2018 Sabres' Prospect Challenge - September 7-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Bruins Announce 2018 Offseason Critical Dates & Preseason Schedule

Looks like Boston, Pittsburgh, and New Jersey will participate based on the link to the Bruins' Preseason Schedule that shows the following:

Friday, September 7 (HarborCenter, Buffalo, NY)
-Prospects Challenge Rookie Game vs. Pittsburgh Penguins, 3:30 p.m.

Saturday, September 8 (HarborCenter, Buffalo, NY)
-Prospects Challenge Rookie Game vs. Buffalo Sabres, 7 p.m.

Sunday, September 9 (HarborCenter, Buffalo, NY)
-Practice, 12:30 p.m.

Monday, September 10
-Prospects Challenge Rookie Game vs. New Jersey Devils, 9:30 a.m. (HarborCenter, Buffalo, NY)

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Figured Boston, Pittsburgh and New Jersey would be the other three teams.

So the other two Sabres games will probably be Friday, September 7 vs New Jersey - 7:00 pm ET and Monday, September 10 vs Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:00 pm ET.

The Pittsburgh-New Jersey game will probably be Saturday, September 8 - 3:30 pm ET.

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Looks like Boston, Pittsburgh, and New Jersey will participate based on the link to the Bruins' Preseason Schedule that shows the following:

Monday, September 10
-Prospects Challenge Rookie Game vs. New Jersey Devils, 9:30 a.m. (HarborCenter, Buffalo, NY)

Hey guys how do you get tickets?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
TICKETS ON SALE FOR FOURTH ANNUAL PROSPECTS CHALLENGE

BUFFALO, N.Y. (July 31, 2018) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced tickets are on sale for the team’s annual Prospects Challengefrom Sept. 7 to 10 at Harborcenter.

The Sabres will be joined by the Boston Bruins, New Jersey Devils and Pittsburgh Penguins to compete in a round-robin challenge featuring prospects from each team. The participating teams will each play three games during the course of the event, which will be held entirely at Harborcenter.

Tickets for the games are $10 and are available for purchase in person at the KeyBank Center Box Office, by phone at 1-888-223-6000 or online at Sabres.com.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Should I just go ahead and assume now that this won’t be streamed, or is there a shred of hope for us out of towners?

I can’t remember the last time I was this excited for an entire team of prospects instead of just a few guys or a line. Probably never.

LetsDoughBuffalo

Apr 4, 2014
I've never gone to this before. I had planned on doing a weekend trip out to Traverse when the team was still playing up there, but then they decided to hold their own mini-tournament here.

For anybody who's attended these past few years - do the games typically sell out? Specifically that Saturday night game against Boston?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
I've never gone to this before. I had planned on doing a weekend trip out to Traverse when the team was still playing up there, but then they decided to hold their own mini-tournament here.

For anybody who's attended these past few years - do the games typically sell out? Specifically that Saturday night game against Boston?

HarborCenter capacity is not that large and I say you should grab tickets as soon as possible with Dahlin playing.

Reactions: DatGuy

LetsDoughBuffalo

Apr 4, 2014
HarborCenter capacity is not that large and I say you should grab tickets as soon as possible with Dahlin playing.

Okay thanks; got em!

Dahlin, Mittelstadt, Asplund, Nylander, Olofsson, Oglevie, Malone, Pu, Thompson, Guhle, Borgen, Pilut, Hickey

Sign me up!

Does anybody know eligibility rules? I wonder if Thompson is still okay to play in this? Does it go by age, pro games, NHL games?

Sucks that the NCAA and European league players won't be around but it still seems like a pretty fun cast!

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Going to this. Will likely be the best prospect team we field for quite a while

After seeing the havoc it wreaked on Nylander's season last year, and the fact that Dahlin and Mitts are all but assured NHL roster spots, I wonder if those two even play in the tournament. (I think they will play, because Buffalo fans would mutiny if they kept Dahlin down for his first show in Buffalo.)

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
Smart man, there should be WAY more hype around Dahlin then Eichel ever got. However; I don't know if the casual fan realizes how special Dahlin is.

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
I've seen more Frolunda Dahlin jerseys around Rochester than Eichel BU jerseys.
Good to hear.

I remember at Jack's Prospect's Challenge they played all the Sabres Games at Keybank (First Niagara back then????) because the Harbor Center could not support the crowds. Also they didn't stream the games, if memory serves correctly.

I hope they Stream the games this year. If Fans are going to attend the games than they are going to go. No one is going to NOT go because they find out the game is streaming. Watching it online is a backup plan. No one is going to say "Oh the game isn't streaming, I have to get down there!" those fans are just going to come on this board to complain. :laugh:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Good to hear.

I remember at Jack's Prospect's Challenge they played all the Sabres Games at Keybank (First Niagara back then????) because the Harbor Center could not support the crowds. Also they didn't stream the games, if memory serves correctly.

I hope they Stream the games this year. If Fans are going to attend the games than they are going to go. No one is going to NOT go because they find out the game is streaming. Watching it online is a backup plan. No one is going to say "Oh the game isn't streaming, I have to get down there!" those fans are just going to come on this board to complain. :laugh:

Also, to not stream is to ignore the Buffalo fan diaspora. There are tons of Sabres fans who simply can't get there, but would like a chance to see the prospects play.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Also, to not stream is to ignore the Buffalo fan diaspora. There are tons of Sabres fans who simply can't get there, but would like a chance to see the prospects play.

I remember them streaming last year, and they streamed this year's French Connection tournament. I'd still like to attend this but I imagine they do stream.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Monday, September 10

Ive tried the number and the website and can’t buy tickets. Has anyone had any luck? Thanks in advance. There mus t be a number to call.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Ive tried the number and the website and can’t buy tickets. Has anyone had any luck? Thanks in advance. There mus t be a number to call.

Tickets for the games are $10 and are available for purchase in person at the KeyBank Center Box Office, by phone at 1-888-223-6000 or online at Sabres.com.

labbatt

Feb 27, 2014
Sorry if this has already been said and answered, but is there any news on the prospect challenge roster?
It's a week away no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->