Patriots/NFL 2018 Offseason - Edelman suspended 4 games for PED violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Ertz was debatable, even according to the actual rule. That could have gone our way, but it's impossible to argue it definitely should have.

Clement's was a f***ing joke and obviously shouldn't have counted. I mean, we lost because we couldn't get a stop and the Eagles played and coached like f***ing rockstars, but in a game like that it still sucks it factored at all.

Reactions: Fossy21

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Ertz was debatable, even according to the actual rule. That could have gone our way, but it's impossible to argue it definitely should have.

Clement's was a ****ing joke and obviously shouldn't have counted. I mean, we lost because we couldn't get a stop and the Eagles played and coached like ****ing rockstars, but in a game like that it still sucks it factored at all.

Regardless if they were enforcing the new rule or not in the game, it wasn't a ctach. He never established posession until his cleat hit the OOB white paint. Makes no sense how that wasn't overturned. Just pure ineptitude from the officials and the league per usual.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Clement's was a ****ing joke and obviously shouldn't have counted. I mean, we lost because we couldn't get a stop and the Eagles played and coached like ****ing rockstars, but in a game like that it still sucks it factored at all.

I think the Ertz catch would be a TD by common sense, but by the precedent of the Jesse James play in Pittsburgh, it shouldn't have counted. I saw no more of a "football move" on that play than on James's. That said, it's a silly rule.

On Clement, agreed totally.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
NFL trades are weirdo than NBA or NHL trades

can trade a stud like Gronk and get a bunch of 3rds or 4ths. Maybe a 2nd thrown in and a player or two.

IF they trade Gronk I want 1sts and 2nds

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Trading Gronk for anything short of a Herschel Walker package would be the dumbest, most unnecessary trade in NFL history.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
NFL trades are weirdo than NBA or NHL trades

can trade a stud like Gronk and get a bunch of 3rds or 4ths. Maybe a 2nd thrown in and a player or two.

IF they trade Gronk I want 1sts and 2nds

Seems like a lot for a guy who is injured all the time and is openly contemplating retirement.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I love how NFL teams cling to their picks like gold and won’t trade them for elite players yet they routinely f*** up their picks and they amount to nothing

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I love how NFL teams cling to their picks like gold and won’t trade them for elite players yet they routinely **** up their picks and they amount to nothing

I see it from both perspectives if u have the 10th pick a dominant player at a position u NEED may drop. However if u can trade for a dominant player at the same position and have the cap space why not?

Honestly IDK what I would do in that instance

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Kirk & Callahan's senior producer seems to believe a Gronk trade is happening in the next few weeks, aka at the draft.

Tons of reports out there that Brady's future is tied to Gronkowski somehow. If Gronk goes, does Tom just hang them up? Does Gronk even continue playing if he's traded anywhere but LA for obvious reasons? Does Kraft step in and veto this nonsense?

This entire offseason sucks.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Kirk & Callahan's senior producer seems to believe a Gronk trade is happening in the next few weeks, aka at the draft.

Tons of reports out there that Brady's future is tied to Gronkowski somehow. If Gronk goes, does Tom just hang them up? Does Gronk even continue playing if he's traded anywhere but LA for obvious reasons? Does Kraft step in and veto this nonsense?

this scenario would put the Jimmy G trade up as one of the worst in NE sports history

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
this scenario would put the Jimmy G trade up as one of the worst in NE sports history
It's already bad, even though realistically they had no way of keeping him under the tagged number.

But, to trade the heir apparant, and then pseudo force your QB to retire because you didn't want his trainer around, and traded his security blanket in Gronk, and let one of his other guys in Amendola go? That would be all time bad, and frankly would completely sour Belichick's legacya round here, regardless of the fact that he brought 5 titles, and 8 appearences to the team.

I mean I GET why Bill wants Guererro away from the team. Having half the team training with one guy, and the other half with the team staff is insane. I don't blame him at all for not wanting that.

But at what point do you realize that your QB is not the same as guy 53 on the roster? I get his whole mentality is that no player is above the team, but when that player is the best to ever play his position? Cut him some f***ing slack.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Not to be a dick, but what's this guy's track record for breaking a major story like this? Has he ever done that? How about even a minor one?

I find it incredibly amusing that all these supposed leaks are happening, and to random sources.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Not to be a dick, but what's this guy's track record for breaking a major story like this? Has he ever done that? How about even a minor one?

I find it incredibly amusing that all these supposed leaks are happening, and to random sources.
Oh I'd take it with a grain of salt.

But I mean he does produce a major market show in the area, I'm sure he has heard something/has sources.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
It's already bad, even though realistically they had no way of keeping him under the tagged number.

But, to trade the heir apparant, and then pseudo force your QB to retire because you didn't want his trainer around, and traded his security blanket in Gronk, and let one of his other guys in Amendola go? That would be all time bad, and frankly would completely sour Belichick's legacya round here, regardless of the fact that he brought 5 titles, and 8 appearences to the team.

I mean I GET why Bill wants Guererro away from the team. Having half the team training with one guy, and the other half with the team staff is insane. I don't blame him at all for not wanting that.

But at what point do you realize that your QB is not the same as guy 53 on the roster? I get his whole mentality is that no player is above the team, but when that player is the best to ever play his position? Cut him some ****ing slack.

oh, you deal a QB before last season, but the one you deal is Brady.

i hate that Belichick completely abandoned his history of dealing with aging vets on this one. Patriots 101 is it doesnt matter who you are, you will be dealt for assets a few years before your end and the young replacement will take over.

He did it with Law, Milloy, Seymour, Warren, Vrabel, Light, Mankins, Johnson, McGinest, Vinatieri, Branch, etc.

They had done the hardest thing to do, and had the next guy in house at QB...it should've been a Montana to Young, Favre to Rodgers transition.

And sorry to the responses I know this will get, but NO one player is immune from being dealt, including Brady. Montana was dealt with tread left on the tires

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
oh, you deal a QB before last season, but the one you deal is Brady.

i hate that Belichick completely abandoned his history of dealing with aging vets on this one. Patriots 101 is it doesnt matter who you are, you will be dealt for assets a few years before your end and the young replacement will take over.

He did it with Law, Milloy, Seymour, Warren, Vrabel, Light, Mankins, Johnson, McGinest, Vinatieri, Branch, etc.

They had done the hardest thing to do, and had the next guy in house at QB...it should've been a Montana to Young, Favre to Rodgers transition.

And sorry to the responses I know this will get, but NO one player is immune from being dealt, including Brady. Montana was dealt with tread left on the tires
I had it typed out but couldn't bring myself to actually say what you did.

Honestly they could've kept both last season, and then dealt Brady this offseason.

The bolded part though has Kraft written all over it. There is no way Kraft would let them trade/release To, for better or worse.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Oh I'd take it with a grain of salt.

But I mean he does produce a major market show in the area, I'm sure he has heard something/has sources.

I'm not saying the guy doesn't have sources, I'm sure he does. I'm just asking if this is something he does on a regular basis, or is this the first time he's ever done something of this nature?

Like on The Sports Hub, the producer of Felger and Mazz has some very well placed sources on the Celtics and he's dropped hints and speculated on rumors on a regular basis, and most of what he's said has panned out. So there's a track record. I don't listen to Kirk, so I have no frame of reference if this is something that guy does or not, if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00