Prospect Info: 2019-20 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
I think zetterlund will not pan out s we hope.

I see a really thick build kid with a great shot who is great in front of the net open the powerplay, he needs to be playing more than he has done the last year and I would like that to happen in Ahl.

But maybe he's the kind of player you can put next to hughes and he could thrive..

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I think zetterlund will not pan out s we hope.

I see a really thick build kid with a great shot who is great in front of the net open the powerplay, he needs to be playing more than he has done the last year and I would like that to happen in Ahl.

But maybe he's the kind of player you can put next to hughes and he could thrive..
I have higher hopes for Talvitie than Zetterlund. Hopefully they both pan out.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The knee is a bit worrisome, but I liked Zetterlund more then Talvitie. Really strong, good speed, good shot, and a no nonsense straight ahead game.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
The knee is a bit worrisome, but I liked Zetterlund more then Talvitie. Really strong, good speed, good shot, and a no nonsense straight ahead game.
I loved Talvitie's energy. I think he'll be Coleman's heir.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I loved Talvitie's energy. I think he'll be Coleman's heir.
Talvitie is very polished, great intangibles, his resume is super solid, his production at PSU was a very nice surprise, so I do like him as a prospect. I do question his speed a bit, where as I thought Zetterlund had good speed, and thus I gave him the edge on that.

Reactions: Nubmer6

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
That knee injury Could be a big problem for a player that had trouple with speed in the first place.
If he becomes a useful 4 line player I would call that pick a succes.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
That knee injury Could be a big problem for a player that had trouple with speed in the first place.
If he becomes a useful 4 line player I would call that pick a succes.

I think suggesting Talvite had trouble with speed is unnecessary. He never looked out of place playing with the best junior aged players in the world and didn’t appear to have problems with the pace at PSU. He’s not a blazer but he’s always kept up with the play and has good change of pace and change of direction to my eyes. If you told me he’d be an average pro skater I’d be inclined to agree but that would put him middle of the pack. I’d expect him to stay roughly the same if he rehabs well. He’s young he’s tough and seems to have the work ethic. He very prominently killed penalties for the WJC team. Hard to see a slow skater doing that as a forward. We probably won’t really know how well he is coming along until the end of next season. Medicine being what it is now he will likely be healthy enough to play but won’t feel truly recovered for some time after he is cleared.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
I think suggesting Talvite had trouble with speed is unnecessary. He never looked out of place playing with the best junior aged players in the world and didn’t appear to have problems with the pace at PSU. He’s not a blazer but he’s always kept up with the play and has good change of pace and change of direction to my eyes. If you told me he’d be an average pro skater I’d be inclined to agree but that would put him middle of the pack. I’d expect him to stay roughly the same if he rehabs well. He’s young he’s tough and seems to have the work ethic. He very prominently killed penalties for the WJC team. Hard to see a slow skater doing that as a forward. We probably won’t really know how well he is coming along until the end of next season. Medicine being what it is now he will likely be healthy enough to play but won’t feel truly recovered for some time after he is cleared.

It wasn’t the right way I put it about the speed so I tend to agree. I hope you are right because those acl injuries can be really bad despite how good doctors are now a days. Like you said with the work ethic he possesses he will grind he’s way back in May I hope.

He’s such an enticing young guy for me I’m in general just not so optimistic with knee injuries. You can always nitpick but look at Galchenyuk, acl in he’s draft year after that he never came fully back.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It wasn’t the right way I put it about the speed so I tend to agree. I hope you are right because those acl injuries can be really bad despite how good doctors are now a days. Like you said with the work ethic he possesses he will grind he’s way back in May I hope.

He’s such an enticing young guy for me I’m in general just not so optimistic with knee injuries. You can always nitpick but look at Galchenyuk, acl in he’s draft year after that he never came fully back.

I don't think he will ever be quite 100%, but if he makes it back to 97%, it's fine. He's not a football player and if he strengthens his leg properly he'll get back virtually all of his straight line speed. The issue will be pivoting and twisting. If he can do that he will still have a chance to become the player he was before the injury. I think that he will have to be cautious in his return and wait until he is close to MMI before returning. Too many athletes rush back and delay their MMI. Look at Zajac after his recent injury. He came back early and stunk for about three months or so before regaining his form. At least Talvite is still in college and hopefully works the bugs out down there and then signs at the end of the year.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Bingo should be much better this year with McLeod, Bastian, Seney, Popugaev, Gignac and Studenic being one year older. Hopefully Malstev slides into the 3C spot behind McLeod and Seney, and Zetterlund gets top 9 time as well

Reactions: My3Sons

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Bingo should be much better this year with McLeod, Bastian, Seney, Popugaev, Gignac and Studenic being one year older. Hopefully Malstev slides into the 3C spot behind McLeod and Seney, and Zetterlund gets top 9 time as well
Unfortunately, their D still leaves much to be desired.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
The goaltending doesn't look so hot either. I think they will be better but not much better, not without more help.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
The goaltending doesn't look so hot either. I think they will be better but not much better, not without more help.
I'm fairly confident we're going to add a vet into the mix and send Cormier to the ECHL.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
two veterans would be good and a veteran goalie, that teams needs to learn how to wins games, play a long season schedule and grit it up in the playoff..

They added Dakota Mermis, Matt Tennyson, and Ben Street. I'd expect a third goalie addition at some point, but I think that may be it as far as AHL additions. Maybe another vet forward, but they have the bodies now.

Gignac - McLeod - Bastian
Seney - Street - Studenic
Sharangovich - Maltsev - Anderson
Baddock - Speers - Zetterlund
Larsson (AHL) - Schmelzer (AHL) - Popugayev (AHL)

Sissons - Jacobs
Strait - Tennyson
White - Mermis
Groleau

Most of the forwards are no longer rookies now so it's time to sink or swim.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
But aren't Ahl squads full of ekstra players the rotate through. maybe I remember wrong? who of the devils draft choice is playing I ECHL or is it only try-out or similar signed to Ahl deals, Blackwood played there for some games last year right?

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
They added Dakota Mermis, Matt Tennyson, and Ben Street. I'd expect a third goalie addition at some point, but I think that may be it as far as AHL additions. Maybe another vet forward, but they have the bodies now.

Gignac - McLeod - Bastian
Seney - Street - Studenic
Sharangovich - Maltsev - Anderson
Baddock - Speers - Zetterlund
Larsson (AHL) - Schmelzer (AHL) - Popugayev (AHL)

Sissons - Jacobs
Strait - Tennyson
White - Mermis
Groleau

Most of the forwards are no longer rookies now so it's time to sink or swim.

Strait spent most of last season injured and it's unclear whether he can still play. Sissons was a healthy scratch/7th/8th D for long stretches last season. The defense is horrible.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Strait spent most of last season injured and it's unclear whether he can still play. Sissons was a healthy scratch/7th/8th D for long stretches last season. The defense is horrible.

Oh I'm not denying that. It desperately lacks a quality top pairing, although Mermis - Jacobs could be that. But they already signed two AHL defenders so I don't really see how else they can upgrade that defensive group.

Mermis - Jacobs
White - Tennyson
Groleau - Sissons

Looks a bit better, but still rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad