NHL Entry Draft 2018 Tank Thread | Why Not Us? Why Not Now? | Sens Finish 30th, TOP 5 PICK GUARANTEED

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Because the last one never should have been closed in my honest opinion. Its also fustrating since you can't express how happy you are that the sens aren't racking up points that are just going to hurt them in the GDTs so this will be a good spot you can root on the Tank.

PNGPIX-COM-Military-Tank-PNG-Transparent-Image-2.png

DaJBgzcWkAADhmq.jpg:large

Tankathon | 2018 NHL Draft Order & Lottery Simulator

Ran three lottery sims..... Sens finished, 5th, 5th, and 4th.

Top 5 this year looks to be.

1 - Rasmus Dahlin ,
Ht/Wt:6 '1"/181 lbs
Position:LHD
Team: Frolunda (SHL)

2. Andrei Svechnikov
Ht/Wt:6' 2"/185 lbs
Position:RW
Team: Barrie (OHL)

3- Adam Boqvist
Ht/Wt:5'11"/170 lbs
Position:RHD
Team: Brynas IF J20 (SWE)

4 - Filip Zadina
Ht/Wt:6' 0"/198 lbs
Position:LW
Team: Halifax Mooseheads(QMJHL)

5 - Brady Tkachuk
Ht/Wt:6' 2"/195 lbs
Position:C/LW
Team: Boston U

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Other than the Red Wings, we're probably most deserving of a top pick than any of those other teams shown in the OP. No natural top picks since the mid 90s. We had Spezza in '01, but that was the Islanders pick and came at the consequence of having to trade our Hart candidate centre.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I want to see Svechnikov play. We need a talent like that up front but I have no idea what he is. I'm kinda all in on Dahlen and Boqvist. They sound like corner stone type D who could replace Karlsson.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
If the sens do land #1 im totally fine with moving it for #2 + 2nd/A Prospect. it addresses a team need more. Svechnikov is the dream. He can be our first 40 goal scorer since Heatley.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
If the sens do land #1 im totally fine with moving it for #2 + 2nd/A Prospect. it addresses a team need more. Svechnikov is the dream. He can be our first 40 goal scorer since Heatley.

I dunno, going with Karlsson-Dahlin-Chabot as the team's top three D would be sexayyyyyyyyyyy. Like, Kate Beckinsale kinds.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I dunno, going with Karlsson-Dahlin-Chabot as the team's top three D would be sexayyyyyyyyyyy. Like, Kate Beckinsale kinds.

It would be a f***ing nightmare for teams to match up if they were all on their own pairings, but I do think its time for the sens to get an elite goal scorer more of a need.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
It would be a ****ing nightmare for teams to match up if they were all on their own pairings, but I do think its time for the sens to get an elite goal scorer more of a need.

But it would likely be a few seasons before he puts up 35+ consistently, if at all.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
If the sens take Boqvist with the second overall seriously f*** this team.

Seriously though its gonna be nice rooting for my boy Lehner next game

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Other than the Red Wings, we're probably most deserving of a top pick than any of those other teams shown in the OP. No natural top picks since the mid 90s. We had Spezza in '01, but that was the Islanders pick and came at the consequence of having to trade our Hart candidate centre.

Hell, even among 1st overalls we have had terrible luck:

Daigle - Massive bust that everyone would have taken
Berard - Asks for trade
Phillips - Nothing against Phillips, but he isn't a 1st OA skill guy. But looking at who else was picked in this draft (esspecially near the top) we did about as good as could be expected.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Hell, even among 1st overalls we have had terrible luck:

Daigle - Massive bust that everyone would have taken
Berard - Asks for trade
Phillips - Nothing against Phillips, but he isn't a 1st OA skill guy. But looking at who else was picked in this draft (esspecially near the top) we did about as good as could be expected.

I am glad we got Redden for Berard though.

Drafting Pronger would have changed the entire history of the Sens. What could have been...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->