2018 Season Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I hope OBJ can have another 13+ point game next week. I wouldn't mind trying to unload him for a RB. I ended up trading the Chicago D and Shady for Michael Thomas. At this point in time I wont hesitate to play MT over OBJ the next few weeks based on his usage and how bad the Giants are.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I hope OBJ can have another 13+ point game next week. I wouldn't mind trying to unload him for a RB. I ended up trading the Chicago D and Shady for Michael Thomas. At this point in time I wont hesitate to play MT over OBJ the next few weeks based on his usage and how bad the Giants are.
Thomas' volume is just so crazy. It seems like the Giants have mostly been using OBJ as a short-yardage, screen-pass option when they need 2-4 yards for a first down.

I think that's a pretty good trade you made. I originally wanted Odell or Julio, but ended up with Michael Thomas and I couldn't be happier.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I was projected for the 4th most points this week in one of my dynasty leagues (12 teams). I had nobody play yesterday. I only have a 25% chance of winning according to Yahoo. Feels bad.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Made an interesting deal:

Full PPR

I gave Mike Thomas and Chris Thompson for McCaffrey and Landry.

I was weak at RB, especially after losing Ajayi and not having Clement or Smallwood. I think Thomas is a fantastic player but with Ingram back and how much the Saints spread the ball, I'm not sure he's going to keep this pace up. Thompson is great but he's always one hit away from his season being over, and can be gamescripted right out of games. McCaffrey plays something like 95% of snaps and gets lots of touches (though his lack of goal line work is a concern), and Landry is always good for 10 or so PPR point floor.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Made an interesting deal:

Full PPR

I gave Mike Thomas and Chris Thompson for McCaffrey and Landry.

I was weak at RB, especially after losing Ajayi and not having Clement or Smallwood. I think Thomas is a fantastic player but with Ingram back and how much the Saints spread the ball, I'm not sure he's going to keep this pace up. Thompson is great but he's always one hit away from his season being over, and can be gamescripted right out of games. McCaffrey plays something like 95% of snaps and gets lots of touches (though his lack of goal line work is a concern), and Landry is always good for 10 or so PPR point floor.

I like it. I don't have any McCaffrey shares. It's probably really fun to now own him.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I was projected for the 4th most points this week in one of my dynasty leagues (12 teams). I had nobody play yesterday. I only have a 25% chance of winning according to Yahoo. Feels bad.
He had Barkley, didn't he? I'm basically the opposite of you, I'm going against the top guy, and Barkley just make it a 50/50 tossup.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
He had Barkley, didn't he? I'm basically the opposite of you, I'm going against the top guy, and Barkley just make it a 50/50 tossup.

Yup.

I'm most likely going to finish this week with the third most points (after Week 6 since I currently have a decent sized lead over the team with the 4th most points), but be 3-3.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Re: The league I'm talking about above.

I'm stumped. I feel like my team is pretty good, but I don't think it's good enough to win. Should I look to deal Gronk if I lose this week (which would drop me to 3-3)? I honestly think he's going to retire soon, and I don't want to lose him for nothing.

QB- Rivers
RB- Elliott, Kamara
WR- Evans, Fuller, G. Tate
TE- Gronkowski
Flex- Cooper
K- Fairbairn
DEF- Chicago
BN- Stafford, Rosen, Drake, L. Miller, Hogan, Westbrook, D.J. Moore, Gallup, Goedert, Hurst
IR- Lee, Burkhead

Edit: I traded my 1st for next year already, so maybe I should just stand pat.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You shouldn't have been comparing Fournette vs Ingram, McCoy, or Hyde though... those guys were all rated much lower. Gordon, Hunt, Cook, McCaffrey, Mixon, etc was more his tier.

It was an 8 team PPR league. I had the 8th and 9th pick I took Fournette at 8 and McCaffrey at 9. Cook I wasn't taking as I as don't like guys coming off significant injuries. I had Hunt last year and he faded a bit down the stretch and with Mahomes taking over didn't think he'd get the work like he did last year. Mixon wasn't as good as Fournette so ranked him lower so the only one I was considering was Gordon. I live in Orlando and like the Jags so I would get to see him play more and would be cheering for them anyway. I wasn't expecting him to miss this much time, he's played through some injuries before so I didn't think he'd miss this much time.

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Re: The league I'm talking about above.

I'm stumped. I feel like my team is pretty good, but I don't think it's good enough to win. Should I look to deal Gronk if I lose this week (which would drop me to 3-3)? I honestly think he's going to retire soon, and I don't want to lose him for nothing.

QB- Rivers
RB- Elliott, Kamara
WR- Evans, Fuller, G. Tate
TE- Gronkowski
Flex- Cooper
K- Fairbairn
DEF- Chicago
BN- Stafford, Rosen, Drake, L. Miller, Hogan, Westbrook, D.J. Moore, Gallup, Goedert, Hurst
IR- Lee, Burkhead

Edit: I traded my 1st for next year already, so maybe I should just stand pat.

I missed the playoffs in a league last year despite finishing with the most points. Not even close to the playoffs either - I think 4-9 or 5-8. Fantasy football is frustrating sometimes.

The Alien

From another world.
Apr 1, 2015
BC
Trade:

I have AB

Need RBs
(Had McKinnon and Ajayi, and Cook is stashed)

Do I accept DJ and Aaron Jones?

My WRs are playable without AB. TY, Edelman, Davis, Martavis and Jones Jr.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I missed the playoffs in a league last year despite finishing with the most points. Not even close to the playoffs either - I think 4-9 or 5-8. Fantasy football is frustrating sometimes.

I wish there was a way to edit the playoff tree on Yahoo. I heard some idea on the fantasy channel on Sirius XM that I really liked.

The top four by record make it, and then the two teams with the most points from the remaining teams get the 5 and 6 seeds respectively. I know Fantrax allows it.

klamla

Jan 3, 2016
i wouldn't put too much stock into the projections. if it helps, i personally think you have a 75% chance of winning

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Daaang, the first placd dude in my .5 ppr league just traded Gurley and Hyde for Cooks and Kamara..

I mean you dont trade Gurley right?? Kamara is unreal but Ingram back that has to lower him a bit.

What yall think?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Daaang, the first placd dude in my .5 ppr league just traded Gurley and Hyde for Cooks and Kamara..

I mean you dont trade Gurley right?? Kamara is unreal but Ingram back that has to lower him a bit.

What yall think?

Gurley is definitely off limits especially with how well that offense is running. I have him and someone wanted to do a similar swap where I got Kamara + for him but flat out said he wasn't available and ended up doing a Kamara+ for McCaffrey+ deal instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad