Patriots/NFL 2018 Offseason - Edelman suspended 4 games for PED violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I’ll reserve my judgement on Harmon until we get more info specifically about how they found it.

It’s not uncommon for things to be planted in a travelers luggage specifically Americans.

It was the biggest thing we were warned about when we traveled to the Philippines.

He could have done it of course but it seems a bit out of character.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
DZITu26W0AAM-SN.jpg

Reactions: DKH

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I’ll reserve my judgement on Harmon until we get more info specifically about how they found it.

It’s not uncommon for things to be planted in a travelers luggage specifically Americans.

It was the biggest thing we were warned about when we traveled to the Philippines.

He could have done it of course but it seems a bit out of character.

Didn't deny it, just apologized. So it would seem he's admitting he did it with this...

Duron Harmon Apologizes After Being Denied Entry To Costa Rica With Marijuana

Reactions: Alicat

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Sub signs with Rams, and they are also the front runners for OBJ. Awesome.
Suh, Talib, Peters, and Donald on the same defense. They're going to be absolutely monstrous, offenses will fear playing the Rams.

But they're also all complete lunatics and will probably lose a key game at some point due to stupid unsportsmanlike penalties, and could just as well implode.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
To be honest they should just re hire Jeff Fisher with that cast of characters. I actually can’t imagine how many unsportsmanlike conduct fouls they’re going to get. I’m thinking multiple ejections this year

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Realized there is still almost a month to the draft, not many FAs left that make u go we NEED him, going to be a long few weeks for us Pats fans.

See most mocks saying the Pats will take an OL. Maybe its just me but I don't see OL as that much of a glaring need. Good OLs can be found after the 2nd and the team still has Dante

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Realized there is still almost a month to the draft, not many FAs left that make u go we NEED him, going to be a long few weeks for us Pats fans.

See most mocks saying the Pats will take an OL. Maybe its just me but I don't see OL as that much of a glaring need. Good OLs can be found after the 2nd and the team still has Dante
Yes good OL can be found late, but they need to find an LT that can step in immediately and at least be a rotational piece. Ideally someone like Solder/Light that is drafted and plays immediately. Going into Brady's age 41 season with a hole at that position is not something they should be comfortable with. Banking on someone like Garcia to get healthy and contribute isn't the play either.

OT, LB are their priorities with QB and TE as a second tier. Not that any TE they draft could replace Gronk, but they have nothing on that roster right now if Gronk does decide to hang them up.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Suh, Talib, Peters, and Donald on the same defense. They're going to be absolutely monstrous, offenses will fear playing the Rams.

But they're also all complete lunatics and will probably lose a key game at some point due to stupid unsportsmanlike penalties, and could just as well implode.

Currently making the rounds on twitter: Since Aaron Donald entered the NFL in 2014, he and Suh rank 1st and 2nd in tackles for loss by DTs and 1st and 3rd, respectively, in pressures by DTs.

Yikes.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Agreed.

NFC is going to be a nightmare to come out of this season.

The Eagles won the superbowl with a crazy talented young team still on amazing contracts, with their backup QB and not their starter who was on pace to win the MVP who will be back next year, and they might be the 3rd best team in the conference now.

It's f***ing insane. Having a good starting QB on a rookie deal is like playing with a cheat code.

Minny better hope Cousins is everything they think he is.

Reactions: JRull86

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
On paper the Rams look scary. On paper. I'll wait to see how that Frankenstein defense fits together first though. They've got some serious mental giants on that roster now. Could be a huge mistake depending on how they manage those personalities.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I will say, that Rams teams could potentially eat McVay alive. He's a month older than me. That locker room has a ton of big egos, and a ton of guys with issues. Unlike last year where really Donald was the only guy with a problem, and that's contract related.

He needs to get those guys to buy in early or it could be an absolute disaster.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I will say, that Rams teams could potentially eat McVay alive. He's a month older than me. That locker room has a ton of big egos, and a ton of guys with issues. Unlike last year where really Donald was the only guy with a problem, and that's contract related.

He needs to get those guys to buy in early or it could be an absolute disaster.

They'll listen to Wade Phillips. For my money, probably the best active DC in the league right now.

[Edit: Mike beat me to it]

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
They'll listen to Wade Phillips. For my money, probably the best active DC in the league right now.

[Edit: Mike beat me to it]

Wade Phillips helped wrangle some big time personalities together in Denver. They just need Suh, who will be looking for a huge payday again in 12 months, to buy in for one season.

I'll take crazy if it comes with crazy talent.
That's true, I keep forgetting they have Phillips there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad