NFL: 2018 Training Camp Discussion thread

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Why are the media hyping the Bears? They're not a playoff team.

Sep 19, 2008
_TsahqDpbdvmf0zzRYTrj80mwmwT9H5ooKA7rz5H_D0.png

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
went down to Saints camp last week

- Marcus Williams is going to be a top 5 safety very soon
- Robert Meachem is STILL hanging around the team like Wooderson at a high school party, but even creepier and more desperate
- Alex Okafor looks incredible for a guy coming off an Achilles tear. I don't see Davenport being a full-time player this year, more like a 3rd down/rotational guy
- They are going to have to reinforce the radio booth at the Superdome. Zach Strief is a monster of a man and Deuce McAllister is going at least 320 pounds these days. Holy moly

They had Brees signed but failed him on his physical as he was just coming off the shoulder injury. So they turned around and traded for Culpepper.

To be fair, Brees had very long odds. The Saints gave him a contract because they basically had nothing to lose at the QB position. In fact, Brees wasn't even their first choice, Payton wanted to trade a 2nd rounder for Tony Romo but Jerry wouldn't do the deal.

Sep 19, 2008
went down to Saints camp last week

- Marcus Williams is going to be a top 5 safety very soon
- Robert Meachem is STILL hanging around the team like Wooderson at a high school party, but even creepier and more desperate
- Alex Okafor looks incredible for a guy coming off an Achilles tear. I don't see Davenport being a full-time player this year, more like a 3rd down/rotational guy
- They are going to have to reinforce the radio booth at the Superdome. Zach Strief is a monster of a man and Deuce McAllister is going at least 320 pounds these days. Holy moly

To be fair, Brees had very long odds. The Saints gave him a contract because they basically had nothing to lose at the QB position. In fact, Brees wasn't even their first choice, Payton wanted to trade a 2nd rounder for Tony Romo but Jerry wouldn't do the deal.

Thoughts on Streif taking the head PBP job for the Saints on radio>?

Sep 19, 2008
Holy cow, that may have been a top 5 all time episode.

Reception has been pretty negative towards Hue on other message boards but honestly I thought it was a good episode. Very emotional.

The 10% guy is hilarious (same guy who got his picture with Taylor Swift)

Lol the IG rant at the end

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

You're not getting equal value for Mack so that would be incredibly stupid. Rival execs always love to anonymously stir the pot though so I don't buy this just yet. Maybe if the holdout continued into the season.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Send him across the Bay for two 1sts. I'd do it easily. The one big piece the 49ers are missing. A legit edge rusher.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I would think Gruden would want a piece that can help him now in any trade involving Mack. If a deal did go down, I would assume it would be for a starter-level pass rusher along with a high pick or two next year.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Thoughts on Streif taking the head PBP job for the Saints on radio>?

I know a lot of people down there (including former acquaintances and colleagues in that biz, FWIW) are upset because they feel he hopped into the job without "paying his dues." But he's a super-smart guy who is beloved by Saints fans and majored in broadcasting at Northwestern. And from what I know, he straight-up won the job in the audition process.

Deuce as the color guy is another thing....he knows his stuff but I don't know if I've ever heard a more boring color guy in my life. His voice just makes me want to go take a 2 hour nap.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad