2018 off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Neither thing will happen. Don't worry.

Weren't you quite adamant Haktard wouldn't be back 5 months ago when we were screaming for him to be canned mid season ?? :)

By day 3 of UFA that slug will still be unsigned, Hexy may not be able to resist himself

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
A package of Simmonds and Hagg for Dumba.

I really want to just stack the defense as much as possible.

Why in the world would Minnesota do that?

FWIW Wild fans generally think the one to go (after an Ennis b/o) is Coyle or Nino.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Weren't you quite adamant Haktard wouldn't be back 5 months ago when we were screaming for him to be canned mid season ?? :)

By day 3 of UFA that slug will still be unsigned, Hexy may not be able to resist himself
You already asked me this and the answer is still no.

I never said he was going to get fired, I said nothing was guaranteed either way.

What I said when you people were freaking out was that it was a stupid waste of time because the only thing that was a for sure was that he wasn't getting fired in the middle of a season. IF he got fired, it would be at the end of the season.

You panicky shortsighted guys are the ones who like to make idiotic guarantees, like when you said we were definitely missing the playoffs. How'd that one go?

Reactions: Curufinwe

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
That kind of sounds like Chiarelli before the Hall-Larsson trade.
thankfully we don't have a Hall to trade lel
there are a couple of quality RHD on the market ready to be had for only cap space and no other assets.

Provorov-Ghost
Sanheim-Gudas

There's your top 4.
That 2nd pair is not viable. it's an ok 3rd pair.
Imagine if Sanhiem had a legit Top 4 RHD to play with? Would only further accentuate his development.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That 2nd pair is not viable. it's an ok 3rd pair.
Imagine if Sanhiem had a legit Top 4 RHD to play with? Would only further accentuate his development.
Sure it is, they looked great together last year.

And Gudas has been a top 4 D since he got here. His play only started to struggle when stuck with Manning and used as a 3rd pair guy.

ItMe

Jan 4, 2017
I don't understand the franchise mindset in bringing back players like Manning and Filp. They didn't work out before, why in the hell are you bringing them back? Try something new! I understand the Flyers aren't winning a cup anytime soon, but at least make yourself as competitive as possible. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but we already know what happens with guys like Manning and Filp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad