2018 Sabres' Prospect Challenge - September 7-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
I’m really dissapointed they are only streaming to the buffalo area. I’ve been looking forward to this day for so long. I still have a little hope they change their tune last minute like they have in the past.

Reactions: 26CornerBlitz

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
I’m really dissapointed they are only streaming to the buffalo area. I’ve been looking forward to this day for so long. I still have a little hope they change their tune last minute like they have in the past.
Today has been a rollercoaster of emotions for me regarding this game. I picked up some extra hours and have to work till 4, then I read the game was at 3:30 so I was pretty bummed. Then found out that was the Pitts/Boston game and was psyched to hear that our game is actually at 7. Now this news about the local stream bullshit...

So annoying.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
So the Sabres can stream the French Connection Tourney from prospects camp but not this? I am having a hard time understanding the logic.

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
I'm at the Traverse City tournament and first up is the Blues vs. Canes, so I'll be sure to let everyone know how great Thomas and Kyrou are. :laugh:

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
So with a VPN will I be able to get around this restriction and watch the game? I've been thinking of using a VPN for awhile now to avoid blackouts on NHL.tv when the Sabres play Toronto, Montreal or games appear on NBCSn. I am just not entirely sure how they work or what they exactly do.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Nylander looking to make most of opportunity at Prospects Challenge

For young players looking to make an impression at training camp with the Buffalo Sabres, the Prospects Challenge serves as a springboard. It's a chance to shake off the rust against top prospects from three organizations, an advantage their veteran counterparts won't have when camp opens next week.

Nobody knows the importance of this weekend better than Alex Nylander. Nylander arrived in Buffalo at this time last year bigger and stronger than he had been in the spring, his sights set on securing an NHL roster spot as a second-year pro. His development stood out during a practice with his fellow prospects.

Things changed quickly when it was announced that Nylander would miss the entirety of the Prospects Challenge with a lower-body injury. The severity of the injury snowballed, first forcing him to miss the entirety of training camp and then the first month and a half of his season in Rochester.

Needless to say, Nylander is grateful that he'll be in the lineup for the Sabres when they open the Prospects Challenge against the New Jersey Devils on Friday night.

Projected Lineup

41 Victor Olofsson - 37 Casey Mittelstadt - 72 Tage Thompson
92 Alex Nylander - 74 Rasmus Asplund - 52 Andrew Oglevie
73 Matej Pekar - 86 Kevin Hancock - 79 Cole Coskey
76 Pascal Aquin - 78 Myles Powell - 46 Eric Cornel

26 Rasmus Dahlin - 33 William Borgen
44 Brandon Hickey - 58 Oskari Laaksonen
24 Lawrence Pilut - 84 Nicholas Welsh

34 Jonas Johansson
1 Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
hey guys i think there's a workaround to the geoblock of the Buffalo area. At least this worked in years prior for me. When you go to the sabres nhl.com page when the game starts, you can sniff out the streaming file on the backend, which is always a .m3u8 and than you open that file in VLC by doing 'Open Network Stream' option.

Chrome/Firefox has a utility built into the browser that lets you do this rather easily. check this video out. I am outside the Buffalo market and am dying to see Dahlin so I will certainly be trying this, hopefully successfully.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
So with a VPN will I be able to get around this restriction and watch the game? I've been thinking of using a VPN for awhile now to avoid blackouts on NHL.tv when the Sabres play Toronto, Montreal or games appear on NBCSn. I am just not entirely sure how they work or what they exactly do.

In theory you can use VPN around it, though I'm not quite sure how they plan on blocking it outside of a IP-based geolocation service. If that's what they're doing you'd have to find a VPN that has an actual Buffalo server to use as your end point. And it has to be configured properly so that it shows the endpoint IP as in Buffalo to the geo location or whatever they intend on using (I've seen VPN endpoints setup & work properly but not always fool geolocation services).

Not sure if I'll be able to watch the scrimmage but if I'm online I'll swap through a few VPN endpoints and see if I can figure out what would actually work.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017

Unsure about the stream tonight, but I was interested about using a VPN to get around the local blackouts on NHL.tv for Sabres games. I found this on reddit and decided to stick to streaming (read under the blackouts section in the OP):

Reactions: Sabre the Win

Baccus

Feb 18, 2014
Unsure about the stream tonight, but I was interested about using a VPN to get around the local blackouts on NHL.tv for Sabres games. I found this on reddit and decided to stick to streaming (read under the blackouts section in the OP)

Just an FYI, but that's an old rant/explanation from a couple years ago or so when the NHL switched to MLBAM in the middle of the season which went as smoothly as you'd expect.

VPN's work, I've used the same one for years, I've heard of no such banning/scanning for them. But yes, it's a work around on the blackout rules so they could always do something about it in theory.

Reactions: darcyRegier

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
I'm a transplant living in Itggaca now, which I believe is still considered the Buffalo market as I've never been blacked out. Dan anyone confirm Ithaca is in the Buffalo market?

Baccus

Feb 18, 2014

Take that for what it's worth with MSG view area, especially since he used an @MSG which does not appear to be related to the actual MSG at all.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I just got NordVPN and they have at least 10 servers in Buffalo. I will let you know if it works if not I can get my money back.

Reactions: debaser66

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Center ice Seats.

Watching especially all the guys who are close in terms of making it. (Nylander, Thompson, olofsson, pilut)

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Thx Sabres for just streaming local good job really a way for expanding your fanbase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad