HF Habs: 2018 Rookie Camp (Sept. 6th-12th) + Rookie Showdown @ Place Bell (Sept. 7th-9th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
:habs

MONTREAL CANADIENS ROOKIE CAMP ROSTER

Players on NHL ELC
Michael McNiven
Michal Moravcik
David Sklenicka
Jeremiah Addison
Alexandre Alain
Will Bitten
Jake Evans
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Michael Pezzetta
Hayden Verbeek
Lukas Vejdemo
Antoine Waked

Players on AHL/ECHL Contracts
Adam Plant
T.J. Melancon
Morgan Adams-Moisan
Phelix Martineau

Players Drafted But No Contract
Josh Brook (2017 2nd R'd Pick)
Cale Fleury (2017 3rd R'd Pick)
Jarrett Tyszka (2017 5th R'd Pick)
Scott Walford (2017 3rd R'd Pick)
Cole Fonstad (2018 5th R'd Pick)
Cameron Hillis (2018 3rd R'd Pick)
Samuel Houde (2018 5th R'd Pick)
Allan McShane (2018 4th R'd Pick)

Players Invited
Stephen Dhillon (G) : Stephen Dhillon at eliteprospects.com
Samuel Harvey (G) : Samuel Harvey at eliteprospects.com
Aleksi Anttalainen (LD) : Aleksi Anttalainen at eliteprospects.com
Brandon Hagel (LW) : Brandon Hagel at eliteprospects.com
Alex Katerinakis (RW) : Alexander Katerinakis at eliteprospects.com
Joel Teasdale (LW) : Joël Teasdale at eliteprospects.com

NCAA players: Ryan Poehling, Cayden Primeau, Jordan Harris, Brett Stapley, Nikolas Koberstein, and Jack Gorniak won't attend due to school starting.

Euro players: Jacob Olofsson, Jesse Ylonen, and Alexander Romanov won't attend due to their regular seasons in Europe either started or close to starting.

Joni Ikonen won't attend due to injury, but he probably wouldn't have attended anyways since he plays in Europe.

*Samuel Houde probably won't participate due to getting hurt at practice with Chicoutimi Saguenéens and will be out for a month.*

All Rookie Showdown games will be broadcast on RDS Info.

Friday, September 7th @ 7:30PM ET: Montreal Canadiens vs. Ottawa Senators
Saturday, September 8th @ 3PM ET: Ottawa Senators vs. Toronto Maple Leafs
Sunday, September 9th @ 3PM ET: Montreal Canadiens vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

Last edited by a moderator:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Roster could look something like this:

Fonstad - Kotkaniemi - McShane
Bitten - Evans - Hillis
Alain - Vejdemo - Verbeek
Addison- Pezzetta - Houde

Moravčík - Brook
Tyszka - Fleury
Walford - Sklenička

Mcniven

That forward group is a huge improvement over what we had last year:

Jeremiah Addison
Alexandre Alain
Daniel Audette
Will Bitten
Jordan Boucher
Thomas Ebbing
Maxime Fortier
Alexandre Goulet
James McEwen
Niki Petti
Michael Pezzetta
Martin Reway
Antoine Waked

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Televised?

No word on that yet. I doubt it will be televised. But I'm sure it will be streamed. Last year, the showdown was in Toronto and LeafsTV only streamed the Leafs rookies' games (against Montreal and Ottawa). They didn't stream the Montreal vs. Ottawa game (neither did Ottawa and Montreal). With the tournament taking place in Laval this year, I would really hope they do at least stream the two Montreal games.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pretty sure European and NCAA prospects will not be in attendance.

I think the only one there will be Kotkaniemi, seeing as it's already been confirmed that he will be at the main camp. So he'll surely be there for the rookie games.

With Euro leagues already under way and school having started for college players, they always miss these things.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
No word on that yet. I doubt it will be televised. But I'm sure it will be streamed. Last year, the showdown was in Toronto and LeafsTV only streamed the Leafs rookies' games (against Montreal and Ottawa). They didn't stream the Montreal vs. Ottawa game (neither did Ottawa and Montreal). With the tournament taking place in Laval this year, I would really hope they do at least stream the two Montreal games.
You would think. Especially with them trying to rebuild both Laval and the Habs. I really think they should focus more on Laval being a winning club this year than the Habs. Another good draft and they should be headed in the right direction. A couple free agents next year, and they could be competitive again.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Any reason why Cale Fleury has not been signed yet?

I am asking myself that question, too.

But, MAYBE, seeing the Habs being at 46 out of 50 NHL contracts right now (with the possibility of Depres being added should he impress enough at camp), they may want to give themselves some wiggle room should they add a player or make a trade (a trade that sends one contract out but brings two back). They still have Fleury's rights for another year. So maybe they're not in a rush yet.

Maybe they're waiting to see how he does at camp or the rookie showdown.

One big advantage they have with Fleury (because of his date of birth), they can sign him to a 3-Year ELC, but as long as he doesn't play more than 9 NHL games, his contract slides, even if he plays in AHL. It is the same loophole they used with Scherbak and Lernout. Basically, they get 4 years of pro hockey out of a 3-year contract.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
should be Evans, Bitten, Fleury, Vejdemo, Pezzetta, Alain, Verbeek, Waked, Addison, Bourque, McNiven, Brook, Tyszka, Walford, Plant, Melancon, Martineau, Moisan plus

Is Brook AHL age? Fleury, yes, but Brook? If so, that's great news.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is Brook AHL age? Fleury, yes, but Brook? If so, that's great news.

Brook and Fleury are both 19. But Brook isn't AHL-eligible, but Fleury is.

The reason is because for a player to be eligible to play AHL, they need to either be 20 (as of a certain date I keep forgetting) OR they need to have completed at least four seasons of Major Junior.

Brook is 19 and has played 3 seasons so he's not AHL eligible in either age or years of Major Junior played.
Fleury is 19 and has played 4 seasons so he's not AHL eligible in age, but he is eligible in years of Major Junior played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad