NHL Entry Draft 2018 Tank Thread | Why Not Us? Why Not Now? | Sens Finish 30th, TOP 5 PICK GUARANTEED

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Not all can really be traded, hence why I said try. It will likely only be 3-5 guys leaving and you could also have something come back in some trades.

Ideally, Brass Ryan, Phaneuf and Smith would be the top targets to move because they either open up future options or have a decent potential return.
All those guys aren't completely useless and can be traded, it'll be hard but it's possible. Brassard & Smith would be the easiest to get rid of. Brassard + for Milano & Jenner. Smith could be traded for some picks that we can flip in a package for somebody else.

I know you'll disagree but I'll trade Ceci for Sam Reinhart. Signing Duchene and Stone is integral for a quick turnaround and we'll need to shed some money like Dion/Bobby/Burrows/Ceci/Smith

Hoffman - Duchene - Reinhart
Jenner - Brown - Stone
Milano - Pageau - White

Dahlin - Karlsson
Chabot - XXX

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
All those guys aren't completely useless and can be traded, it'll be hard but it's possible. Brassard & Smith would be the easiest to get rid of. Brassard + for Milano & Jenner. Smith could be traded for some picks that we can flip in a package for somebody else.

I know you'll disagree but I'll trade Ceci for Sam Reinhart. Signing Duchene and Stone is integral for a quick turnaround and we'll need to shed some money like Dion/Bobby/Burrows/Ceci/Smith

Hoffman - Duchene - Reinhart
Jenner - Brown - Stone
Milano - Pageau - White

Dahlin - Karlsson
Chabot - XXX

Rinehart isn't the worst idea. I'd probably pass, but value isn't too bad

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
You guys seriously think Pierre will trade his boy Brassard?

not gonna get hopeful for this franchise untill Melnyk is gone. Once Melnyk is gone, Pierre is gone once Pierre is gone Boucher is gone, get a real owner who will get a real GM, then start building only hope is this franchise winning #1 overall then they could get Dahlin if they win #2 overall i'm too scared they might select Boqvist over Svechnikov.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Well it was a nice start of the season with no tank talk. A rare respite we got to enjoy. But i guess there is no avoiding it now. But of course with the lottery that saw none of the top 3 tankers get a a top 3 pick last year, the value of ending up with one the 3 worst records is not what it used to be.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Well it was a nice start of the season with no tank talk. A rare respite we got to enjoy. But i guess there is no avoiding it now. But of course with the lottery that saw none of the top 3 tankers get a a top 3 pick last year, the value of ending up with one the 3 worst records is not what it used to be.

Kinda sad that the lottery has 2 years now.
Last year, none of the bottom 3 have been in the top 3 to select.
But by some miracle, on the first year the 30th team, get the 1st overall.. and it is darling Toronto.. not saying it was tricked.. but just saying..

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I am very torn.

I want to see the Senators win every game as I just prefer to watch them win but if a season is lost (and realistically this team won't make the play-offs now) then I would much rather we bottom out, get a really good draft pick and go from there.

I don't believe for a moment that the players on this team should be 3rd last in the league - there is far too much talent for that. Add in some of our younger guys and I can see this being a bit of a blessing. We can hit bottom, hopefully shed some dead weight and then next year when we our draft pick isn't protected we won't be anywhere near a lottery pick because we will be in the play-offs.

Do it right Senators. Please.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
D
You guys seriously think Pierre will trade his boy Brassard?

not gonna get hopeful for this franchise untill Melnyk is gone. Once Melnyk is gone, Pierre is gone once Pierre is gone Boucher is gone, get a real owner who will get a real GM, then start building only hope is this franchise winning #1 overall then they could get Dahlin if they win #2 overall i'm too scared they might select Boqvist over Svechnikov.

Dorion thought Brassard was our best forward last year, he probably thinks the same this year. No chance he trades him (especially since he only makes 3.5 million next year in actual salary).

Pierre is probably sitting in his office smiling about how he managed to acquire two #1 centers in the last couple of years. What other GM has done that!? And combined, they've put up 27 points in 52 games this year. That's almost 2nd line production!

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
So if we get the 4th pick, who do you want?

Hopefully one of Boqvist or Svechnicov fall, if not i am fine with Tkachuk or Zadina. Hopefully Zadina tho, would make his transition easier with Chlapik in the roster for him.

But man if this team wins Dahlin or Svechnikov that would be a huge turning point for this franchise, your either going into the next season with a elite top 6 D, or adding winger with 30-40 goal potential on a ELC contract without losing anyone.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
History has shown when this team finally gives up they tend to go on a good run.

Well, that was one season and something that we'll likely never see again. In 10-11 they had a good run late but that's basically all because of Anderson's arrival. I don't see this team being able to score enough to go on a great run late in the season if Boucher is still in charge.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Well, that was one season and something that we'll likely never see again. In 10-11 they had a good run late but that's basically all because of Anderson's arrival. I don't see this team being able to score enough to go on a great run late in the season if Boucher is still in charge.

Also unlike that season, I don’t see us being able to unload 6 players to make room for the kids. Unless of course you want to move Brassard, Smith, Hoffman, Pageau, Dzingel and Ceci.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
damn just did a lottery sim and the sens fell 3 spots.

That's the problem. Sens could gut the team, and end up dead last with virtually no talent....then pick 4th and be garbage for a decade afterwards, constantly losing out on the top 1-3 picks.

Edit: Just tried the simulators twice, and both times the f***ing penguins won. That's how gutwrenching that stupid lotto could be for us if we deliberately tank. :(

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
On behalf of Avs fans, I'm going to apologize in advance for what might become a contentious season between our fanbases next season if you finish under #10. But your losses will be our gain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad