Patriots/NFL 2018 Offseason - Edelman suspended 4 games for PED violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Cooks had the most underwhelming 1000 yard season last year.

No issues moving on from the player.

They have the ammo in 23 and 31 to move up to like 9 or 10 if they wanted to. Or if they packaged the 1sts with the 2nd from SF, they could move up to like 4. Not that they would ever do that.

Really curious to see what they end up doing,

NFL Draft Value Chart: WalterFootball.com

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Would actually like Jackson he would bring them a QB they never had before. A mobile one who can create on the run or just run it. Then with Brady mentoring him for a season or 2.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Lamar Jackson will be a bust in the NFL. The fact he didn't run at his pro day and at the combine should alarm every interested team. He's not accurate enough with his arm to be an effective NFL QB, and not running raises a flag that his speed isn't very good either.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Lamar Jackson will be a bust in the NFL. The fact he didn't run at his pro day and at the combine should alarm every interested team. He's not accurate enough with his arm to be an effective NFL QB, and not running raises a flag that his speed isn't very good either.

QB I really want is

no way Pats get him

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
What does using a first on Jackson do to help now, since you know, Brady's window is closing? Taking away a good WR and using the pick you get for him on a guy that won't play for a few years is actually subtraction by addition and literally the dumbest thing they could do. Using both picks and moving up or trading them for ODB is about the only thing that makes sense.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yeah #32.

So you turned #32 in 17 for 1 year of Cooks and #23 in 18. That's a win.

Cooks just wasn't a great fit here. Like I said, the most underwhelming 1000 yard receiver on this team that I can remember.

He's a younger, slightly better Brandon Lloyd.

Seems like Moss was the only real vertical guy that flourished there.

I wouldn't think Brady is all that excited about this deal.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Love it.

Fix the defense and you can win a SB even if the offense is 80% of last year.

This also tells me Gronk is coming back, will be announced on Monday after WrestleMania.

How long have they been trying to "fix" the defense, yet not though?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Well they did through the draft a few years ago. That 14 team had studs on D they drafted.

They havent had any high picks the last few years, so this could be different.

Yep and they promptly dismembered it because Chandler Jones dared to want to get paid, and Jamie Collins decided to improvise on plays. In other words, they didn't need to fix the d, if they could have held onto those players. They didn't because the ego of BB got in the way. Just like in the last Super Bowl where he thought Bademosi was a better call than Butler.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
The saints did not use the pick we traded them on Lattimore. They used there own pick. Lattimore was the 11th, we traded them the 32nd

They still got a starting tackle in the NFL with that pick.

Point is, using these draft picks isn’t detrimental because of Brady’s window or anything like that. They could get two starters on defense if they play the picks right.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Pats will take LVE with that 23rd pick. Whos been tied to the Steelers for the past few months.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
They still got a starting tackle in the NFL with that pick.

Point is, using these draft picks isn’t detrimental because of Brady’s window or anything like that. They could get two starters on defense if they play the picks right.

I get the point and would agree to some degree. I was just correcting the poster.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Would actually like Jackson he would bring them a QB they never had before. A mobile one who can create on the run or just run it. Then with Brady mentoring him for a season or 2.

And if Tom is not having fun Belichick can tell him to enjoy peddling your TB12 in retirement

I'm all in on Jackson - heads would explode

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Pats will take LVE with that 23rd pick. Whos been tied to the Steelers for the past few months.
He's their type of guy and he's great on the 3 cone which seals it

They have to take the next QB though

If I'm Belichick I'm not letting Brady & Gronk talking about are they happy enough

I want the next QB in camp this year

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
He's their type of guy and he's great on the 3 cone which seals it

They have to take the next QB though

If I'm Belichick I'm not letting Brady & Gronk talking about are they happy enough

I want the next QB in camp this year

Only a one year starter and very raw. If that's what they're doing, it doesn't help with now. It's a futures move and weakening the team now for down the road with a 41 year old QB is not just stupid, it's f***ing moronic.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
And if Tom is not having fun Belichick can tell him to enjoy peddling your TB12 in retirement

I'm all in on Jackson - heads would explode

Saw him the first time around when he was called Michael Bishop. Wasn't impressed then, not impressed now. Guy will flush out of the league within 3 years. He's simply not an accurate enough passer and his superior athletic ability in college will surely not be there to bail him out on his mistakes and bad reads in the pros.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I said it earlier, but will restate. This move only makes sense if they bundle the picks and move way up for an impact player to help with this year, or if they bundle the picks to get ODB from the Giants. If the plan is to use both picks or take one late first rounder and move the other for a couple of seconds or a second and third, it's a wasted move that weakens the team for the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille