2018 Vancouver Whitecaps

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I went to a match a few weeks ago, and I noticed a real lack of atmosphere. Compare it to year 1 out at empire when the crowd was frequently engaged in chanting and making noise.

I don't know if it's the stadium, the medocrity of the franchise, or if it has to do with the MLS brand not being a shiny new toy anymore, but the whitecaps have lost that exciting energy around the game compared to year 1.

Dare I say, the atmosphere resembled more of a Canucks game than a soccer match.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Just an update....

Whitecaps are an utter mess right now. Entire squad has given up.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Playoffs won't happen, this team is in shambles and the worst part is it's only going to go downhill from here.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Playoffs won't happen, this team is in shambles and the worst part is it's only going to go downhill from here.

Without Davies, I don't see how the team is going to make goals. His runs from midfield have been the only thing that's connected the midfield and the forwards.

Reactions: Tryamkin

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Jeebus at least the Canucks have players like Boeser to watch. Who the heck do the Whitecaps have even remotely like that? Even if they did manage to develop one - they'd probably just 'sell him off' and have the owners keep the 'transfer fee' instead of putting the money back into the club.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Without Davies, I don't see how the team is going to make goals. His runs from midfield have been the only thing that's connected the midfield and the forwards.

Waston being sold could be on the horizon as well.

Lots of dissention within the organization regarding recent decisions that have been made. This ownership circle is clearly not working because the team constantly has no direction. The sooner the team is sold off, the better it will be.

Feb 24, 2017
Waston being sold could be on the horizon as well.

Lots of dissention within the organization regarding recent decisions that have been made. This ownership circle is clearly not working because the team constantly has no direction. The sooner the team is sold off, the better it will be.
I wouldn’t care a single unit of caring were this team to relocate. It’s probably not even a top 10 league in the world and our local owners aren’t even trying to win this small pond.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Too much garbage on the roster

Shea, Mutch, Hurtado, Blondell, De Jong, Felipe, Juarez, Aja Marinovic etc...

MLS has gotten better and you need pace and technical skill to make it in the league. The owners have to realize this at some point...

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Best small club the world idea espoused by Lenarduzzi, Kerfoot etc has way run its course

All I can say to the caps is

Listen for once to your fan base,we been patient while you have been cheap and frugal.we want some international NAME DP’s.just the same as other clubs in MLS .

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Best small club the world idea espoused by Lenarduzzi, Kerfoot etc has way run its course

All I can say to the caps is

Listen for once to your fan base,we been patient while you have been cheap and frugal.we want some international NAME DP’s.just the same as other clubs in MLS .

From what's been said internally...they will heavily focus on youth and development next season. It's unlikely they target any big names.

Sounds like Waston is definitely a goner though.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Waston rumours were in an article on the MLS website. Would suck if he did move on as the Caps would be left with no CBs capable of playing week in and out.

They also released the list of top paid players in the league, Kamara is #50 and the highest paid on the Caps. Teams like Toronto, Atlanta and LAFC have multiple players in the top 50. The Caps have 3 in the top 100, with one of them being Shea and 4th is Juarez. It's ridiculous that two of the top four players on the team aren't the first name on the teamsheet (Ghazal is the fourth). It just shows that the Caps recruitment and scouting need to be a lot better!

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Hard to be excited when the end of the season was such a ****show. I've never witnessed such a dysfunctional team dynamic here in Vancouver. But the problem goes above Coaches at this point, its the executive group who failed to establish a top down culture. Lenarduzzi has to go, nothing is ever his fault it's always deflect and spin with this guy. He's the Hue Jackson of the MLS.

I hope Dos Santos can put together a group of cohesive players... but for the organization its the fourth straight coaching hire of someone with limited coaching experience at MLS or higher levels

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Different manager but I expect the more of the same with the internal salary cap set by the owners.

Team will be much worse next year without Davies and Waston and there's no avoiding this. Management will be deadset on trying to sell the "future."

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Hopefully we have seen the last of Shea and Juarez (though he is under contract for another season). While I think the Caps need a significant roster turnover, they do need to buy better players.

Reactions: Tryamkin

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
LOL watched some of the Portland, Seattle playoff game. Some of the players on Portland didn’t understand how the scoring went for aggregate and we’re celebrating at the end WHEN in fact it was tied and now into PK lol

Thus they probably played the extra time thinking they were ahead lol

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
If anyone cares....Atlanta FC won the MLS cup.

Whitecaps news:

Mezquida has been traded for MacMath. For some reason Whitecaps also acquired Crepeau. Do not get this move ....

Greg Garza might have been acquired from Atlana. Have to see who is going the other way.

Andy Rose is apparantly in Vancouver.

Waston still wants out. Both sides pushing for resolution.

Kamara is being targetted by Seattle and Portland.

----
Based on rumored tranactions...seems like more of the same with a cheap organization unwilling to make any big splashes. It even looks like the organization is shedding salary this off-season.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
They're trying to buyout Juarez too apparently. Hurtado is on the block as well. Techera is also signing with a team outside of the league, but the Caps are trying to retain his MLS rights.

Not sure I like losing Kamara, but if he's a locker room cancer, then by all means.

Juninho is also apparently meeting with the team next week. Could be a great midfielder for us.

I hope MDS starts looking into some DPs. We desperately need them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->