Prospect Info: 2019-20 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Things getting a bit crowded down there with Anderson and Merkley playing as well as they are up here. I'd like to see more ice time for guys like Maltsev, Zetterlund, and Studenic - I wonder if NJ will consider moving someone like Gignac or Bastian for an RHD in a similar spot.
Maltsev, Zetterlund, Studenic should get more icetime once NHL Devils trade Wayne Simmonds. Because I would imagine that Simmonds would only return a draft pick and the NHL Devils will recall Boqvist to take Simmonds former roster spot, freeing up the likes of Maltsev, Zetterlund and Studenic to play a bigger role.

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
Maltsev, Zetterlund, Studenic should get more icetime once NHL Devils trade Wayne Simmonds. Because I would imagine that Simmonds would only return a draft pick and the NHL Devils will recall Boqvist to take Simmonds former roster spot, freeing up the likes of Maltsev, Zetterlund and Studenic to play a bigger role.
Seney deserves the call up over Boqvist.

In the past 16 games, Seney has put up 17 points and PLUS 6.

In Boqvist’s first 8 AHL games he put up 1 point. In games 9 thru 11 he’s been bumped up to play with Seney and Street. In those 3 games Boqvist has gained traction and is playing great.

Boqvist has stood out in 3 of his 11 AHL games. For his long term development Boqvist needs to pay his dues in the AHL. Boqvist has had a long look in the NHL this season and showed he’s not ready.

Seney has consistently stood out all season. Leads Bingo in goals, points and 17th in the AHL scoring race. Given the opportunity Seney will show he’s ready and stand out at the NHL level.

Last edited:

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada

In Boqvist’s first 8 AHL games he put up 1 point. In games 9 thru 11 he’s been bumped up to play with Seney and Street. In those 3 games Boqvist has gained traction and is playing great.

Boqvist has stood out in 3 of his 11 AHL games. For his long term development Boqvist needs to pay his dues in the AHL. Boqvist has had a long look in the NHL this season and showed he’s not ready.

Seney has consistently stood out all season. Leads Bingo in goals, points and 17th in the AHL scoring race. Given the opportunity Seney will show he’s ready and stand out at the NHL level.
I would suspect boquist is in the AHL for the rest of the year. He needs some solid time on the farm.
If simmonds goes no chance he is replaced by seney. Gotta fill that spot with a big physical right shot forward not a vertically challenged Left shot ankle biter

Reactions: MilwaukeeDevil

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

We tease you about the Seney stuff, but I agree. He's been awesome in Binghampton, he should be the next call up and get an extended look.

Reactions: My3Sons

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
while i don't agree with @Quest for Stanley for seney being a valuable asset, i do agree he deserves a call up, which we should see soon. if we're proven wrong and he lights it up in the NHL, then great problem to have.

Seney is two years younger than Coleman was when he played his first NHL game. Some guys take a little longer and Seney has been superb for us in the AHL.

he will probably get a call up but the idea that he will be poached for an offer sheet is ludicrous

Agree on Seney, but I do feel that offer sheets are used the wrong way. Instead of teams going after big names like Aho, they should be used to scoop up promising young players that teams are trying to stiff, like LeBanc or DeAngelo. Offer one of those guys two and a half million and it either f***s Rangers or Sharks when they have to match it, or you get a good young player for a modest price.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Seney is two years younger than Coleman was when he played his first NHL game. Some guys take a little longer and Seney has been superb for us in the AHL.

Agree on Seney, but I do feel that offer sheets are used the wrong way. Instead of teams going after big names like Aho, they should be used to scoop up promising young players that teams are trying to stiff, like LeBanc or DeAngelo. Offer one of those guys two and a half million and it either ****s Rangers or Sharks when they have to match it, or you get a good young player for a modest price.
yeah i'd totally offersheet our rivals for sure. though it sets a scary precedent of them offersheeting our guys too. i think the GMs have a silent agreement to basically not do it (except for the shit mtl pulled for some reason)

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
yeah i'd totally offersheet our rivals for sure. though it sets a scary precedent of them offersheeting our guys too. i think the GMs have a silent agreement to basically not do it (except for the **** mtl pulled for some reason)

It's not really scary at all if you're not screwing your guys. SJ screwed Lebanc and NY screwed ADA because they knew no one would offersheet them. Shero himself said that the "no offersheet" gentleman's agreement doesn't really exist, but how else do you explain the lack of offersheets? I think it's understandable that GMs want to protect the relationships that they have with each other so they can do business more easily during TDL and at the draft.

Anyway, makes no difference because nothing is going to change.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I don't think there is a "gentleman's agreement" but every GM knows it would be shots fired and a possible bridge burnt. I'm sure if there was an offer sheet worth the picks and you were almost positive would get done, any GM would do it. But those two things are hard to find and with out them, you are just possibly burning a bridge for nothing. While opening the door to yourself from that GM in the future as far as offer sheets go.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I don't think there is a "gentleman's agreement" but every GM knows it would be shots fired and a possible bridge burnt. I'm sure if there was an offer sheet worth the picks and you were almost positive would get done, any GM would do it. But those two things are hard to find and with out them, you are just possibly burning a bridge for nothing. While opening the door to yourself from that GM in the future as far as offer sheets go.

Maybe "unspoken agreement" or "tacit agreement" are better terms. If GMs are not signing offer sheets because they fear retaliation or some other informal consequence, then that is absolutely a tacit agreement.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The Devils don’t have their 2020 or 2021 2nd round pick so Fitz/the new GM can’t offer sheet a cheaper player anyway. There’s no way they they would trade our 1sts either obviously so it can’t happen. I guess it would interesting to see another teams give it a try.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Studenic was one of the last cuts in training camp in 2018, was productive in the minors to begin last season but then completely tailed off offensively. Then I thought he was pretty good in the World Championship, but then again this season struggles to produce in the minors. Though since coming back from injury, it seems his production is picking up.

How is he being used in Binghamton, and do you think we'll see him make his NHL debut this season?

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
How is Gilles Senn doing in Bing? I was so used to seeing him in Switzerland that I had forgotten he’s still quite young.
His numbers aren't great but the reports I've seen from the Bing faithful seem to be very encouraging. One of their writers at least thinks that he may be the best goalie she's seen there since Lehrner.

Reactions: swiiscompos

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Binghamton up 3-1 on the Marlies.

If they can pull this one off in regulation that would be huge for making up ground. Marlies still have a couple games in hand, but Devils would be firmly in 9th/10th with a win today.

Reactions: My3Sons

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Binghamton up 3-1 on the Marlies.

If they can pull this one off in regulation that would be huge for making up ground. Marlies still have a couple games in hand, but Devils would be firmly in 9th/10th with a win today.
The Marlies only have 1 game in hand and if Bing holds onto the 4-1 lead they'll only be a point behind.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
The B-Devils really do not have a 4th line anymore. Everyone playing in their lineup scores at a 3rd line rate or better.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Looking up today’s game stats allowed me to learn where beloved former Flyers fan favorite Matt Read ended up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad