Speculation: 2018 Stars Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I don't understand how Patrick Maroon signed a 1x1.75M contract but Blake Comeau got 3x2.4M.

Sounds like he’s taking a one year discount and re-signing in January for a higher price tag. Looks like St. Louis is going all in this year.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Hope Seguin gets re-signed soon, this wait is brutal. I just realized it took Nill until the 15th of July to re-sign Benn so I'm sure they're working something out it's just so hard to wait for this because of what happened to Tavares and the Islanders, and it's the reason Panarin and Karlsson are going to be traded

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
Don’t know where it came from but heard Nill has offered Honka, Gurinov, Hintz, and 2019 first for Karlsson. What do y’all think of that. I don’t want to lose Hintz but would do it.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Don’t know where it came from but heard Nill has offered Honka, Gurinov, Hintz, and 2019 first for Karlsson. What do y’all think of that. I don’t want to lose Hintz but would do it.
That was probably RumorBreak and the guy is a hack.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

I saw that too it's fake. I'd do it in a heartbeat though lol

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Just curious... is there a way we take Bobby Ryan in a Karlsson deal? Maybe if OTT retains salary, which they probably wouldn't do?
You could pay less to get EK and take on Ryan and then flip him plus another minor asset to another team with cap space. Ryan's not a bad player, he just has a horrible contract, throw in a prospect and a team might take him.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
It would hurt but I would definately do it . If we can keep heisk , and the rest of the core while adding karlsson it’s a no brainer .

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
You'd think gotta move out some players that aren't earning their salary like Ritchies 1.7 mil which isn't huge but the cap relief would be nice considering his contributions can easily be replaced.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Someone had Shore as another roster player going the other way. Not sure if that was in addition to or in place of Hintz or whoever.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
In PIT, I think they think he played well enough to be in their top 4, certainly a lock to 5-6. Only the Stars sit fairly good young D in the press box until the rot. (Not that I want him back, but glad for him, and glad he may burnish Niewy's first round drafting record a bit, FWIW)

Besides, in today's world, 2.1M isn't an exorbitant salary.

Reactions: brighteststars

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He was given a fair chance here and failed. Glad he was traded and glad he did well for them, but I doubt he can keep it up. Habs fans liked Jordie Benn and thought he was a steal at first too. Now they hate him

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
He was given a fair chance here and failed. Glad he was traded and glad he did well for them, but I doubt he can keep it up. Habs fans liked Jordie Benn and thought he was a steal at first too. Now they hate him
I don't ever want to see Jamie Oleksiak, Jordie Benn, or Greg Pateryn wearing a Stars jersey again. I'm pretty sure I'll be adding Roman Polak to that list real soon.

Reactions: brighteststars

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
Oleksiak played 6th d-man minutes for Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Their coaches figured it out. He played less than Ruhwedel. If Hunwick wasn't so terrible Oleksiak probably would've been scratched a few games. Now they've traded Hunwick, and added Jack Johnson. He'll see a lot more healthy scratches next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad