Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Basically we will extend Gudbranson 5x5
Let Vanek walk
Trade Hutton for a waiver eligible “prospect”

I think I can refine this.....

Also, Toronto offers Liljegren + 1st for Tanev, we decline because 'mentor'
Edler agrees to waive his NTC, Tampa offers a 1st, we think on it long enough for Edler to get hurt, trade Hutton + 3rd for Ryan Spooner instead.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
I think Baertschi goes. He's not really part of the "new core" moving forward and is up for a contract renewal. I could see him going as a part of the package for Domi.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Hopefully they move Gudbranson, regardless of return or needing to "save face."

I can't remember what they were talking about, but on 650 earlier with Sat and Auld, they had a clip of Gudbranson talking about rebuilds being tough etc. Got me thinking what if he doesn't even want to stay here? He's UFA. He's only had a sniff of playoffs once in his career and won't likely see them if he re-ups here for the next 3-4 years.

Just would be such a typical situation if they hold onto him over the deadline and then he walks for nothing.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Del Zotto Gudbranson Vanek and Goldobin are being shopped playing top4 top6.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I think Baertschi goes. He's not really part of the "new core" moving forward and is up for a contract renewal. I could see him going as a part of the package for Domi.

He's Bennings experiment though. If he was drafted by Gillis maybe but the dude traded a 2nd for him.

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
Which will be hilarious because the only experiment by Benning that actually works out will end up not getting an extension
Best part about the one experient that worked also worked out very well for the other party. The flames picked Rasmus Anderson with that pick and he's looking like a stud.

Reactions: timw33

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Best part about the one experient that worked also worked out very well for the other party. The flames picked Rasmus Anderson with that pick and he's looking like a stud.
Well, that’s the definition of a trade
A trade is suppose to benefit both parties

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
Well, that’s the definition of a trade
A trade is suppose to benefit both parties
Yep but that rarely happens... especially with Benning involved. He's usually on the losing end.

Anyways I would be OK with moving Sven if it was for a pick or Domi as long as we aren't adding too much.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Yep but that rarely happens... especially with Benning involved. He's usually on the losing end.

Anyways I would be OK with moving Sven if it was for a pick or Domi as long as we aren't adding too much.
I’ll do Sven straight up for Domi
Or Lind + a 4th

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
Question. Would you guys be good with trading our 1st rounder(not protected) and whatever else it would take to score OEL out of ARZ??

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Question. Would you guys be good with trading our 1st rounder(not protected) and whatever else it would take to score OEL out of ARZ??
no thanks. He will be 27 this summer and only a year away from free agency. He's also been less than impressive the past two seasons.

You are dealing a Top 5 picks (17/18 year old) for a a 26/27 year old when the core of your team is U23. Makes no sense just like Subban, Lucic, etc and every other player this organization has targeted at the draft. This organization needs to stop chasing it's tail and just accept that we won't be good for another 2-3+ years.

Reactions: racerjoe

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
no thanks. He will be 27 this summer and only a year away from free agency. He's also been less than impressive the past two seasons.

You are dealing a Top 5 picks (17/18 year old) for a a 26/27 year old when the core of your team is U23. Makes no sense just like Subban, Lucic, etc and every other player this organization has targeted at the draft. This organization needs to stop chasing it's tail and just accept that we won't be good for another 2-3+ years.
Cool. Would OEL doing a sign and trade affect your decision? Like 6 years for x amount of $?

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
I'm not totally against keep Gudbranson... but the numbers being talked about are crazy. Paying him more than $3 mil a year seems ridiculous. He's a 6th d-man...

The rest is disappointing but not unexpected. Management has been terrible at moving out assets for value the last few years sans last trade-deadline with Burrows and Hansen.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
I can't believe the three headed monster (Linden, Benning, Weisbrod) reportedly won't consider trading Tanev. My prediction is Tanev won't be worth more than he is now. I predict more injuries to finish this season and next. Just more evidence that this team won't commit to the hard, painful decisions that its going to take to make this team a winner. Incredibly frustrating!

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I don't understand why there is so much stock being put in club position on certain players re trade deadline. Things like "looking to extend Gudbranson" is exactly what they should be saying even if they have every intention of trading him. What are they supposed to say? "we need to get rid of Gudbranson because he will be too expensive for a third pairing D-man". Of course not.
And with Tanev, saying, at least publicly, that they don't want to trade him is also exactly what they should be saying. Then the conversation with the other team becomes, "well we really don't want to trade him but if the offer is very strong we'll listen?"
Public posturing can be very different from what the club is actually thinking.
(though I wouldn't trade Tanev)

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I don't understand why there is so much stock being put in club position on certain players re trade deadline. Things like "looking to extend Gudbranson" is exactly what they should be saying even if they have every intention of trading him. What are they supposed to say? "we need to get rid of Gudbranson because he will be too expensive for a third pairing D-man". Of course not.
And with Tanev, saying, at least publicly, that they don't want to trade him is also exactly what they should be saying. Then the conversation with the other team becomes, "well we really don't want to trade him but if the offer is very strong we'll listen?"

Well I guess we’ll see how much is posturing and how much is them simply refusing to rebuild. 10 days to go.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
The problem is the reports come from other teams saying the Canucks don't want to talk about Tanev..Either Benning is stupid or a genius, I guess we'll figure it out.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016

That would be
giphy.gif

Reactions: drax0s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad