2018 off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Sure it is, they looked great together last year.

And Gudas has been a top 4 D since he got here. His play only started to struggle when stuck with Manning and used as a 3rd pair guy.

I wouldn’t be against moving Gudas. He’s one questionable hit away from being suspended 20+ games. Also I think he’s not the same before being neutered.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
You already asked me this and the answer is still no.

I never said he was going to get fired, I said nothing was guaranteed either way.

What I said when you people were freaking out was that it was a stupid waste of time because the only thing that was a for sure was that he wasn't getting fired in the middle of a season. IF he got fired, it would be at the end of the season.

You panicky shortsighted guys are the ones who like to make idiotic guarantees, like when you said we were definitely missing the playoffs. How'd that one go?

Ya when we were playing bad in the playoff by 2 pts and Hak was the coach with avg goalies, ya missing the playoffs was such a reach lol

He should of been fired mid season, post season, or never hired. But we can all agree Hexy is way too proud to admit his horrible judge of coaching with Lappy and Hak.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Sure it is, they looked great together last year.

And Gudas has been a top 4 D since he got here. His play only started to struggle when stuck with Manning and used as a 3rd pair guy.

And also after his last suspension. He is absolutely a step down when he isn't at his physical best.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Gudas bounces back he's fine with Sanheim, he provides the "muscle."
MacDonald - Myers would be a solid 3rd pair. Hagg - Myers would also work, since Myers can move the puck.

The only way Manning returns is someone gets dinged and they need a 7th D-man.
He's a decent 3rd pair defenseman (look at the bottom 150-200 and tell me they're better than Manning!).
Fortunately, the Flyers are building the kind of depth where he can't crack the top six.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
It's 100% viable. The problem is the coach would rather play Hagg and MacDonald as the second pair.

Hagg is going with the 19th pick for Tyler Myers and Armia. Boom, top 4 RHD and wicked skilled PK monster for the bottom 6.

Provy Myers
Sanheim Ghost
Farmer Gudas

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ya when we were playing bad in the playoff by 2 pts and Hak was the coach with avg goalies, ya missing the playoffs was such a reach lol

He should of been fired mid season, post season, or never hired. But we can all agree Hexy is way too proud to admit his horrible judge of coaching with Lappy and Hak.
It doesn't matter how likely/unlikely it was. Stating it as a fact was ridiculous because obviously it wasn't one. It was just exaggerated fatalism and complaining, same as we're seeing this offseason.

And there's no reason to believe it's a matter of pride, that's just yet another reach in an attempt to complain more. Unless you have any proof to back that up, stating it as a fact is foolish.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hagg is going with the 19th pick for Tyler Myers and Armia. Boom, top 4 RHD and wicked skilled PK monster for the bottom 6.

Provy Myers
Sanheim Ghost
Farmer Gudas

I do like Armia - he's pretty underrated according to my eyeballs, but my statsballs don't really function, so I don't know how he holds up in the underlying numbers.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
And also after his last suspension. He is absolutely a step down when he isn't at his physical best.
He's better when he's physical, but the real problem with him this year was more the Manning issue.

Gudas spent WAY more time with Manning than anyone else this year, and it hurt him a ton.

635:58 with Manning
240:28 with Sanheim
50:36 with Hagg

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
It doesn't matter how likely/unlikely it was. Stating it as a fact was ridiculous because obviously it wasn't one. It was just exaggerated fatalism and complaining, same as we're seeing this offseason.

And there's no reason to believe it's a matter of pride, that's just yet another reach in an attempt to complain more. Unless you have any proof to back that up, stating it as a fact is foolish.

Your right, he just enjoys the results that Lappy brings to the PK.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I do like Armia - he's pretty underrated according to my eyeballs, but my statsballs don't really function, so I don't know how he holds up in the underlying numbers.

He and Myers are almost certainly gone and both would be good targets. Myers is only 1 more year, but would be a nice vet to take over for Farmer . Snagging Armia for the bottom 6 would be a home run. Such a good PK guy and just never has a shot on the Jets. His skill level is very under rated too.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, Corsica says the PK was well above average, except for those guys in goal, and I don't think Lappy is the goalie coach.
It's just hard to reconcile being 4th or so in xGA% and 31st in GA%.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I don't understand the franchise mindset in bringing back players like Manning and Filp. They didn't work out before, why in the hell are you bringing them back? Try something new! I understand the Flyers aren't winning a cup anytime soon, but at least make yourself as competitive as possible. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but we already know what happens with guys like Manning and Filp.

They didn't bring them back yet. I think this is the glaring issue people somehow are forgetting.

Quite literally all Hextall has said so far is "We'll take a look at that later"

If Hextall really wanted these two, he'd be seeing "We're going to try and get a deal done"

They're just last resorts. Hexy is doing his proper GM-work by keeping doors open even if he doesn't actually want those players on the team next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad