2018 summer prospect camp scrimmage 7/6

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Probably because he's Russian but Kotkov stuck out to me.. add in that size and potential scoring ability, we might have something.

Reactions: NiWa

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Kotkov and Brazeau look interesting in that the Sharks could use some guys who have good size and offense but who hopefully aren't slow as molasses. They could use some young guys who can create havoc down low and provide offense when JT and Pavs are gone.

Totally going of the little bit of info in the posts above and their size, so it's a surface impression of the players at best.

wishman

Jan 20, 2007

I think Roy is pretty much done now.

How long has it been since he tore his ACL? Long recovery period. No surprise that he's still not ready to skate in a practice yet and probably won't be until at least camp.

Not to say that he isn't done. :sarcasm: But likely he is still on track with his recovery based on his workouts in his Instagram feed.

(Edit: Looks like is ACL surgery was on Jan 11th).

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I think all hope is not lost, the talent is still there, he just got unlucky.

I don’t think you can assume the talent is still there. This guy was basically injured for his entire 19-21 year old seasons. That’s zero develoment between his draft year and now. Even if he never gets another knee injury again, he’s probably done.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
I don’t think you can assume the talent is still there. This guy was basically injured for his entire 19-21 year old seasons. That’s zero develoment between his draft year and now. Even if he never gets another knee injury again, he’s probably done.
His AHL stats were pretty good for a guy who missed so much time. The eye test also checks out.

You guys can call me ignorant but I honestly think a healthy Roy can compete with Simek for the 7th D spot. He is that good. (I know I am biased, but we really should not give up one him)

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
His AHL stats were pretty good for a guy who missed so much time. The eye test also checks out.

You guys can call me ignorant but I honestly think a healthy Roy can compete with Simek for the 7th D spot. He is that good. (I know I am biased, but we really should not give up one him)
I'll give him one more knee injury before i call it.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

8 points in 20 games doesn’t scream that good at me, but I’ll take your word for it since I haven’t seen him play this year. 75, being the total number of games that Roy has played in three years since being drafted, is the number I think is more relevant.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Roy is a righty and Simek a lefty who, as far as I know, never played the right side. No real competition there. With Roy still out, I'm really worried about RD. There's just zero depth.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Roy is a righty and Simek a lefty who, as far as I know, never played the right side. No real competition there. With Roy still out, I'm really worried about RD. There's just zero depth.

Burns
Braun
DeMelo (?)
Heed
Wood
Merkley (in a few years)

It will be interesting to see whether or not the organization addresses the RD. My guess, given the way that everybody is being treated, is that the organization wants to trade Tierney for an RHD and they want to bring DeMelo back as a #7D.

The fact that Tierney hasn’t been signed yet and the organization hasn’t had serious talks with him is just a bit out of character for the Sharks. In general, DW tends to take care of his own and he tends to get things done pretty quickly. Tierney is a fairly decent trade chip that could go one-for-one for a solid bottom pairing puck moving RHD or that could be packaged with a prospect or a pick for a bonafide 2nd pairing RHD. I’m not expecting to see him in teal in October.

The way DeMelo is being treated right now, and the way that he has been treated for a while up to this point, just feels like the way a guy gets treated when nobody really cares about him. DW refused to qualify him, and then said that they are still in discussions. My guess is that DW is looking to sign him to a two-way deal to bring him on as a 7th D and AHL support, while DeMelo is looking for full-time NHL minutes and a one-way deal. I think they didn’t qualify him because a QO would mean paying him more than money than they want to pay him, and doing so on a one-way deal. I would appreciate if a CBA expert would educate me on this, though.

When it comes to Heed, I think PinkFloyd mentioned before that with the way that he was treated, Heed probably won’t be an option for us in the long term. That would leave us with DeMelo as the #3RD and Kyle Wood as the #4RD. We probably need better than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad