OT: 2018 Phillies: Part trey

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
from what i've heard the phils are looking at locking up both Nola and Hoskins but I don't know how strong that rumor is or if they are talking this off-season or perhaps next. But Nola is under team control so clearly they would lock him up before he gets close to that 3rd year imo.
I'm fairly confident they would try to do the same with Trout. The second they acquire him I would think they'd be working on his next deal. Now, I suppose if Trout or his agent said he is not re-signing in Philly then that would change my opinion, but there is no indication that he wouldn't. If you are worried about not re-signing Trout because he may want to test the market I would assume you are worried about Nola. If Nola is so valuable that you wouldn't trade him for the best player in baseball, it would stand to reason that he may be looking to cash in on the free agent market as would Trout.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I mean, I think I have made myself pretty clear that I don't really have a line for Trout. He's the best player in baseball about to enter his prime. Salary, control, etc. whatever the other factors are you would be considering in a deal for any other player don't really come in to play in my mind. I'm 100% certain the Angels would not make this trade for Nola straight up so there would be more added, and the more you add the less likely I would be to make the trade, but it would have to be a whole heck of a lot to dissuade me.

He may be and that's fine. But he ain't Mike Trout.
So you would trade Nola for 2.5 months of Trout. That is quite interesting.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
The problem with the Harper signing is that it's linked to the MLB The Show cover, they'll want that teased as long as they can. I'm sure that date is already decided upon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad