2018 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
Have not fully checked the picks involved with the Karlsson Trade.

But Edler to Sj at the deadline for Roy+2nd or 3rd would be decent.

Vlasic-Burns
Edler-Karlsson

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
The question becomes, would you have made the Karlsson trade from a Canucks perspective with comparable pieces even if you risk him leaving next summer?

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
The question becomes, would you have made the Karlsson trade from a Canucks perspective with comparable pieces even if you risk him leaving next summer?

Would on two conditions. That the first is changed to a second. or all picks basically go back a round as our first will be a lot higher then the SJ one, and with no clause about trading him east, as I would be looking to flip him for a quality return instead of quantity.

Really it would help our logjam too to get rid of say Beartschi and Pouliot Gadjovich Lockwood? Don't know the exact comparables.

Reactions: cookiefest

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco

I would not trade the Canucks 2020 first round pick. But yeah, Canuck analogs for all those Sharks players are easily moveable. Like, Baertschi/Hutton/Juolevi/Gadjovich, or something? Easily.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Personally it would be tempting even with the risk of him walking next summer, the picks might be the part that would kill it. Karlsson would easily be the best defensemen the Canucks have ever had though.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
I'm disappointed. Canuck fail, IMO. Karlsson the rental was expensive but Aquilini could whip out a handkerchief and write a sweetheart deal on it. I do not think re-signing would be an obstacle if he came here. That's why he would come here.

He is a slightly built, slowish Swede. That's the Canuck's brand, no? He should be good for forty to sixty Canuck games, like Tanev. It's costly on a per game basis but it solves so many problems!

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I'm disappointed. Canuck fail, IMO. Karlsson the rental was expensive but Aquilini could whip out a handkerchief and write a sweetheart deal on it. I do not think re-signing would be an obstacle if he came here. That's why he would come here.

A) he reportedly wouldn't sign with a Canadian team, possibly would not sign with any team as part of the trade.

B) you can be sure if an extension could be agreed upon the price would have been a hell of a lot higher.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Jake Allen might be battling an injury apparently. I wonder if St. Louis is a team you call about to see if they’re interested in Nilsson if Allen isn’t healthy for the start of the season.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Jake Allen might be battling an injury apparently. I wonder if St. Louis is a team you call about to see if they’re interested in Nilsson if Allen isn’t healthy for the start of the season.

If Carter Hutton starts to falter, I'd look at moving Markstrom for the right price. They are in their window and Markstrom fits there. Thomas is obviously way off limits, but if we could get any of Bokk, Kyrou, Fabbri, Dunn, or Kostin back that would be worth it.

Reactions: cookiefest

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
If Carter Hutton starts to falter, I'd look at moving Markstrom for the right price. They are in their window and Markstrom fits there. Thomas is obviously way off limits, but if we could get any of Bokk, Kyrou, Fabbri, Dunn, or Kostin back that would be worth it.

Yeah I'd definitely explore that. Although the goalie market is always kind of wacky and the Blues always seem to conscious of balancing the present and the future equally so I don't know about the chances of the Canucks getting their hands on any of the guys you mentioned.

Also Hutton is in Buffalo now, their other goalie is Chad Johnson now.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Have not fully checked the picks involved with the Karlsson Trade.

But Edler to Sj at the deadline for Roy+2nd or 3rd would be decent.

Vlasic-Burns
Edler-Karlsson

The Sharks would need to clear cap space.

Leaving aside @racerjoe's amendments to the deal to make it easier to flip him, the trade seems to be:

-one season of getting the Canucks near a playoff spot, probably 10th to 12th in the Western Confernce with a minor chance they'd make it to the playoffs for that one season

vs

-a bunch of young players and futures.

Imo it would make no sense whatsoever. There's nothing worthwhile to be gained and much to be lost.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
With Roussel injured, and Schaller on the mend, this may open the door for the following forwards to make the line-up out of camp:

Baertschi-Pettersson-Boeser
Goldobin-Horvat-Eriksson
Leipsic-Sutter-Virtanen
Granlund-Beagle-Gagner
Gaunce

Roussel*
Schaller*

That leaves 13 forwards and 8 Dmen.

Gives Benning time to find a trade partner rather than having to waive a forward outright.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
With Roussel injured, and Schaller on the mend, this may open the door for the following forwards to make the line-up out of camp:

Baertschi-Pettersson-Boeser
Goldobin-Horvat-Eriksson
Leipsic-Sutter-Virtanen
Granlund-Beagle-Gagner
Gaunce

Roussel*
Schaller*

That leaves 13 forwards and 8 Dmen.

Gives Benning time to find a trade partner rather than having to waive a forward outright.

I hope you are right, but that seems like you are giving him way too much credit....

MrBojangles

Mar 19, 2012
Honestly the forward group is deep.

The massive problem is D, and especially right shot D long term

They need to look at the waiver wire or trade market to add a piece back there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad