2018 Vancouver Whitecaps

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
LOL so Davies goes down and the Whitecaps concede a downright stupid own goal with seconds to go. What in the f*** was Henry thinking there?

Robbo et al have rested its best players for this stupid championship, undoubtedly costing points in the MLS standings and this is the end result. Management really wanted to give the fans "something" because they knew they could not contend for the MLS Championship. In the end, they will likely bow out in Toronto and be left with nothing to show for the 2 years Davies has shined.

Fun times ahead. One can be really optimistic looking at how this team made literally no moves during the transfer period. Putting that Davies money to very good use eh?

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
How the hell did the Caps **** this up?
I have been a budding Whitecaps and soccer fan for a number of years. But this kind of garbage makes it really bloody hard.

Its just a baked in part of the story. Vancouver sports is a special kind of thing where you just have to accept it and move on with life. I found this one to be particularly foul tasting though.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
1. Decide not to drink for a few wks bc I'm getting too fat.
2. Fire up pvr'd caps game.
3. Glug glug glug.

Reactions: Tryamkin

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Making up for it tonight so far in Portland. Real stupid defensive play (guy came in for a dumb and pointless tackle well after he no longer had the ball) but Valeri missed it in hilarious fashion.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Actually watched some of the game tonight; was some weird transit snafu and got hung up at Waterfront for a while. Had 2 Toronto games going at the bar. Whitecaps being killed on one, Blue Jays killing KC on the other.

D'oh.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
They couldn't bunker for the tie, had to go on the attack, and... Toronto is a much better team that deliberately takes financial losses to field an all-star lineup, so...

When one of Toronto's players makes more than the entire Whitecaps team, it's just a matter of time before that quality comes through. Caps try to play a counter-attack, but when you have someone like Giovinco running an offense, he's got the ability to beat defenders. Personally, I'd like to see the Caps try to play a little more positively with their formation, Caps pretty much play a 4-4-1-1.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
That was a nice win for the Caps.

There's a big game today: Portland vs Seattle. I'm hoping for a draw.

The contrast on the TSN site between the coverage of Toronto's and Vancouver's games on Saturday is pretty funny.

And ... Seattle takes it 1-0.

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Doesn't seem like things will change much unless there is ownership change - but I'll admit I don't follow the team all that closely so my perception could be WAY off.

Carl was the least of their worries. He extracted what he could out of the squad. Had to rely on a longball/counter strategy to contend with the crappy roster that lacked any decent midfielders. The owners will still likely be super cheap and this will mean more of the same.

Good luck to the next manager.

Reactions: Hit the post

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad