2018 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I realize Ryan Callahan has a NTC, but he also plays "the right way," so I wonder if Lindenning might back into a bad contract by accident and get a decent asset by trying to acquire this player. That's the only way we could hope they'd weaponize cap space, by complete accident.
Former captain, on a serious decline, and plays the right way. TBL would end up with extra assets from us

Reactions: dim jim and clay

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I realize Ryan Callahan has a NTC, but he also plays "the right way," so I wonder if Lindenning might back into a bad contract by accident and get a decent asset by trying to acquire this player. That's the only way we could hope they'd weaponize cap space, by complete accident.

If we didn't have beagle and co it would make sense.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks still have $23 million in cap space. Some kind of use will be made of this. There are still holes in the roster, to my eye.

Even if the roster is capable they do not have market shock to get ticket sales going. Benning will make some kind of move but it could be anything. Canucks dream coach may become available, for example. A star may demand a trade to Vancouver?

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Canucks still have $23 million in cap space. Some kind of use will be made of this. There are still holes in the roster, to my eye.

Even if the roster is capable they do not have market shock to get ticket sales going. Benning will make some kind of move but it could be anything. Canucks dream coach may become available, for example. A star may demand a trade to Vancouver?
May be a typo, but we have almost 13m cap space before Virtanen and Stechers upcoming contracts. Will get to use Dorsetts 2.65 after the season starts I believe

Reactions: JuniorNelson

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
May be a typo, but we have almost 13m cap space before Virtanen and Stechers upcoming contracts. Will get to use Dorsetts 2.65 after the season starts I believe

Yeah cap friendly shows just under 13 million with Virtanen and Stecher still to be signed.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

member 290103

I know he's from there so the contract is probably lower than it should be. But how do we sign Rousell at 4 years and 3M when Maroon gets a 1 year deal worth 1.75M. At least Maroon can play up and down the lineup. Benning's free agency just gets worse and worse...

Yes, that's shocking. To think that Benning could have simply paid out say, 2 years and 2Mper to Maroon and probably snagged him and instead paid out 4 years and $3M per to Rousell......good gawd.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

That would be wrong. All roster players chew up cap space, LTIR or not. Dorsett counts for the whole year, we only get to use his LTIR relief if we go over cap. This matters because it eats into the amount of spare capspace we have left over to pay bonuses. If you run out of space this year for bonuses they come out of next years cap. Given Boeser and Petterssen could hit decent bonuses it is worth leaving extra room on top of the team including Dorsett (roughly 3-5m).

Reactions: Dave Lister

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
That would be wrong. All roster players chew up cap space, LTIR or not. Dorsett counts for the whole year, we only get to use his LTIR relief if we go over cap. This matters because it eats into the amount of spare capspace we have left over to pay bonuses. If you run out of space this year for bonuses they come out of next years cap. Given Boeser and Petterssen could hit decent bonuses it is worth leaving extra room on top of the team including Dorsett (roughly 3-5m).

Lol at a team of this calibre having to worry about bonus overages.

Reactions: Son of Petter

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Yes, that's shocking. To think that Benning could have simply paid out say, 2 years and 2Mper to Maroon and probably snagged him and instead paid out 4 years and $3M per to Rousell......good gawd.

In this case it seems like Maroon specifically wanted to go to St. Louis. Getting the full NTC to make sure he stays there, so only a 1 year deal so it doesn't screw the Blues in a possible expansion draft.

Reactions: GoTeamDom

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Out of curiosity,

What would Jake Virtanen cost for the Bruins to acquire him in a trade?
His value is probably around a low 2nd round pick or early 3rd, but it would look bad on management to lose that much value by draft position so they'd be looking for a hockey trade. Just looking at your prospect depth but not really having a solid understanding I would say that Cehlarik is similar value, positionally we would probably be looking at a defenceman though, so maybe Lauzon or Lindgren? Virtanen might not have the upside that he was assumed to have at the draft, but he is still a bottom 6 NHLer who could become a highly effective 3rd line checker with tools to fill in throughout the lineup.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
His value is probably around a low 2nd round pick or early 3rd, but it would look bad on management to lose that much value by draft position so they'd be looking for a hockey trade. Just looking at your prospect depth but not really having a solid understanding I would say that Cehlarik is similar value, positionally we would probably be looking at a defenceman though, so maybe Lauzon or Lindgren? Virtanen might not have the upside that he was assumed to have at the draft, but he is still a bottom 6 NHLer who could become a highly effective 3rd line checker with tools to fill in throughout the lineup.

I was thinking a D prospect would make sense. Lauzon or Zboril would probably be about right. 2 guys who are right where they should be to develop into NHL caliber DMEN. Zboril I would say is probably closer.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Out of curiosity,

He's not going anywhere. Even if he doesn't develop more he's a fast hard hitting 3rd line winger who will be very valuable come playoff time. He's going to turn some heads this year anyway. He's going to surprise people this year.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Out of curiosity,

Not really interested in trading him at this time. I want to see what he can do with consistent linemates and ice time. He started to turn a corner at the end of last year. If we were to trade him to Boston it could end up being a Cam Neely 2.0 situation.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
He's not going anywhere. Even if he doesn't develop more he's a fast hard hitting 3rd line winger who will be very valuable come playoff time. He's going to turn some heads this year anyway. He's going to surprise people this year.
Would be a huge mistake trading Jake.And i dont wanna trade him anyways.Jake is going to have a good season count on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad