2018 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Murray, the Ducks GM said talks are going but nothing is imminent with Nick Ritchie. I wonder if there is room for trade talks here? Virtanen and Ritchie patrolling the wing would make other teams careful, no?

Reactions: Cogburn

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
A) he reportedly wouldn't sign with a Canadian team, possibly would not sign with any team as part of the trade.

B) you can be sure if an extension could be agreed upon the price would have been a hell of a lot higher.

I feel like trade rhetoric is unreliable. I usually discount it. It's the same with rumors. Mostly unreliable, in the end. Still, the reports seem accurate here. Bummer. I am guessing that the Canucks used the opportunity to chat up Karlsson, explaining their limitless cash abilities.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Murray, the Ducks GM said talks are going but nothing is imminent with Nick Ritchie. I wonder if there is room for trade talks here? Virtanen and Ritchie patrolling the wing would make other teams careful, no?

Doubt it. I reckon all unsigned RFAs will get deals done with their current teams.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

I've heard much worse ideas. If we could clear some clutter after said trade, I'd be happy to see the two on a line, with someone like Gaudette centering.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
The ducks?

I thought so, but I reckon it's close. Baertschi is the better offensive contributor right now, producing at a legit top six rate. He's also locked up for three years at a pretty reasonable cap hit.

Ritchie doesn't bring the level of production that Baertschi does, but he is three years younger and plays a much more physical game than Sven. He's also still holding out on signing an extension in Anaheim so there might be tiny but more incentive to move him if negotiations aren't going well.

What do you think Vancouver would need to add to a Baertschi for Ritchie swap in order to make it fair value?

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I thought so, but I reckon it's close. Baertschi is the better offensive contributor right now, producing at a legit top six rate. He's also locked up for three years at a pretty reasonable cap hit.

Ritchie doesn't bring the level of production that Baertschi does, but he is three years younger and plays a much more physical game than Sven. He's also still holding out on signing an extension in Anaheim so there might be tiny but more incentive to move him if negotiations aren't going well.

What do you think Vancouver would need to add to a Baertschi for Ritchie swap in order to make it fair value?

I mean, maybe.

Baertschi scores at a better "rate" but he never plays enough games for that to matter. I think the ducks would be better off giving Ritchie whatever he is asking for over taking baertschis contract which will be substantially more expensive.

Surely Ritchie isn't asking for 3.36M? Why not just pay him?

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Deep implies good. This is one of the worst forward groups in the league, has 1 ~1st line player.
Yepp one star in Boeser.Hopefully another in EP.Bo is a great 2nd line center playing a first line role as we dont have anything better then him.Then the rest of the team is made up of 3rd and 4th liners on big time contracts...our defence sucks again this year ..with garbage goaltending..
It looks like another season of doom and gloom..hold onto your hats...

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
1. Trade Baertschi for McCann (underrated by dinosaurs in Florida, great numbers when you factor in his deployment)
2. Play Goldobin/Leipsic/Dahlen as long as possible in the top 9 praying that one of them can make it, especially Goldobin/Leipsic learning to in their own zone
3. Finish 30th because lol top 9 LW
4. Hughes

Idk if McCann can play the wing but I'd like to see
Dahlen (probably) - Horvat - Boeser
Goldobin - Pettersson - McCann
Leipsic - Sutter - Virtanen
Eriksson - Beagle - Roussell
Gaunce

Leipsic doesn't deserve to be on that 3rd line or anywhere in the top 6, but that 3rd line has some speed and both Sutter and Virtanen are fine defensively. Leipsic also seems like a solo player much like Sutter does so f*** it. Eriksson is a fine 2/3 LW, the only issue with him is his inflated contract, but I really don't like the idea of dumping one of Goldobin/Leipsic because I think either one can be a solid 2 LW if they can just learn to play some f***ing defence. Goldobin looks like he tries IMO but doesn't get it, and Leipsic looks downright lazy in his own zone.

I think if playing in their own zone just clicked for either one of them they would be a solid player, and I have no problem playing both of them to see if they can improve since it's not like we want to be pushing for the playoffs anyway. The value of sucking and developing these players is higher than the value of anything they could possibly return and moving Eriksson up the lineup.

I prefer Gaunce in the lineup because I really like him, but realistically who is this team going to bench to get him out there? We'll have injuries anyway and I have no problem giving some of our players a night off here and there to rest or whatever.

Last edited:

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Yepp one star in Boeser.Hopefully another in EP.Bo is a great 2nd line center playing a first line role as we dont have anything better then him.Then the rest of the team is made up of 3rd and 4th liners on big time contracts...our defence sucks again this year ..with garbage goaltending..
Horvat’s been producing at borderline 1st line numbers since 2 years ago, last year further proved he may be at the bottom of the 1st line centres in terms of point production, but he’s pretty clearly a 1st line player. At least if you would play a Bergeron on your 1st line, you’d play Horvat on the 1st line.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
Big problem with this team's future continues to be the defense core. Hughes helps that big time. Other than him I don't see a single player who's likely to be a top 4 D man. OJ's poor development and Tryamkin leaving really hurt.

We're gonna need some luck in free agency or some fast developing kids on the back end from last years draft, next year, and the year after that.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

We knew it was going to be a poor season, perhaps the worst in franchise history.

I don't think the goaltending is as bad as it's made out to be. I see Markstrom as a starter level goalie. He's just playing on a terrible squad (again).

Defense is a joke, agreed.

Horvat is edging closer to 1C territory than 2C territory. His defense is what holds him back. If he shores it up and keeps his scoring pace going...

Horvat’s been producing at borderline 1st line numbers since 2 years ago, last year further proved he may be at the bottom of the 1st line centres in terms of point production, but he’s pretty clearly a 1st line player. At least if you would play a Bergeron on your 1st line, you’d play Horvat on the 1st line.

Horvat is not clearly a 1st line player, not yet. He has the offense, but lacks the defense. Once that gets better, then I think people will start classifying him as a legit 1C.

Bergeron and Horvat are completely different players. Bergeron is a 2way stalwart. Horvat might actually prove to be the better scorer/producer, but he's light years away in terms of defense.

Cquant

May 14, 2015
I've been wondering if there are any suitable landing spots for Gagner. Would Montreal be an option? They've been hurting for centers for so long, and now they've got Domi in the middle. This could give them an offensive option, even if he isn't ideal at all. They seem to be set in the bottom 6. But any injury to the top 6 and they don't really have any solutions.
We at least have Gaudette and possibly Granlund to push into that spot.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Few Proposals I was thinking about.

Considering RFA, and the fact that Anaheim has expressed big interest in Sutter, especially with Kesler our long term...

To Vancouver: Nick Ritchie

To Anaheim: Brandon Sutter+Brendan Gaunce

Also:

To Vegas: Michael Del Zotto+2nd 2020+Sam Gagner

To Vancouver: Shea Theodore .

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Goldobin-Pettersson-Eriksson
Ritchie-Gaudette-Virtanen
Roussel-Beagle-Leipsic
Granlund/Schaller

Edler-Gudbranson
Theodore-Tanev
Hutton-Stetcher
Pouliot/Biega

Thoughts? Probably not enough.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I've been wondering if there are any suitable landing spots for Gagner. Would Montreal be an option? They've been hurting for centers for so long, and now they've got Domi in the middle. This could give them an offensive option, even if he isn't ideal at all. They seem to be set in the bottom 6. But any injury to the top 6 and they don't really have any solutions.
We at least have Gaudette and possibly Granlund to push into that spot.
Especially with the French name I think they would be ;) I’d take a minor leaguer back even. Win-Win for both sides.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Few Proposals I was thinking about.

Considering RFA, and the fact that Anaheim has expressed big interest in Sutter, especially with Kesler our long term...

To Vancouver: Nick Ritchie

To Anaheim: Brandon Sutter+Brendan Gaunce

Also:

To Vegas: Michael Del Zotto+2nd 2020+Sam Gagner

To Vancouver: Shea Theodore .

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Goldobin-Pettersson-Eriksson
Ritchie-Gaudette-Virtanen
Roussel-Beagle-Leipsic
Granlund/Schaller

Edler-Gudbranson
Theodore-Tanev
Hutton-Stetcher
Pouliot/Biega

Thoughts? Probably not enough.
Not even close Id bet. Great trades for us, getting decent RFA year players for older long term overpaid players. Weirder things have happened I guess though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad