2019-20-21 Roster Speculation: Neither on- nor off-season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Can I just say, to stay in the realm of realism, we probably should set our cap next year to 75M-ish. There's zero chance this team is spending to the cap next season.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Can I just say, to stay in the realm of realism, we probably should set our cap next year to 75M-ish. There's zero chance this team is spending to the cap next season.

Agreed. Budget is going to be a big concern moving forward, imo.

TunaBoss44

Oct 30, 2015
Buffalo
You sure about that?

I think this narrative is getting a bit overblown. The context of that quote is missing. Krueger was asked about Risto's end of the year comments that he was probably going to be one of the first ones traded if there were changes. Krueger spoke highly of Risto's character and gave an answer that doesn't wreck the team's leverage in potential trade negotiations. I don't think you can read that much into it

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
With 75m budget in mind, I’m expecting a lot of Rochester graduations. If I’m Adams, I’m listening to offers on Montour and Miller, and actively shopping Risto and McCabe. Basically go into the season with:

VO - Eichel - X
Skinner - X - Reinhart
MoJo - Kahun - X
Lazar - X - Okposo

X = Cozens, Roustalainen, Mitts, Tage, Asplund, UFA, Trade

Dahlin - Z
Y - Joker
Y - Z

Y = Bryson, UFA, Trade
Z = Miller, Montour, Borgen

Also need a good goalie to replace Hutton. Anton Khudobin or Thomas Greiss would be my choice.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
The Sabres are pleased to announce they have signed Jason Pominville, Cody Franson, Benoit Pouliot, and Jacob Josefson. They are expected to announce the signing of Jordan Nolan when free agency opens and Matt Moulsen has verbally agreed to a PTO.

That sounds about right. Maybe Linus Omark can be 2C

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
The Sabres are pleased to announce they have signed Jason Pominville, Cody Franson, Benoit Pouliot, and Jacob Josefson. They are expected to announce the signing of Jordan Nolan when free agency opens and Matt Moulsen has verbally agreed to a PTO.
Kill me.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya

Bring back the BenWah-The Mess and Lulzer-McPain pairings while we're at it.

Cory Conacher, D'Agostini and Konopka too.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
question for you guys, do you think a lot of moves are to come during the offseason or are we gonna have a year of evaluating what we got? I guess adams is an internal hire but i still honestly don't know what to expect.

Last edited:

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
question for you guys, do you think a lot of moves are to come during the offseason or are we gonna have a year of evaluating what we got? I guess adams is an eternal hire but i still honestly don't know what to expect.

I’m willing to see how it goes but hopefully he’s not an eternal hire right out of the gate.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
question for you guys, do you think a lot of moves are to come during the offseason or are we gonna have a year of evaluating what we got? I guess adams is an internal hire but i still honestly don't know what to expect.
I expect him to be active at the draft. He's going to want to put his stamp on the team. He places a premium on work ethic and I suspect he has an eye for spotting it. I think the fans are going to feel a lot better about his hiring after the draft.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
These are all bad

2020 1st has more value than Monahan alone.

I am fine doing a Johnny for Reinhart but he’s LW and buffalo has two.

Risto deal is a low ball offer. Not trading him for a player you likely don’t protect in ED.

No chance is our 1st worth more then Monahan, unless it is a top 2/3 pick.

If our 1st ends up being in the 6-7 spot then I would gladly offer that + for Monahan.

No problem if Risto stays as long as Montour is moved out. I can cut Botts slack that he made a reasonable attempt to acquire a top 4 RHD with potential to be a #2 dman but Montour never took that next step.We should be able to get a late 1st for him.

I still gladly take RyJo on this team, especially if it is a cut rate cost. We need a 2c until Cozens can handle it in 21-22, maybe even 22-23. Even if RyJo only has 2 years left of being a 60 point player and then becomes a 40-50 point center I still would go after him. We cannot rely on Mitts, or a 19 year old Cozens or putting Mojo there (BARF)

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
No chance is our 1st worth more then Monahan, unless it is a top 2/3 pick.

If our 1st ends up being in the 6-7 spot then I would gladly offer that + for Monahan.

No problem if Risto stays as long as Montour is moved out. I can cut Botts slack that he made a reasonable attempt to acquire a top 4 RHD with potential to be a #2 dman but Montour never took that next step.We should be able to get a late 1st for him.

I still gladly take RyJo on this team, especially if it is a cut rate cost. We need a 2c until Cozens can handle it in 21-22, maybe even 22-23. Even if RyJo only has 2 years left of being a 60 point player and then becomes a 40-50 point center I still would go after him. We cannot rely on Mitts, or a 19 year old Cozens or putting Mojo there (BARF)

Fully agreed with the first part.

Montour is a good player. He just needs to be played in the correct position/role. Same goes for Risto & Miller. One if the three has to go but I've no real preference which.... Whoever you get the best offer for.

Johansen I'm definately NOT on board with. More red flags than a proverbial Chinese military parade.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I would not have problems with trading both Risto and Montour, Dahlin could take the time of defender #1.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I'm definitely not apposed to wheeling our 1st for a 2C (depending where we end up selecting), without the lateral moves that happened to be MoJo/Mitts last year, and actually bring in a guy whos carved out to be one.

Also, to add, I love Lazar here. I felt like he was a solid acquisition, played his heart out, and had a great impact on the locker room. Also love his smile, what a handsome fella.

Last edited:
Reactions: cybresabre

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I would not have problems with trading both Risto and Montour, Dahlin could take the time of defender #1.

Add Miller and McCabe to that list. The only defensemen (not prospects) that we should undoubtedly keep are Joker and Dahlin. Everyone else is expendable for the right realistic price. The same with the forward group. Outside of Eichel, Reinhart, Olofsson have your pick. I would like to bring back Larsson, however again if he wants a new challenge and to sniff the playoffs, I cannot blame him. He's been an amazing Sabre.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I'm definitely not apposed to wheeling our 1st for a 2C (depending where we end up selecting), without the lateral moves that happened to be MoJo/Mitts last year, and actually bring in a guy whos carved out to be one.

Also, to add, I love Lazar here. I felt like he was a solid acquisition, played his heart out, and had a great impact on the locker room. Also love his smile, what a handsome fella.

Keeping Lazar should be easy enough. He was a pleasant surprise, but to say that he's anything more than an energy bottom six player, isn't really saying much.

Reactions: VaporTrail

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Add Miller and McCabe to that list. The only defensemen (not prospects) that we should undoubtedly keep are Joker and Dahlin. Everyone else is expendable for the right realistic price. The same with the forward group. Outside of Eichel, Reinhart, Olofsson have your pick. I would like to bring back Larsson, however again if he wants a new challenge and to sniff the playoffs, I cannot blame him. He's been an amazing Sabre.
I agree, but I see a problem here to do all this in one off-season, maybe in 1-1.5 years. Because Adams needs to find 2C, top 6 RW, goalie and LD, it will be difficult to immediately trade four defenders, and if we trade McCabe, we will need to look for another LD.

Dahlin - xxxx
xxxx - Jokiharju
xxxx - xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad