2019-20-21 Roster Speculation: Neither on- nor off-season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrefan99

Jun 22, 2014
What are some potential free agents wingers will they target? I am hoping they acquire a legit center. I am thinking of the Sabres attempting to put a square block in a round hole.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Reinhart, Mittelstadt, Montour, Davidsson, 2020 1st for Monahan and Gaudreau.

Ristolainen to Anaheim for Jones and 2020 1st (Boston).

Pilut to Rangers for Buffalo's 3rd in 2021.

Offersheet Sergachev.

Re-sign Larsson.

Draft Khusnutdinov in the 1st, Neighbors in the second, and trade up from 100 to get Tuch.

Reactions: TheCerebral1

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Coyotes give up the 2 best players. I would probably simplify it and just go Stepan for Miller. I think Stepan is worth more but the Cap is an issue for the Coyotes. no interest in getting Hutton in return.
Yotes are clearing cap for hall, buffalo taking in almost 11 million, that’s the deal two overpaid but still useful players for a bottom pairing d-man a vet goalie 2nd

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Here's a big list of UFA forwards. I included Martin, Weise, Maroon, Clifford, and Boyle because I'm sick of seeing this team get physically abused. When the going gets tough, the tough get going doesn't mean you run away.

Taylor Hall - LW/C
Mikael Granlund - C/RW
Mike Hoffman - RW/LW
Alex Galchenyuk - C/RW/LW
Tyler Toffoli RW/LW
Craig Smith - RW/C
Evgeny Dadonov - RW/LW
Erik Haula C/LW
Vladislav Namestnikov RW/LW/C
Matt Martin - LW/RW
Kyle Clifford - LW
Corey Perry - RW
Melkar Karlsson - RW/C
Dale Weise - RW/LW
Jesper Fast - RW
Derick Brassard - C
Tyler Pitlick - RW
Riley Sheahan - LW/C
Brian Boyle - LW/C
Patrick Maroon - LW/RW
Greg McKegg - LW

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Here's a big list of UFA forwards. I included Martin, Weise, Maroon, Clifford, and Boyle because I'm sick of seeing this team get physically abused. When the going gets tough, the tough get going doesn't mean you run away.

Taylor Hall - LW/C
Mikael Granlund - C/RW
Mike Hoffman - RW/LW
Alex Galchenyuk - C/RW/LW
Tyler Toffoli RW/LW
Craig Smith - RW/C
Evgeny Dadonov - RW/LW
Erik Haula C/LW
Vladislav Namestnikov RW/LW/C
Matt Martin - LW/RW
Kyle Clifford - LW
Corey Perry - RW
Melkar Karlsson - RW/C
Dale Weise - RW/LW
Jesper Fast - RW
Derick Brassard - C
Tyler Pitlick - RW
Riley Sheahan - LW/C
Brian Boyle - LW/C
Patrick Maroon - LW/RW
Greg McKegg - LW

We need an attitude adjustment on this team. It’s the one thing that I liked about Murray’s tenure.

As much as you need talent on this team, you need guys that are just utter pr**** to play against. Guys that have no problem taking a run at a guy. We need that mixture.

Reactions: VaporTrail

Sabrefan99

Jun 22, 2014

I would be leary of making this move, we would be trading middle 6 depth for 2 players. No team can win with having a good 1st and 4th line. The Sabres will be spinning their wheels and have nothing to show from it. This would be the Evander Kane trade 2.0.

Last edited:

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
We need an attitude adjustment on this team. It’s the one thing that I liked about Murray’s tenure.

As much as you need talent on this team, you need guys that are just utter pr**** to play against. Guys that have no problem taking a run at a guy. We need that mixture.
I would stay away from most of that list. A cheap 1 year deal for Clifford or Martin would add some grit and leadership. Fast would be a nice pickup. Please stay away from long term big money ufa signings.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I would be leary of making this move, we would be trading middle 6 depth for 2 players. No team can win with having a good 1st and 4th line. The Sabres will be spinning their wheels and have nothing to show from it. This would be the Evander Kane trade 2.0.

Monahan and Gaudreau would give the Sabres a second line and a complete top 6.

Reactions: VaporTrail

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I would stay away from most of that list. A cheap 1 year deal for Clifford or Martin would add some grit and leadership. Fast would be a nice pickup. Please stay away from long term big money ufa signings.

I was commenting on the Part about getting tougher more than the list. As for the list, yeah I’d stay away from long term deals with most of those guys.

I would like to see Adams take advantage of Buffalo having a ton of cap space and roster space to take on some contracts teams may not want to get a favorable talent or draft pick. You know how we took on Berglund and Sobotka deals, I’m fine doing that, but actually take advantage of that situation.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee

Ristolainen to Anaheim for Jones and 2020 1st (Boston).

Pilut to Rangers for Buffalo's 3rd in 2021.

Offersheet Sergachev.

Re-sign Larsson.

Draft Khusnutdinov in the 1st, Neighbors in the second, and trade up from 100 to get Tuch.

I like the idea of #1, but I'm not really that interested in Gaudreau. I'd rather just get Monahan, so if we lighten that up a bit. The rest I like. We also need to trade off anyone's rights for late picks.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Granlund
Namestnikov
Fast
Haula

If contract is no longer than three years, we could be sign one of them.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
He's really not, unless Ralph is going to keep Skinner + Olofsson at LW. The only guy delivering that level of transition play + playmaking right now is Jack.
It would be very stupid with our glaring need for a 2c to give up asset for 2 years of gaudreau.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
What are some potential free agents wingers will they target? I am hoping they acquire a legit center. I am thinking of the Sabres attempting to put a square block in a round hole.
Not sure but maybe at this point we have to throw an offer sheet at a RFA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad