Speculation: 2018 Stars Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Glad Ole founds a new home and is getting paid, but unsure why they paid him like that. Seems like there is 50 other guys with the same skill making half as much.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
You can’t teach size!!!

DVa72xDX0AAzMPH.jpg

hagan88

May 19, 2014
Dallas, Texas
I would love to trade for Duchene. I don't know what all Ott would want (1st rd pick, B prospect, Roster player) but I think he would excel at Dallas. What would we have to give up?

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
I would love to trade for Duchene. I don't know what all Ott would want (1st rd pick, B prospect, Roster player) but I think he would excel at Dallas. What would we have to give up?

I'd assume that we wouldn't have to give much in terms of prospects (as if we have a stable full of studs), but pretty sure they'd want our 1st round and our GM, whom has done so brilliantly with his 1st round selections, will likely balk at it.

hagan88

May 19, 2014
Dallas, Texas
I know he hasn't played there often but would Spezza work on the wing would be nice as LW but I vaguely remember him playing RW a couple times over the years?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I know he hasn't played there often but would Spezza work on the wing would be nice as LW but I vaguely remember him playing RW a couple times over the years?

Would Faksa be our 2C? I don't like the idea of forcing Spezza to play out of position again. That has not worked well in the past. Unless you're referring to the Duchene trade above, then maybe if he's playing with a player that talented.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

hagan88

May 19, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Yes. Spezza playing wing would only be if we got a 2nd line center (Duchene). I have a feeling they want to roll with Spezza at 2nd center and try to get LW. I just feel Duchene is a buy low great player to get right now.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
2 years ago today the Stars signed Jamie Benn to an 8 year extension. Would love some Seguin contract news

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Considering Polak is ten times better than Heatherington ... yes he is the #7 D and Heater is in the AHL.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Considering Polak is ten times better than Heatherington ... yes he is the #7 D and Heater is in the AHL.

Indicator should also this was also tweeted out by the Texas Stars Twitter account . This only happens with guys expected to play there.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
My big fear is waiting so long on Karlsson that we miss out on the Skinner or Patches sweepstakes. I trust Nill when it comes to trades though.

I agree, but at the same time deals such as trading Karlsson can freeze the market while everyone waits for that to drop.

I suspect Ottawa realizes they have the entire offseason to wait and are in no rush to move him. I doubt they get any better offers than they have now, but it can’t really hurt them too much to wait IMO.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
The silence surrounding the Stars right now is killing me...could also be a very good thing though I guess

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm not too worried about silence right now.

If a bunch of trades for all the good players who are supposedly on the market happen and the Stars are not involved, then I worry.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Morning everyone, it has been silent lately. Dead time or so of the offseason at the moment.

Still not too worried yet about Dallas signing Seguin and it becoming a “Tavares” story. Do you think though now that it may carry on into the season?

Is he possibly waiting to see how Monty runs the team, how Heiskanen/Nichuskin/etc. fill spots and how overall as a team Dallas begins the new season?

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Some of the +’s I see so far heading into the new season.

1. Monty with a more open offensive style game.
2. Our D looks good even if it takes Heiskanen a bit to get in.
3. Nichuskin to some may be a ? but he’ll do better than Ritchie.
4. Spezza will step up from last season.
5. If Bishop again has some injury issues I like the change with his new backup.

Not saying we’re a contender of course but there were numerous down things that stood out last season that the Stars seemed to have improved on so far looking towards the new season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad