Patriots/NFL 2018 Offseason - Edelman suspended 4 games for PED violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
PFT who ran with the EEI story/tweet have already retracted it. I guess Chris Curtis told them it was a "joke".

THAT is why I can't take that station seriously.

Regardless, I think the discussion above is still a valid one if it actually went down.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'm not saying the guy doesn't have sources, I'm sure he does. I'm just asking if this is something he does on a regular basis, or is this the first time he's ever done something of this nature?

Like on The Sports Hub, the producer of Felger and Mazz has some very well placed sources on the Celtics and he's dropped hints and speculated on rumors on a regular basis, and most of what he's said has panned out. So there's a track record. I don't listen to Kirk, so I have no frame of reference if this is something that guy does or not, if that makes sense.

I never listen to EEI, just saw them tweet it, then saw PFT run with it as well.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Dont get why they brought in Jordan Mathews. Literally NO space for him unless they're getting ready for life without Hogan, Edelman or/and Cooks in a few seasons.

He's got some size at 6'3 and has shown the ability to make plays. His last 3 years (prior to Buffalo) he averaged nearly 900 yards and 6 TD's and only fumbled 3 times during that span. Low risk, high rewards for the former 2nd rounder.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Kirk & Callahan's senior producer seems to believe a Gronk trade is happening in the next few weeks, aka at the draft.

Tons of reports out there that Brady's future is tied to Gronkowski somehow. If Gronk goes, does Tom just hang them up? Does Gronk even continue playing if he's traded anywhere but LA for obvious reasons? Does Kraft step in and veto this nonsense?

This entire offseason sucks.
He was joking and Mike Florio took it serious and went with it.

Examples of previous joking around in the past.

Not to be a dick, but what's this guy's track record for breaking a major story like this? Has he ever done that? How about even a minor one?

I find it incredibly amusing that all these supposed leaks are happening, and to random sources.

So to Lonnie's point, Florio should of known better.

Last edited:

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Then again my boy who knows Cooks said his ego has gotten bigger this last year. I don't see the ego going down further being on the Rams.

Wonder why they did this. Not compatible with Brady? Stalled talks on a future contact? Didn't like his 2 stupid plays in the SB?

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I don't know how to feel about this trade. Cooks was very good last year.

Unless OBJ is coming here..

But that's highly unlikely

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
They needs bodies. Not draft picks.

Unless Brady is Benjamin Button.

I’ll wait and say whether or not I like it onc they’re done making moves. But right now I don’t care for it

Reactions: sleepyh

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don't think Cooks was very tough, and he was completely overwhelmed by the moment in the Superbowl. Trying to hurdle that dude might've been the difference in the game.

That said, he gave us 1000 yards and a legit outside threat in the regular season, and that's a lot to have to replace.

Thanks for winning us that Houston game. I don't get the trade unless there's another shoe to drop, but it's not the end of the world. They got a good asset for him, but we're not here to collect futures...

Reactions: KrejciMVP

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Good value but I would have kept the player and given him another year. Definitely has some flaws to his game and took a lot of criticism which for the most part was warranted, but he still put up 1000 yards and 7 TDs. Patriots must be confident in Mitchell returning from injury and maybe Patterson will have a bigger role in the offense than we originally thought

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Good riddance. He couldn't catch in traffic and made 2 of the worst plays I've ever seen in a Super Bowl.

Only problem is that we are AWFUL at drafting WRs but maybe after 20 years Belichick is ready to change that. Hes never gone BPA. There are some good ones in this draft and some scrubs are getting monster deals as UFAs.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Only if they turn the first or firsts into a good to great player. A pick that will take a couple of years to improve and contribute is actually a negative because Brady's window.

The Cooks trade worked out great for the Saints they got a better player IMO in Lattimore.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
The Cooks trade worked out great for the Saints they got a better player IMO in Lattimore.
The saints did not use the pick we traded them on Lattimore. They used there own pick. Lattimore was the 11th, we traded them the 32nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad