2018 Season Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Trade value question.

I'm relatively stacked at RB with Kamara, Melvin, Devonta Freeman, Carson, Aaron Jones and Hines (who I might drop).

I'm looking to try and package Lockett + one of Freeman/Carson/Jones for a WR upgrade.

My league suuuuuucks at trading, but who's a realistic target? I'm aiming for Keenan Allen. Too ambitious?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Trade value question.

I'm relatively stacked at RB with Kamara, Melvin, Devonta Freeman, Carson, Aaron Jones and Hines (who I might drop).

I'm looking to try and package Lockett + one of Freeman/Carson/Jones for a WR upgrade.

My league suuuuuucks at trading, but who's a realistic target? I'm aiming for Keenan Allen. Too ambitious?

Probably a little ambitious, but more power to you if you can swing it.

There's a guy in my league treating Lockett like a WR1, so there's people out there that will look at his TD rate and jump all over him.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
So I swapped Lamar Miller and Nelson Agholor for Tyler Boyd and Geronimo Allison.

I really (REALLY) needed WR help in one of my leagues and am extremely deep at RB (by sheer numbers anyways). With AB and Jordy Nelson on bye this week I kinda had to pull the trigger on something to fill out a valid lineup.

Before

QB: Jameis Winston
WR: Antonio Brown, Jordy Nelson, Nelson Agholor
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Mark Ingram, Alex Collins, Corey Clement, Aaron Jones, Kerryon Johnson, Lamar Miller
TE: George Kittle, Cameron Brate

After

WR: Antonio Brown, Tyler Boyd, Jordy Nelson, Geronimo Allison
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Mark Ingram, Alex Collins, Corey Clement, Aaron Jones, Kerryon Johnson

Obviously it's gonna depend on Boyd keeping up his current level of play, but considering I had my hands tied I like what I ended up with. I'm still looking to move another RB for a WR though, as I'm not 100% sold on Jordy or Geronimo moving forward.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
So I swapped Lamar Miller and Nelson Agholor for Tyler Boyd and Geronimo Allison.

I really (REALLY) needed WR help in one of my leagues and am extremely deep at RB (by sheer numbers anyways). With AB and Jordy Nelson on bye this week I kinda had to pull the trigger on something to fill out a valid lineup.

Before

RB: Christian McCaffrey, Mark Ingram, Alex Collins, Corey Clement, Aaron Jones, Kerryon Johnson, Lamar Miller

After

RB: Christian McCaffrey, Mark Ingram, Alex Collins, Corey Clement, Aaron Jones, Kerryon Johnson

Obviously it's gonna depend on Boyd keeping up his current level of play, but considering I had my hands tied I like what I ended up with. I'm still looking to move another RB for a WR though, as I'm not 100% sold on Jordy or Geronimo moving forward.

I love it. Boyd has a beauty schedule coming up.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
I am being offered AJ Green for Sony Michel. Would you make this trade?

My roster:

cf9c77435ab20586c165b9a940d4141d.png

2e168d330da3ee1a757b5476e676556a.png

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

Before

After

That's a great swap, man.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I am being offered AJ Green for Sony Michel. Would you make this trade?

Given the rest of your roster and your depth at RB this wouldn't be a bad move. It's a fair trade overall, not really something that I would jump right on or something I would avoid. It's kind of a toss-up.

Reactions: OilerPensfan97

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Kind of an aside, but my go-to whenever I think a trade is fair is you go to your matchup with the trade partner (if you haven't played yet) and see if any of the players involved have byes. It's a huge advantage or disadvantage for those weeks, and most people in the league don't even look at it.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Given the rest of your roster and your depth at RB this wouldn't be a bad move. It's a fair trade overall, not really something that I would jump right on or something I would avoid. It's kind of a toss-up.

I think you're right about that. I took the deal. Michel is pretty much a guaranteed RB2 minimum the rest of the way, but I'm not loving his matchups ROS. Likewise, Green has some juicy ones coming up. The bye could be a bit of a concern (mainly week 9), but think I can swing it with another pickup or trade.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Kind of an aside, but my go-to whenever I think a trade is fair is you go to your matchup with the trade partner (if you haven't played yet) and see if any of the players involved have byes. It's a huge advantage or disadvantage for those weeks, and most people in the league don't even look at it.
Yes, that's a great way to evaluate trades. I've actually done this in the past, offering a trade knowing that the good player I'm giving up won't be playing against me. It's a solid tactic, and like you said, something that many people don't look at.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
A guy in my league wants Winston. He has Coleman, Brieda, & J White as RB he might consider trading. Who is the best one to ask for?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
A guy in my league wants Winston. He has Coleman, Brieda, & J White as RB he might consider trading. Who is the best one to ask for?

I think it's probably White in PPR or Coleman in standard. Either are fine for Winston, as long as you have another QB.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Got offered Amari Cooper for Funchess... while Cooper may have the higher ceiling, Funchess has the higher floor. Since either guy will be a flex play, I should go for the guy with the higher floor (Funchess) right?

Plus there's rumors of Cooper being traded. And he's hurt. This just seems like a bad time for a Cooper trade

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I play in a 1-player keeper league. Kamara has been my keeper.

Guy with a 1-5 team wants to make a splash for a keeper RB and he's offering me Antonio Brown + Ingram for Kamara.

I'm 5-1 and in 1st place.

My roster:

Cam

Kamara, Melvin, Carson, A Jones, Hines

Diggs, Golladay, Lockett, Kirk

Gronk

I could make Melvin my keeper for next year.

Edit: where the player was drafted the year before is the pick you lose in the next draft. Melvin = 1st. Kamara being a 2nd year keeper would also = 1st round pick.

So either way, I'm losing a 1st next year

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad