2018 Season Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If you're desperate, sure. Tampa is actually 4th in the league in rush yards per game against (the good 4th, not the bad 4th). It's their pass defense that is brutal.

Well my options aren't very good Smith, Bibbs, Barber, Duke Johnson, Jamaal Williams, Richard or Blue?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Well my options aren't ver y good Smith, Bibbs, Barber, Duke Johnson, Jamaal Williams, Richard or Blue?

Smith or Bibbs. I'm not sure if Bibbs catches passes or not. I don't think he does. I expect Washington to be well behind in that game. I also don't know how many snaps he'll get. Smith is the safer play in my mind, but Bibbs is a high ceiling but low floor option.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Re: The league I'm talking about above.

I'm stumped. I feel like my team is pretty good, but I don't think it's good enough to win. Should I look to deal Gronk if I lose this week (which would drop me to 3-3)? I honestly think he's going to retire soon, and I don't want to lose him for nothing.

QB- Rivers
RB- Elliott, Kamara
WR- Evans, Fuller, G. Tate
TE- Gronkowski
Flex- Cooper
K- Fairbairn
DEF- Chicago
BN- Stafford, Rosen, Drake, L. Miller, Hogan, Westbrook, D.J. Moore, Gallup, Goedert, Hurst
IR- Lee, Burkhead

Edit: I traded my 1st for next year already, so maybe I should just stand pat.

Welp... barring a decent game from Gronk (say, 7/70/1), I'll fail to break 100 points for the second week in a row for this league (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 K, 1 DEF... full PPR with a five point bonus at 350 passing, 150 rushing or 175 receiving).

I don't have my first. I don't want to "go for it", but I don't want to end up having the traded pick turn into a top three pick or something. I know that I'm overreacting, but I expected a really good regular season from this team.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
up by 35 and the other guy has rodgers and watkins playing. bracing myself for another L

figured the bears D would have a field day with osweiler at QB and they put up a big dud. meanwhile the ravens D was left on my bench

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
My opponent is done and I have Kelce going, plus I’m already up.

So with an eye towards next week, I have Brown, Conner, and Russell Wilson on bye. Flacco is my other QB, and I’m wondering if I should stick with him against NO, or try to pick up another QB. Best options are Winston, Trubisky, Bortles, and Keenum.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
My opponent is done and I have Kelce going, plus I’m already up.

So with an eye towards next week, I have Brown, Conner, and Russell Wilson on bye. Flacco is my other QB, and I’m wondering if I should stick with him against NO, or try to pick up another QB. Best options are Winston, Trubisky, Bortles, and Keenum.

I honestly would have dumped Flacco for Winston before the games today. Think ahead.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I honestly would have dumped Flacco for Winston before the games today. Think ahead.
I know...I messed up. Luckily Wilson did good and I didn’t need those extra points anyway...but yeah that was dumb on my part.

But my question still stands. Unless I’m just dumb and you’re implying I grab Winston lol.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Welp, I'm down 7 points, opponent is done and I have Aaron Rodgers playing tonight. Should be another W for me and a 6-0 record. I'm already the only undefeated player in my league, and I'm playing the #2 guy (he's 4-1) so I'll create a little bit of separation there. (I'm leading in point total by about 110 points so far too). :cool:

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Pulverized my opponent to go 6-0!

e51b52d8e533135f7ff926a5035ca907.png

Quite possible I am joined there by someone else, though. His opponent just has Pierre Garcon left in a close match.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Funchess+Njoku would've won me my matchup if I played them in place of Enunwa+Cook. Which I thought long and hard about doing. I definitely shold've started Njoku but I guess I can't blame myself for Enunwa getting hurt.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I lost by double digits to someone that started Jay Ajayi... :madfire:

I lost by more than 75 in my longest running dynasty. That's two weeks in a row that I've been the wrong end of the biggest blowout.

Correction: I lost by more than 20 (still double digits, but still) in the Ajayi league.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Is Amari Cooper dropable? I drafted him in my two leagues fairly high, think he was the first WR I took in one of them.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Is Amari Cooper dropable? I drafted him in my two leagues fairly high, think he was the first WR I took in one of them.

Depends. He'd definitely be picked up immediately, so he does retain value. If you can hold him, I'd hold to see if he's traded, as he might end up in a great situation. That being said, he's going to be very inconsistent, which isn't something I like in fantasy. If you have a good enough roster where you aren't going to play him, then I'd drop him and not worry about it. Yes, there will be weeks where he'll get WR1/2 numbers, but he'll have weeks where he'll give you nothing.

I don't like receivers where you don't know how many targets they'll get on any given week.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Depends. He'd definitely be picked up immediately, so he does retain value. If you can hold him, I'd hold to see if he's traded, as he might end up in a great situation. That being said, he's going to be very inconsistent, which isn't something I like in fantasy. If you have a good enough roster where you aren't going to play him, then I'd drop him and not worry about it. Yes, there will be weeks where he'll get WR1/2 numbers, but he'll have weeks where he'll give you nothing.

I don't like receivers where you don't know how many targets they'll get on any given week.

In one league I have Ridley, Boyd, Cooper and Rodgers, just dropped Enunwa. So kinda need to keep him with how thin I am. The other I have Thielen, Ridley, Edelman, Cooper, Fuller and dropping Enunwa this week. I think I haven't played him the last 3 weeks in that one. The waiver wire is pretty crappy though.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I wouldn't drop Cooper, but it wouldn't surprise me if later in the season you can drop him. This is strange territory for a high-pedigree draft pick to be extremely good for his first couple of years and then completely fall off. I guess Braylon Edwards kind of did that, but it's really rare.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don't think he is, but you probably aren't starting him unless you're really desperate. After the bye weeks are over, he may be droppable.

I started him last week, my other options were Enunwa and Rodgers, it wouldn't have mattered anyway I went against Barkley and Hill so got crushed. It's the first time I started him in weeks.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I'm tempted to start two TEs next week. I started the year with Walker, then picked up Howard and then picked up Hooper to fill in while Howard was out. But now I can't drop Hooper on this hot streak and want to ride it while it lasts. My other options to start at flex are Shepard and Funchess.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm tempted to start two TEs next week. I started the year with Walker, then picked up Howard and then picked up Hooper to fill in while Howard was out. But now I can't drop Hooper on this hot streak and want to ride it while it lasts. My other options to start at flex are Shepard and Funchess.

As bad as the Falcons' defense is, you can't start Shepard with Eli as their QB. Who does Carolina play again? I'll get the start/sit thread up soon.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Suffered my first loss of the year. Going into Sunday night I had Gronk and a 30pt lead. Opponent had Tyreek and Butker (KC kicker)

I lost....

Reactions: HockeyThoughts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad