2018 Season Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Got offered Amari Cooper for Funchess... while Cooper may have the higher ceiling, Funchess has the higher floor. Since either guy will be a flex play, I should go for the guy with the higher floor (Funchess) right?

Plus there's rumors of Cooper being traded. And he's hurt. This just seems like a bad time for a Cooper trade

Keep Funchess

I play in a 1-player keeper league. Kamara has been my keeper.

Guy with a 1-5 team wants to make a splash for a keeper RB and he's offering me Antonio Brown + Ingram for Kamara.

I'm 5-1 and in 1st place.

My roster:

Cam

Kamara, Melvin, Carson, A Jones, Hines

Diggs, Golladay, Lockett, Kirk

Gronk

I could make Melvin my keeper for next year.

Edit: where the player was drafted the year before is the pick you lose in the next draft. Melvin = 1st. Kamara being a 2nd year keeper would also = 1st round pick.

So either way, I'm losing a 1st next year

I'd do it and cut Hines.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Was offered Brady for Budda Baker. Baker is the #1 ranked DB in our league and 64th overall. My current QB is Newton, so one of them would become just pure insurance. Should I take it on pure value, or is it better to just keep the best DB since I have Newton?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Was offered Brady for Budda Baker. Baker is the #1 ranked DB in our league and 64th overall. My current QB is Newton, so one of them would become just pure insurance. Should I take it on pure value, or is it better to just keep the best DB since I have Newton?

Do you think you'd be able to flip Brady for someone else if you took it? Newton already had his bye week.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Do you think you'd be able to flip Brady for someone else if you took it? Newton already had his bye week.

Doubt it, not many trade in the league. The only upside in the trade is injury insurance or streaming them for preferred matchups, which is why I'm conflicted on it.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.

Guy with a 1-5 team wants to make a splash for a keeper RB and he's offering me Antonio Brown + Ingram for Kamara.

I'm 5-1 and in 1st place.

My roster:

Cam

Kamara, Melvin, Carson, A Jones, Hines

Diggs, Golladay, Lockett, Kirk

Gronk

Edit: where the player was drafted the year before is the pick you lose in the next draft. Melvin = 1st. Kamara being a 2nd year keeper would also = 1st round pick.

Ya I love that deal for you. Take a shot at winning this year and your keeper doesn't get any worse for next year. I'd do that and never look back.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

I hope you took this trade already. Absolutely Awesome value. Ingram and Kamara are likely to share much of the load through the rest of the season. I value Kamara a little more, but it's not a blow-out. NO will be doing a 1A/1B type of deal. You're basically dropping off a little bit at RB, but you're adding an insane amount of value in getting AB.

Also, did Kamara go un-drafted in your league in the 2016-17 season? I drafted him in the 14th round last season because I thought he had an interesting name and had seen him on a "Rookie sleeper" list. Got him as my 13th round (130th overall) pick and I'll be keeping him for pretty much his entire career now, lol.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
holy **** dalvin cook has been ruled out for sunday once again

what a waste of a first rounder. just put him on IR already

and i've got no one worth dropping either so it looks like i'll be playing without a RB this week. and he's not the only one i have that looks like they may miss this week

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

I ended up getting Brady, James White, and Bradley McDougald for Collins, McCoy, and Baker.

It's a .5 PPR, so White gives me a solid upgrade over Collins and McCoy, and he'll have consistent touches. Brady/Newton gives me insurance in case one of them gets hurt. Barkley, Breida, and Mack were my other RB's. McCoy was a waiver pickup, so just found money there.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm a big Nick Chubb fan in fantasy. Probably will be used similar to Jordan Howard, though I do think Chubb has the ability to catch if given a chance. I think he's going to be a great RB2 in fantasy the rest of the way.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This week, sorry. I'll actually expand on it though.

1 RB 1 Flex, non PPR

Powell, Chubb, Edleman, Gabriel. Not sure if that changes anything .

Roll with Chubb, but keep an eye out for any gameplan info. Even if they plan on Johnson getting more touches, it will be in the form of throws, not carries. Chubb should get 15 carries at a minimum.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Damn. I have Lynch.. Looks like I'll need to pick up someone.

Top RB available (According to rankings)
Frank Gore
Kyle Juszczyk
Nick Chubb
Raheem Mostert

Any of those worth picking up.. or any sleepers I should maybe pick up?

My current RB lineup without Lynch is
Todd Gurley
Kerryon Johnson
Nyheim Hines

I'm also weak on WR also and I think Gurley can carry me at the RB position. Was thinking of maybe picking up another WR

Top WR available (According to tankings)
Mohamed Sanu
Willie Snead
Albert Wilson
Antonio Callaway

My Current WR lineup
Stefon Diggs
John Brown
Michael Crabtree
Geronimo Allison
Doug Baldwin

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Damn. I have Lynch.. Looks like I'll need to pick up someone.

Top RB available (According to rankings)
Frank Gore
Kyle Juszczyk
Nick Chubb
Raheem Mostert

Any of those worth picking up.. or any sleepers I should maybe pick up?

My current RB lineup without Lynch is
Todd Gurley
Kerryon Johnson
Nyheim Hines

I'm also weak on WR also and I think Gurley can carry me at the RB position. Was thinking of maybe picking up another WR

Top WR available (According to tankings)
Mohamed Sanu
Willie Snead
Albert Wilson
Antonio Callaway

My Current WR lineup
Stefon Diggs
John Brown
Michael Crabtree
Geronimo Allison
Doug Baldwin
Get Chubb now, he's the starter now that Hyde is gone. He'll be a good RB2 the rest of the way IMO. I think you are fine at receiver, no need for any of the available guys.

Reactions: m9

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
any of these guys worth a waiver wire pickup for this week?

trequan smith, cam meredith, kearse, robby anderson, amendola

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
any of these guys worth a waiver wire pickup for this week?

trequan smith, cam meredith, kearse, robby anderson, amendola

Smith should be in like for a lot more work with Ginn on IR. Not sure he'll have games like he did last time out but his targets should increase for sure. Kearse also should have more targets now that Enunwa is out. I would go with either of those but lean Smith because of who his QB is.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I picked up Chubb and dropped Amari Cooper, is that a good decision? 8 team 1 point ppr.

Current RB
McCaffrey
Michel
Brieda
Chubb
Fournette
Bell

WR
Thielen
Edelman
Ridley
A. Wilson
Fuller

habsjosh2k2

Sep 28, 2006
Need some advice in 14 team half pt PPR league.

I was offered Antonio Brown for Kareem Hunt. I believe Brown is the better asset but because im in a 14 team league, RBs are much more valuable to have. This is my current situation at WR and RB (which was given a nice kick today since I had Nick Chubb stashed)

WR-Davante Adams
WR-Sammy Watkins
BN-Willie Snead

RB-Kareem Hunt
RB-James White
Flex-Nick Chubb
Bn-Alex Collins

What do you guys think, should i make the trade? I'm really torn on this.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
The Hyde news is obviously a huge boost to Chubb's value, but does Chubb even end up being more productive than Duke ROS (in PPR)? That's the million dollar question for me.

Slight sidenote, but for those in FAAB leagues, what percentage of your budget would you spend on Chubb? Probably unlikely that a better free agent becomes available, but at the same time are we just looking at a first/second down RB on a bad offense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad