Patriots/NFL 2018 Offseason - Edelman suspended 4 games for PED violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
This thread, ugh, had Pearl Jam's Glorified G in my head all day Weird Al style.

Got the ball in my hands, just need to hold it until I land
I can bobble the ball a bit as long as I come down with it

Simplified Version of a Football Catch

Simplified Version of a Football Catch

Reactions: UConn126

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The new catch rule is dumb and the old catch rule was way better.

This is my honest opinion.

The problem Keith the rule and the old rule is Instant Replay, it has broken football. It was set up as a way to resolve clear mustakes, and instead has morphed in to some ridiculous version of CSI where we spend 6-10 minutes trying to analyze whether there was a slight movement of the ball in the hands, etc.

It never should have come to this.should have been one minute aaaaor less was the call Cleary wrong, if no then go foward

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The problem Keith the rule and the old rule is Instant Replay, it has broken football. It was set up as a way to resolve clear mustakes, and instead has morphed in to some ridiculous version of CSI where we spend 6-10 minutes trying to analyze whether there was a slight movement of the ball in the hands, etc.

It never should have come to this.should have been one minute aaaaor less was the call Cleary wrong, if no then go foward

this, if you cant see it after watching 2-3 replays then it isnt conclusive

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

This can be applied to all sports that use replay to confirm/change calls. Look at hockey for example. If it takes 3+ minutes to look at a call, the original call probably stands.

I completely agree with you here too. Replay was great for for fans to see slow downed shots of an amazing catch or something, but it's killing sports. I don't know whether to celebrate a TD anymore, or a goal that is scored soon after a close entry into the zone, etc.

Of course I want them to get stuff right, but when they use replay to do so, AND STILL GET IT WRONG, it's pointless.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
NFL Welcomes Controversy: New Catch Rule Reportedly Applied To Eagles' TDs In Super Bowl Win Vs. Patriots

We aren't crazy or paranoid. We're basically the guy at the end of the Twilight Zone who is the only sane person except no one believes him.
I'm glad my yelling and pointing at the tv while most of my friends thought I was insane regarding the Clement TD was right.

Leave it to the NFL to apply the rules differently in the most important game of the year.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
NFL Welcomes Controversy: New Catch Rule Reportedly Applied To Eagles' TDs In Super Bowl Win Vs. Patriots

We aren't crazy or paranoid. We're basically the guy at the end of the Twilight Zone who is the only sane person except no one believes him.

So, Troy Vincent is sitting in NY with Riveron during the SB, legislating new rules into the game (without a vote) in the BIGGEST f***ING GAME OF THE YEAR.

If any team other than the Patriots (whom everyone wanted to lose anyway) was victimized in the SB by this sort of thing, people would be going bat shit crazy over it.

Instead, it's like, oh well, the rule was coming anyway, and it's too late to do anything about it now.

How bad has it gotten at the NFL that they think nothing of doing shit like this? No other league in the world has the balls to do stuff like this. Well...maybe the Putin led KHL, but you know what I mean.

Reactions: EverettMike

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Pats bringing him in for a look, looks great but I would be mad if they draft a WR with their first

Here's his Draft projection from NHL.com:

2018 NFL Draft Profile: CHRISTIAN KIRK

Sounds like the type of WR the Pats like? Quicker than fast, well-built, runs the underneath routes. I know his draft stock has risen. Is there any chance he's there with the 49ers pick?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Belichick sbout to show who's in charge- sorry Tom and Robert

Also as I suspected the league ruling on the Eagles 2 questionable touch downs were not under same guidelines as regular season

Between Belichick grudge and those calls (actually one to me was a TD the other should have been ruled incomplete) the Patriots did well

And really Philadelphia could use something positive

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I’m expecting Belichick to absolutely kill this draft. It seems like Bill always makes his best moves when he’s under fire and this offseason has been exactly that. So I fully expect him to absolutely go off in this draft and expect we end up with 2-3 starters, at least, from it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So, Troy Vincent is sitting in NY with Riveron during the SB, legislating new rules into the game (without a vote) in the BIGGEST ****ING GAME OF THE YEAR.

If any team other than the Patriots (whom everyone wanted to lose anyway) was victimized in the SB by this sort of thing, people would be going bat **** crazy over it.

Instead, it's like, oh well, the rule was coming anyway, and it's too late to do anything about it now.

How bad has it gotten at the NFL that they think nothing of doing **** like this? No other league in the world has the balls to do stuff like this. Well...maybe the Putin led KHL, but you know what I mean.
It's stunning what has come out

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It's the ultimate power move by Belichick

Football is only my 2nd sport, but not so sure about that?

I think if BB thought that Gronk was 100% committed to playing football, he would love to have him on the team.

I wouldn't be surprised if all this talk about acting and wrestling is nothing more than a ploy to get more money and the "trade" rumors are NE's response. Even Gronk has said that he wants to be with Brady if he's playing football.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I said the refs screwed us in the superbowl from the get go. Not surprising that the league was complicit.

But last time I mentioned that the refs got both TD catch reviews wrong by rule, some Flyers fan who was trolling our board for some reason sent me a PM and told me to "stop crying"

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Football is only my 2nd sport, but not so sure about that?

I think if BB thought that Gronk was 100% committed to playing football, he would love to have him on the team.

I wouldn't be surprised if all this talk about acting and wrestling is nothing more than a ploy to get more money and the "trade" rumors are NE's response. Even Gronk has said that he wants to be with Brady if he's playing football.
I bet Belichick gets a kick out of Gronk's tweets and off season fun and games

Bill probably has a great sense of humor

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I said the refs screwed us in the superbowl from the get go. Not surprising that the league was complicit.

But last time I mentioned that the refs got both TD catch reviews wrong by rule, some Flyers fan who was trolling our board for some reason sent me a PM and told me to "stop crying"

I thought one of the TD's was a catch, and one was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad