OT: 2018 Phillies: Part trey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I honestly think that how the team has handled hitting, pitching, road games and playing against bad clubs should immediately get Kapler fired. Jesus he's bad.

As much as i dislike Kapler, i think Doug showed me i'm willing to be patient with first year coaches/managers.

Hakstol showed me the exact opposite, so im lost.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I legit think we got lucky this year. Our starting pitching for the most part has helped us this season but when that doesn't, we know our offense won't help. The fact that Herrera went from .370 to about .260 and then Hoskins struggling on and off and then the sheer awfulness of our defense... everything would just die.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
kappler is good at spewing excuses and bs. team looks like they are happy collecting their paychecks.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Kapler has no talent to work with. Hoskins, who cant field his position and has disappeared for months on end, is his best player.
Outside of Quinn there's not a single plus defender on this roster.

Like I said before the Braves have two young players better than anything the Phils have.

The fact Kapler had this team in 1st with this roster is a miracle.
Phils shouldve backed up the brinks for Machado. Instead they give Santana three years to walk and not hit.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
the job they have done is indicated by the record the team has. manager, players and the front office are all responsible.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
The fact that we haven't won a series in over a month is a failure on both the players and the manager. I think it's way more on the manager especially for how bad some of the lineups were just to play certain people. The fact that Quinn was sat for Herrera for some of the games is pretty bad. Kapler's use of choice of pitchers has been pretty bad.

Also, I think we need a new pitching coach because f*** me do we have too many starters that can't go past 5 or 6 innings. Wasting pitches or throwing them down the middle. Speaking of throwing down the middle, it seems the Phillies can't hit these anymore either. Like the first game yesterday, Alfaro had two 92 MPH fastballs down the middle and swung and missed both. What is even the f***.

Honestly, I'd be okay if Kapler and the hitting and pitching coaches are gone. Shed a bunch of a shit players and try younger players. Get people who actually gives a shit about defense.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad