NHL Entry Draft 2018 Tank Thread | Why Not Us? Why Not Now? | Sens Finish 30th, TOP 5 PICK GUARANTEED

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
This is EXACTY what was said before Boucher was hired.... as the Sens had gone through enough first time head coaches in recent times.

Boucher has been the only Head Coach Hired, who was previously a Head Coach (in the NHL) since Bryan Murray was head coach.

Dave Cameron
Paul MacLean
Cory Clouston
Craig Hartsburg
Which is why the geniuses that know what they're doing decided Boudreau wasn't worth it and we're now in the exact same position as we were then.

Reactions: Pierre in Orleans

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
The coach decides who plays and who dont, you need a coach who understands today's game and is able to make the necessary adjustments when thing are not going well. You need a coach who will give more minutes to the players who deserves it, playing time should be earn, but also you need to play your young guys, the NHL today is a young men's league.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
The coach decides who plays and who dont, you need a coach who understands today's game and is able to make the necessary adjustments when thing are not going well. You need a coach who will give more minutes to the players who deserves it, playing time should be earn, but also you need to play your young guys, the NHL today is a young men's league.

So having Anderson, Burrows, Oduya and Phaneuf on your team doesn’t help when it’s a young man’s game.

Youth, speed, character. That’s how I would build my team. Have some vets who aren’t f***ing useless helps too.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Svechnikov will not be drafted by the Senators, he's Russian. The Senators have not drafted a Russian player in the first round since Ilya Zubov, in 2005. Literally all our picks are North American, Swedish with the occasional Finn or so on. If we don't get Dahlin we'll draft a NA guy for sure. Tkachuk, McBain or Boqvist are more realistic expectations, perhaps.

And this is a another reason why our R-tar management is crapping the bed. I dont care where they come from as long as they can play draft him.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
anyone feel like if we end up with the 4th or 5th pick that drafting Tkachuk is a mistake? he's more nhl ready than a couple of guys but i feel like he's less skilled than the rest of prospects close to him. i'd much rather have a zadina or wahlstrom.

also i think we should be looking to get as many 1st round picks as possible; there are a lot of RHD worth drafting in the first round imo. between Boqvist, Bouchard, Dobson, Woo, Merkley & Wilde there's a good crop of RHD in this draft. i understand not drafting for need but they realstically fall somewhere in the draft terms of skill where we could be getting picks from other teams for guys such as Brassard, Smith & Ceci

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
anyone feel like if we end up with the 4th or 5th pick that drafting Tkachuk is a mistake? he's more nhl ready than a couple of guys but i feel like he's less skilled than the rest of prospects close to him. i'd much rather have a zadina or wahlstrom.

also i think we should be looking to get as many 1st round picks as possible; there are a lot of RHD worth drafting in the first round imo. between Boqvist, Bouchard, Dobson, Woo, Merkley & Wilde there's a good crop of RHD in this draft. i understand not drafting for need but they realstically fall somewhere in the draft terms of skill where we could be getting picks from other teams for guys such as Brassard, Smith & Ceci
We need to draft a center and should only be drafting centers until we find one that can lead our forwards.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
No, but enough to make sure you give yourself the best odds of finding that gem. Once you have that position set in stone everything else becomes easier.

No team operates that way. If you need defence you don’t just draft defencemen. You want Ottawa to use all their picks in the upcoming draft on centres even if they aren’t considered the best player available?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
No, but enough to make sure you give yourself the best odds of finding that gem. Once you have that position set in stone everything else becomes easier.

Always draft the best player available in the first 1-3 rounds. After that, you can take a flyer on positions or hunch picks.

Reactions: Cosmix

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Yeah, I haven't seen any of his play...but omg, that kid has the most punchable face I've ever seen.

283.jpg

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Since trading Spezza we have lacked a true #1. I know you take the best player possible it's just our luck at filling that position sucks.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Since trading Spezza we have lacked a true #1. I know you take the best player possible it's just our luck at filling that position sucks.

Drafting isn’t the only way to fill a need. We traded a defenceman (Rundblad) for a centre (Turris). Nashville traded Seth Jones for Ryan Johansen. You can deal from a position of strength to fill a weakness.

Right now the top prospects aren’t centres. Lots can change between now and June, but you can’t pass on a great defenceman or winger in the first round just because we need a centre.

Reactions: Cosmix

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Which is why the geniuses that know what they're doing decided Boudreau wasn't worth it and we're now in the exact same position as we were then.

Boudreau had other offers, not just one from Ottawa, it's not Dorion's fault that he decided Minnesota was the offer he decided to take.

Toronto had decided on Boucher, and he was even told to look for a house in Toronto, but suddenly Bobcock became available, and Toronto decided to go in that direction, and Boucher was back on the market.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So its a rebuild again......So what happens when these players ,start looking for their money???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad