HF Habs: 2018 Rookie Camp (Sept. 6th-12th) + Rookie Showdown @ Place Bell (Sept. 7th-9th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Is it me or does Bitten look like he moves faster than he actually does? Amazing 3 first steps but it kind of ends there.

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
Liking Fleury & Brook but the rest of the D looks bad. This whole team seems off.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Stupid rule the hand pass when it’s obvious the puck was simply knocked down and not passed

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
maybe, but after Dahlin-Svechnikov, it was all up in the air. Zadina isn't going to be the franchise winger that Patty Kane is, for example, or like Svechnikov has the potential to become. Tkachuk is a safe bet for the NHL, but he could just as easily become a 3rd line mainstay instead (I see his ceiling on the 2nd line, he'll be a middle-six guy imo). Our only options were either Kotkaniemi or Hughes, imo, considering our needs (I know, don't draft on need in that spot, but depending on who you talk to, everything after 2nd was a crap shoot -- that was evident by the supposed lock for 3rd dropping to 6th).

Kotkaniemi may only become a 2nd line center, he may become a 1st. Just like Zadina may have only been a 2nd line winger, or Tkachuk a 3rd line player.

The way I see it, our glaring needs are: 1st line C, 2nd line C, top-pair LHD, 2nd pair LHD. So considering how all over the place the draft was in terms of rankings after 2nd overall, our option was to either take Kotkaniemi or Hughes imo. Kotkaniemi will answer at least one of those needs. Time will tell which it is.

The only thing I liked about this off-season was getting rid of Lefebrve and adding Ducharme and Bouchard to the organization.

Outside of 2 players every year (3 at best) it's all up in the air. That's why MB is paid millions and most of us are paid 30 000-80 000. It's not an excuse for not doing the job. People must stop with it's all fine if Kot doesn't become a 1st line center. It's not. He is a 3rd overall pick. If he doesn't become at least a "weak" 1st line center (at least as good as prime Koivu/Plekanec with a better size) then i hope it will be MB's last mistake.

BTW i'm not implying he will not blossom into a 1st line center in the next 3 or 4 years. Just saying the excuses must stop. Some people are already readying the excuses just in case it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad