HF Habs: 2018 Rookie Camp (Sept. 6th-12th) + Rookie Showdown @ Place Bell (Sept. 7th-9th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I hope you realize that each player has a floor and a ceiling, and that each time you draft a player with a limited ceiling, you shoot yourself in the foot. Vedjemo is a better version of De La Rose which isn't saying much, why are we spending picks on the guys?!

Hindsight is 20/20. JDLR and Vejdemo were seen as solid middle 6 guys, which is fine where they were picked. Why don't we hear your pick for the 2018 draft vs the Habs?

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I hope you realize that each player has a floor and a ceiling, and that each time you draft a player with a limited ceiling, you shoot yourself in the foot. Vedjemo is a better version of De La Rose which isn't saying much, why are we spending picks on these guys?!

Where was Vejdemo picked and who would you have picked instead of him?

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
Hindsight is 20/20. JDLR and Vejdemo were seen as solid middle 6 guys, which is fine where they were picked. Why don't we hear your pick for the 2018 draft vs the Habs?
JDLR: was seen as an athletic, defensively-responsible guy who MAY eventually develop an offensive touch... lack of upside.
Vedjemo: didn't know him, was a bad draft anyway.

In this rookie tournament most guys were 18-21. We had a ton of picks in a deep draft on 2018, but before that we've wasted a lot of picks on guys with limited potential. Did they think Lernout would develop offensive IQ out of the blue? Obviously love Fleury but who decided Scott Walford was a good idea? Everyone thought he was a 5-6.

Where was Vejdemo picked and who would you have picked instead of him?
What I'm saying is that too often we've drafted someone who clearly had no chance of being a top 6 F/top 4 D, and I don't know if you've noticed drafts have been stacked with talent recently in the NHL, NFL, and NBA. Same in 2019. Give yourself to opportunity to draft a Kaprizov in the later rounds, no more undersized 3rd line grinders.

Reactions: yianik

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
We have to stop making excuses for management drafting cupcakes and 4th line fringe players on AHL teams.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
JDLR: was seen as an athletic, defensively-responsible guy who MAY eventually develop an offensive touch... lack of upside.
Vedjemo: didn't know him, was a bad draft anyway.

In this rookie tournament most guys were 18-21. We had a ton of picks in a deep draft on 2018, but before that we've wasted a lot of picks on guys with limited potential. Did they think Lernout would develop offensive IQ out of the blue? Obviously love Fleury but who decided Scott Walford was a good idea? Everyone thought he was a 5-6.

What I'm saying is that too often we've drafted someone who clearly had no chance of being a top 6 F/top 4 D, and I don't know if you've noticed drafts have been stacked with talent recently in the NHL, NFL, and NBA. Same in 2019. Give yourself to opportunity to draft a Kaprizov in the later rounds, no more undersized 3rd line grinders.

ok M.hindsight 20/20.

JDLR was seen as having decent offensive potential as he had the 3rd best point U19 total behind Forsberg (D+1) and Alexander Wennberg.

Vejdemo was injured during his D year. In his D+1 year he was 1.4 PPG in the U20 swedish league.

Name me players who have top 6 fwd/ top 4d 100% potential in the 2018 draft since you have magical guessing powers. I think you have a lack of understanding that pick quality goes down the lower you draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad