NFL: 2018 Training Camp Discussion thread

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Nick Saban probably would have had the Dolphins turned around if the org listened to him. He wanted Drew Brees in FA. They went with Culpepper.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't think Saban had the clout to lead a team of men. He didn't get his way and he left like a wuss.

Still hilarious how they didn't want Brees because he was damaged goods and then Culpepper ended up being exactly that.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
They can't have guys making these kinds of plays driving their full body weight into the ground on a quarterback. Not because it's an egregiously bad and/or illegal play (it wasn't). It's because the NFL is a product and they have to protect their superstars and quarterbacks, and Rodgers is arguably their biggest. That's why you see so many terrible penalties on fouls with quarterbacks.
The NFL has to do something. These huge linemen have been purposely driving QBs onto their shoulders with the purpose of breaking their collarbones. It’s why we had more broken collarbones and separated shoulders in the past few seasons than before. Guys were trying to hurt QBs.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I really don't understand why the Rams didn't lock Donald up first, whatever it takes, and then add pieces from there. Seems obvious he should be the #1 priority.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Good to hear. I wouldn't even want them to improve the OL and add depth that way. Still, the Vikings are currently without their starting C, back up C, and both starting OG.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad