2018 Sabres' Prospect Challenge - September 7-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
A bit disappointing how well the team played without dahlin. This is a different team with him out of the lineup. He's got to figure things out before the season starts or he'll find himself in the rochester, if not lower.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
A bit disappointing how well the team played without dahlin. This is a different team with him out of the lineup. He's got to figure things out before the season starts or he'll find himself in the rochester, if not lower.

still looking for the sarcasm emote

Reactions: BackGroundMusic

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
I hope Nylander continues to make some posters eat crow.

What a showing this weekend.
I’m not trying to take anything away from him, but his struggles come when he plays bigger and stronger opponents and when the game is more structured and there’s not as much chaos on the ice. He doesn’t get the time or openings to make a difference.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

someone was bound to wear this crown

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I’m not trying to take anything away from him, but his struggles come when he plays bigger and stronger opponents and when the game is more structured and there’s not as much chaos on the ice. He doesn’t get the time or openings to make a difference.
His struggles seemed to be due to injury I thought. Let's see how he plays with better players around him this season. He looks big, he fights along the boards and has good hockey IQ. The year before I would chalk it up to being 18 and playing in the AHL.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
His struggles seemed to be due to injury I thought. Let's see how he plays with better players around him this season. He looks big, he fights along the boards and has good hockey IQ. The year before I would chalk it up to being 18 and playing in the AHL.
His struggles have nothing to do with injury. That comes from people just looking to excuse or justify his poor play.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
I hope Mittelstadt and Nylander get a chance to continue building this chemistry they seem to have together this season

in rochester

:D

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
His struggles have nothing to do with injury. That comes from people just looking to excuse or justify his poor play.
He was held out of the Prospects Game because of nagging injury lingering from the season.

His struggles people paint were non existent in this Tournament.

Some would say he is absolutely getting better with age.

Reactions: Dingo44

Slangston

Buffalo Sabres
Apr 3, 2003
Western New York
This reads simply as an teenager adjusting to the pro style game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pondslider

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Measured expectations given the quality of play, sure, but Nylander turning into a middle six player would be really nice, given the disappointment so far.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Mhmm. His coach said different so I guess he's excusing him. It's so easy to be negative man you should try getting excited sometimes!

Reactions: Dingo44

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Or the most likely answer, it's a little bit of both. There's a lot that has to do with him as a player with his confidence, with his effort (which might be attributed of afraid of going into the corners because he might feel like his body can take the punishment), but the injuries last year impacted his game last year for sure.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016

:sarcasm:

i hope

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
You have every right to say this if this season he still struggles the same. Until then you can't compare this years Nylander to last years Nylander because this years Nylander has grown from last years Nylander unless you think he peaked and has stagnated.

Abraham de Lacy

Loop-sided to be sure. PIT had given up .. the game did not matter and only then .. when everything works and goals keep trickling in .. then everyone is a hero.

Some people sail very boldly when the weather is favorable but cower at shore when the weather is rough.

But the bold sailing was nice. PIT at this point were thinking about texts to girlfriends and food.

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
Man, what was Pittsburgh thinking sending a lineup like that.

Only one guy drafted in round 2, one in round 4 and rest either round 5-7 or undrafted. Five of the six D-men were Round 6 or lower. Hard to evaluate the Sabres top prospects playing against that level of competition.

Reactions: Chainshot and jc17

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
You have every right to say this if this season he still struggles the same. Until then you can't compare this years Nylander to last years Nylander because this years Nylander has grown from last years Nylander unless you think he peaked and has stagnated.
I’m going in with an open mind this season. I’m cautioning getting too excited from a game against a team that was probably ECHL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad