.png

4051.jpg

Matt Read (11)
Garrett Wilson (9), Mac Hollowell (6)
17:15
414_65.png

4510.jpg

Matt Tennyson (1)
None

(EN)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
And there’s guys like Merkley and Anderson at the NHL level which makes this even more ridiculous.

I wonder if the Devils consider sending Hughes down at the conclusion of the season for a playoff run. Might want to give him some rest but oh boy would that be a boost offensively.

Boqvist is down there, though, so that basically evens out one of Merkley or Anderson. Still, it's impressive forward depth at the AHL level and even though they won't be adding any forwards besides UDFAs or maybe Tyce Thompson or Mitch Hoelscher (though I could see Hoelscher not signing) it should still be an impressive group next season.

EDIT: Oops, forgot about Nolan Foote, other than him

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

At a minimum to get Hughes eligible, I think they would need to get him on the Binghamton roster at some point in February, unless that date changed. I would be pretty shocked if they sent him down for the playoffs though. In terms of optics alone, I'm not sure they would even want to create buzz around sending him to Binghamton. And I would be surprised if they had an undersized 18 year old kid play a full NHL season and then threw him down to the minors for an extra physical beating.

It would definitely be exciting though, and I would love to see guys like Hughes, Boqvist, Anderson, Merkley and McLeod play at that level together in a competitive setting.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
What an unbelievable push they have been making. Hopefully they make the playoffs. Things were looking quite grim in the first half for them.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I think he's talking about next season.

Why wouldn't Hoelscher sign though?

Look at all the forwards above him. I'm not saying it's a foregone conclusion that he won't sign, hell he might sign March 1, but it wouldn't surprise me if he took his chances going back into the draft and ultimately ended up signing elsewhere.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Look at all the forwards above him. I'm not saying it's a foregone conclusion that he won't sign, hell he might sign March 1, but it wouldn't surprise me if he took his chances going back into the draft and ultimately ended up signing elsewhere.

?? Our forwards are terrible, lol. There's a ton of opportunity here.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

Binghamton is capable of rolling 4 lines right now and the only waiver-eligible players on their roster ostensibly for next year are Merkley, Gignac, and Bastian - Seney is 17 NHL games away from activating his waiver eligibility. Hoeschler would likely start out as a healthy scratch in Binghamton unless there were early injuries.

That said, he has 3 teammates on Ottawa who are Devils' property including 2 who will probably go to Binghamton next year, so it wouldn't also surprise me if he signed on March 1.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

There’s a ton of bodies to compete with for playing time. All of which have ELCs for the most part.

Boqvist, Maltsev, Sharangovich, Schnarr, and McLeod in the minors at center. Then there’s guys like Bastian, Seney, and Gignac who can all shift to center. Hughes, Hischier, and Zacha at the NHL level. Not to mention if the Devils sign another Street next year to add some veteran stability.

It’s not far fetched he sees a better path with more playing time elsewhere to develop.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
There’s a ton of bodies to compete with for playing time. All of which have ELCs for the most part.

Boqvist, Maltsev, Sharangovich, Schnarr, and McLeod in the minors at center. Then there’s guys like Bastian, Seney, and Gignac who can all shift to center. Hughes, Hischier, and Zacha at the NHL level. Not to mention if the Devils sign another Street next year to add some veteran stability.

It’s not far fetched he sees a better path with more playing time elsewhere to develop.

I mean, if he re-enters the draft doesn't that reset the clock in terms of how long a team can wait before offering him an ELC? That sounds like a terrible move if the Devils are putting an ELC in front of him.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I mean, if he re-enters the draft doesn't that reset the clock in terms of how long a team can wait before offering him an ELC? That sounds like a terrible move if the Devils are putting an ELC in front of him.

It does, but in practice a team using a draft pick on a player like this will sign him immediately to some sort of pro deal. And if he goes through the draft without being re-picked (likely) and doesn't get a pro deal (unlikely) he can stay in Ottawa and dominate.

Reactions: Blackjack

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I for one would keep as many players down in Bing as possible. There is value to playing “NHL” games, but the Devils aren’t playing meaningful hockey. The only real challenging games would be the last two weeks, when teams are fighting to get into the playoffs. Maybe they can rotate players because I would love to see Hughes go down for a playoff run, but that’s unrealistic. There will be more spots available next season for Seney and others.

Last edited:

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
Well Seney is going to sign for $2 million with another organization so at least one spot will be open.
Maybe a 1 way One Million contract for a 23 year old who’s played 53 NHL games, leads his AHL team in goals & points and top 17 league wide in the scoring race. Under utilized at the NHL level but still put up 5 goals and 13 points.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
the devils would sign that and risk losing him through waivers if he doesn't make the teamm next year i imagine

Reactions: Darkauron

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Maybe a 1 way One Million contract for a 23 year old who’s played 53 NHL games, leads his AHL team in goals & points and top 17 league wide in the scoring race. Under utilized at the NHL level but still put up 5 goals and 13 points.

Seney’s biggest obstacle may be HUGHES and Bratt. It’s hard to see NJ having so many small players on the team. It may not he as simple as being better offensively than Merkley or ANDERSON. As I noted before I imagine every NJ fan would love to see Seney succeed at the NHL level. Right now it’s hard to see a clear path for him.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The B-Devils really do not have a 4th line anymore. Everyone playing in their lineup scores at a 3rd line rate or better.
And that seems to be as big story as any for the turnaround. Just how many guys are contributing offensively. They seem to be rotating through in terms of putting points on the board.

One game it's Maltsev and Stud's the next is Zetterlund and Bastian, the next it's Sharangovich and Boqvist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad