Votes: 3 8.6%
  • i'm telling del zotto

Votes: 32 91.4%

• Total voters

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Yo.. a PSA to all you mid-life crisis aged folks.

Get your check up done.
Go see your free doctor and get your free physical which may include a free blood test etc etc..

I got news in August that a cousin of mine dropped dead (pretty literally) from a heart attack.
35 yrs old.
Had two complete blockages. Also had a 1 yr old daughter.

Then news this morning another cousin died - heart attack as well... older - 50ish - but YOUNG AF for dying and leaving his family with 2 young daughters behind.

Wife auto-booked my appointment to the doctor this morning... going for a 12:15pm appointment...

But ****... just get checked out.
Forget what age you are; best to get at least an annual check-up with your family doc (if you don't have a GP - get one...). As you said, you can get something like a heart attack and not be > 40 years old.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Forget what age you are; best to get at least an annual check-up with your family doc (if you don't have a GP - get one...). As you said, you can get something like a heart attack and not be > 40 years old.

42. Definitely have a family doc... got the 3 kids to look after.
Got referrals for EKG, treadmill stress test, blood work... even gonna check the status of my liver... that could be embarrassing.
First real check up/physical non-injury related.

Just get checked out people.
Well worth the cost in Canada: $0.00 so far.

Reactions: PM and Hit the post

Hit the post

Oct 1, 2015
42. Definitely have a family doc... got the 3 kids to look after.
Got referrals for EKG, treadmill stress test, blood work... even gonna check the status of my liver... that could be embarrassing.
First real check up/physical non-injury related.

Just get checked out people.
Well worth the cost in Canada: $0.00 so far.
Former Canuck Curt Fraser didn't even realize he was a diabetic until well into his thirties I think. A simple blood test would've diagnosed that much earlier.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I'm not much of a gamer but I bought into tge hype on thus red dead redemption 2. Been playing for about an hour and I am so f***ing bored. When does it get good?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I'm not much of a gamer but I bought into tge hype on thus red dead redemption 2. Been playing for about an hour and I am so ****ing bored. When does it get good?
There addictive MBM, be careful is my advise and quit well your ahead

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Yo.. a PSA to all you mid-life crisis aged folks.

Get your check up done.
Go see your free doctor and get your free physical which may include a free blood test etc etc..

I got news in August that a cousin of mine dropped dead (pretty literally) from a heart attack.
35 yrs old.
Had two complete blockages. Also had a 1 yr old daughter.

Then news this morning another cousin died - heart attack as well... older - 50ish - but YOUNG AF for dying and leaving his family with 2 young daughters behind.

Wife auto-booked my appointment to the doctor this morning... going for a 12:15pm appointment...

But ****... just get checked out.

That’s awful, sorry to hear that. Good advice

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
November is an insane anniversary month for vidya:
-November 17th: Left 4 Dead (10)
-November 19th: Half-Life (20)
-November 21st: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (20)
-November 30th: Thief: The Dark Project (20)
-November 30th: StarCraft: Brood War (20)
-November 30th: Tribes (20)

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
does anyone have a link to the original ski resort under the sea thread? I'll also accept turkey girl

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
does anyone have a link to the original ski resort under the sea thread? I'll also accept turkey girl
I think all the pre-2012 threads got deleted when they moved servers or upgraded the forums.

Edit: or they only kept a certain number of existing threads in each board when they made the move. Regardless, I'm pretty sure they're gone now.

Hit the post

Oct 1, 2015
I posted a link (it's incomplete but a good chunk of it is readable) somewhere in this thread. Unfortunately that thread exceeded the post count. I'm pretty sure somebody reposted link (not sure if it's in this thread or the previous interations like the one I posted in). When I get the time, I'll try and find it again.

I think all the pre-2012 threads got deleted when they moved servers or upgraded the forums.

Edit: or they only kept a certain number of existing threads in each board when they made the move. Regardless, I'm pretty sure they're gone now.
I do archive *ALL* of Nuckles posts for further evidence in his court case....errrr for future reference.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
They purged a lot of the old threads even before the server move. It is infuriating. Those threads were valuable for research.

They had this treasure trove of hockey opinions going back 20 years and they just deleted them all without warning. It still makes me angry. I would have paid a thousand dollars to keep those.

Reactions: Hansen

Hit the post

Oct 1, 2015
They purged a lot of the old threads even before the server move. It is infuriating. Those threads were valuable for research.

They had this treasure trove of hockey opinions going back 20 years and they just deleted them all without warning. It still makes me angry. I would have paid a thousand dollars to keep those.
On the plus side, alot of evidence of my stupidity or general high levels of banality have been erased from history.:naughty:

Reactions: Zombotron

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
There addictive MBM, be careful is my advise and quit well your ahead

Lol they like anything else can be addictive, the internet is addictive, tv is addictive heck cheeseburgers are addictive.

There are far more people that have played video games and not become addicted than there are people that became addicted To them

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I was in Toronto last week and took the opportunity to visit the Hockey Hall of Fame for the first time, and I enjoyed it very much.

The highlight came when I asked a guy to take a picture of me and my niece with the Stanley Cup. He turned out to be Russian, and we had a great short chat about Russians in the NHL. It's cool to connect through hockey with someone from a different culture.

Hit the post

Oct 1, 2015
The highlight came when I asked a guy to take a picture of me and my niece with the Stanley Cup. He turned out to be Russian, and we had a great short chat about Russians in the NHL. It's cool to connect through hockey with someone from a different culture.
Reminds me of the time I went to Kennedy Space Center a couple decades ago (not THAT long after the 'end of the Cold War')....there were all these Russian tourists around taking photos. Had to wonder if that was possible BEFORE 'glasnost'. Sadly, I had a more positive outlook of the future then partly as a result of that experience.

Reactions: lindgren

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Reminds me of the time I went to Kennedy Space Center a couple decades ago (not THAT long after the 'end of the Cold War')....there were all these Russian tourists around taking photos. Had to wonder if that was possible BEFORE 'glasnost'. Sadly, I had a more positive outlook of the future then partly as a result of that experience.

You and me both. Colour us naive, I guess.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I'm not much of a gamer but I bought into tge hype on thus red dead redemption 2. Been playing for about an hour and I am so ****ing bored. When does it get good?
I spent 3 hours hunting for a 3 star bull elk last night and Im still not bored. Different strokes for different folks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad