NHL Entry Draft 2018 Tank Thread | Why Not Us? Why Not Now? | Sens Finish 30th, TOP 5 PICK GUARANTEED

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This thread is pretty hilarious. Just the thought that Ryan could ever be traded.....Wake up and smell the coffee folks. We're stuck with glass-hands Bobby for four and a half more years unless we buy him off which y'all know is never happening.

I'm all in for the tank. I won't actively be cheering it on, but quietly will be hoping for more losses than wins(never against Toronto or Montreal though, that would be insanity). We're clearly not going anywhere with this coach and group, so we need to pick in the top-3 and unload some of the dead weight we can get rid of and eventually move on.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
On behalf of Avs fans, I'm going to apologize in advance for what might become a contentious season between our fanbases next season if you finish under #10. But your losses will be our gain.

I doubt it. Nothing to do with the Avs or their fans.

Sure you'll be cheering for us to lose, but this was all "our" (team's) doing.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
this year is a write off. Move a couple vets/contracts at the TDL and pick up a couple of draft picks.

we've got some talent playing WJ this year and seemingly some quality pieces at Belleville.

Lebreton decision on the way to create some momentum and we're good to go next year

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
this year is a write off. Move a couple vets/contracts at the TDL and pick up a couple of draft picks.

we've got some talent playing WJ this year and seemingly some quality pieces at Belleville.

Lebreton decision on the way to create some momentum and we're good to go next year
Not with Boucher as coach

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Not with Boucher as coach

I’m torn on this. I’m not convinced yet that Boucher is a long term something with that he roster we have, but the team needs stability and firing another coach is a terrible idea at this point.

The team we have isn’t built to play Boucher’s system.

But losing Methot and Turris, it really makes you wonder about our coach and GM evaluations. They were terrible this summer - we lost maybe our #2 and #3 most important players, one for nothing and the other we gave away with ++++. Hugely bad trade and expansion lose. Just brutal.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I’m torn on this. I’m not convinced yet that Boucher is a long term something with that he roster we have, but the team needs stability and firing another coach is a terrible idea at this point.

The team we have isn’t built to play Boucher’s system.

But losing Methot and Turris, it really makes you wonder about our coach and GM evaluations. They were terrible this summer - we lost maybe our #2 and #3 most important players, one for nothing and the other we gave away with ++++. Hugely bad trade and expansion lose. Just brutal.
He is not the solution. We need an NHL coach with actual experience and not another has been or assistant coach promoted from the same staff that isn't getting it done

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
He is not the solution. We need an NHL coach with actual experience and not another has been or assistant coach promoted from the same staff that isn't getting it done

And in fantasyland that's a great solution. Do you really see Melnyk replacing one of the cheapest coaches in the league with an experienced guy who's going to want to get paid? That's about as likely as me finding a Bugatti under my Xmas tree tomorrow.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
And in fantasyland that's a great solution. Do you really see Melnyk replacing one of the cheapest coaches in the league with an experienced guy who's going to want to get paid? That's about as likely as me finding a Bugatti under my Xmas tree tomorrow.
No you're right that's why there are some dark days ahead for this organization as long as Melnyk is owner

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Yeah, let's just ask the 15-16 Pittsburgh Penguins how important coaching is to winning.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I don't think it's possible that this poster could give us more evidence that he has absolutely no understanding about the sport of hockey whatsoever.

Coaching is far down the list of reasons teams do well :laugh::laugh::laugh::help:
It has to be Eugene Melnyk. There is literally nothing he doesn't have the same stance as him on.

Reactions: Engineer

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Svechnikov will not be drafted by the Senators, he's Russian. The Senators have not drafted a Russian player in the first round since Ilya Zubov, in 2005. Literally all our picks are North American, Swedish with the occasional Finn or so on. If we don't get Dahlin we'll draft a NA guy for sure. Tkachuk, McBain or Boqvist are more realistic expectations, perhaps.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

This is EXACTY what was said before Boucher was hired.... as the Sens had gone through enough first time head coaches in recent times.

Boucher has been the only Head Coach Hired, who was previously a Head Coach (in the NHL) since Bryan Murray was head coach.

Dave Cameron
Paul MacLean
Cory Clouston
Craig Hartsburg

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Svechnikov will not be drafted by the Senators, he's Russian. The Senators have not drafted a Russian player in the first round since Ilya Zubov, in 2005. Literally all our picks are North American, Swedish with the occasional Finn or so on. If we don't get Dahlin we'll draft a NA guy for sure. Tkachuk, McBain or Boqvist are more realistic expectations, perhaps.
Wat. Zubov was a fourth round pick. Last Russian we drafted was Ruslan Bashkirov in the 2nd in 2007.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad