Speculation: 2018 Stars Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
McKenzie was on a one-way contract playing in the AHL last season, as was Jussi Rynnas when he was in Texas many moons ago.

Very small sample size but he'll do it if he needs too, if he wanted to save money he could have made Nill keep McKenzie on the NHL roster and move one of the guys on a two-way contract back to the AHL (Elie/Smith/Dickinson).

Regardless, I think Dickinson is either on the NHL roster or on a different team next season.

Reactions: Kcb12345

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Gaglardi isn't going to pay a guy NHL money to play in the AHL, so yes, it helps.

Sure he is if they get waived and clear.

Benn, Seguin, Rads
Janmark, Spezza, Nichushkin
Comeau, Faksa, Pitlick
Shore, Hanzal, Ritchie
Elie, Dickinson, Smith

I mean.. someone is going to be making 1 way contract in Texas or claimed.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
From Larry Brooks...

“Talks between the Lightning and Senators regarding a potential Erik Karlsson trade have subsided. Indeed, Dallas has re-emerged as the most likely destination for the two-time Norris recipient if Ottawa moves him within the foreseeable future.”

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
From Larry Brooks...

“Talks between the Lightning and Senators regarding a potential Erik Karlsson trade have subsided. Indeed, Dallas has re-emerged as the most likely destination for the two-time Norris recipient if Ottawa moves him within the foreseeable future.”

Where was this at?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'm not buying it, but I don't mind seeing it. Makes me at least have a little hope, but I doubt every report on Karlsson I see right now.

As Satan mentioned above, Panarin would just be an incredible addition to this team. He is absolutely what we need.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I'm not buying it, but I don't mind seeing it. Makes me at least have a little hope, but I doubt every report on Karlsson I see right now.

As Satan mentioned above, Panarin would just be an incredible addition to this team. He is absolutely what we need.
That may not be doable since he’s already being picky about where he signs an extension.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
bdPJEvY.jpg

AONm4l1.gif

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I don't care what happens, not going back to that train wreck thread on the Trade Rumors board.....

I think Nill said he wanted to trade without an extension, a la the Spezza trade, taking the chance he can convince him to sign long term. Also, gets him for a year, finds out what Seguin wants, who is first priority, then fits EK in. Ok with that.

I bet his offer hasn't changed, might up it to one more prospect or draft pick, no Miro in any case, esp. w/o an extensions. No prob.

One potential problem, If EK comes, we might have to sign his bud Methot for more years. Second potential problem, Dorion remembers Nill hosing him with magic beans in the Spezza trade. All will be forgiven if Nill has the best offer when the smoke clears. It apparently was at one time, and it could be again after Dorion makes his rounds. Sort of like going to all the car dealers to see if they match the price you got first......

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Sure he is if they get waived and clear.

Benn, Seguin, Rads
Janmark, Spezza, Nichushkin
Comeau, Faksa, Pitlick
Shore, Hanzal, Ritchie
Elie, Dickinson, Smith

I mean.. someone is going to be making 1 way contract in Texas or claimed.
I agree with those lines (1st, 2nd, and 3rd) if we don’t make a move before the start of season. Of course the 4th line will be whoever of the rest of the guys grab it. Hintz has a good chance to be in there as well.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
So now after not even a week Dallas again may have the top shot at getting Karlsson. Pacioretty looks more available as well.

Does Nill pick up one the guys?

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Quick fix.

The article on SB Nation says that the Stars should look at getting free agent Artemi Panarin.

He’s not a free agent until after this upcoming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad