Speculation: 2018 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Chayka and Dubas chatting on the draft floor would be a site to see. If you combine the number of years they look like, you get Lou Lamoriello
Haha the talking heads as well as us crazy fans would be bursting watching that conversation go down. Imagine them announcing a minor deal after!!!!

Reactions: RABBIT

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
How in the world do we get Wilson? He was so awesome this series.

Normally I just like to lurk but this set me off. :laugh: Original Yotes fan since 96, had season tickets the first three years before I moved back to NY and I would dump the Yotes as a fan if they ever picked up Tom Wilson. Dirty, Dirty, Dirty..and not in a good way. They guy hits to injure and enjoys it and that has no place the way the league is now. The fact his name is on the cup disgusts me. If he actually concentrated on playing hockey he could be a really good player. I actually like Marchand, Cousins, etc but Wilson takes it one step too far. bah.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Normally I just like to lurk but this set me off. :laugh: Original Yotes fan since 96, had season tickets the first three years before I moved back to NY and I would dump the Yotes as a fan if they ever picked up Tom Wilson. Dirty, Dirty, Dirty..and not in a good way. They guy hits to injure and enjoys it and that has no place the way the league is now. The fact his name is on the cup disgusts me. If he actually concentrated on playing hockey he could be a really good player. I actually like Marchand, Cousins, etc but Wilson takes it one step too far. bah.

Were you in cryo sleep when Raffi Torres was here? Wilson is guilty of playing hard and being 6'4. Two of his three suspensions have come in the preseason of all places.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
You lost me at Marchand...

Reactions: Lilhoody

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
1. Hickey+55 to CHI for 27+Hossa
2. Domi+5 to MTL for Mete+3
3. OEL(handshake deal)+Panik to PIT for Kessel+Schultz+Sheary

Keller-Stepan-Kessel
Sheary-Strome-Fischer
Perlini-Dvorak-Zadina
Crouse-Kruger-Cousins
Ullmark/Archibald

Goligoski-Hjalmarsson
Chychrun-Schultz
Mete-Demers
Lyubushkin

Raanta
Kuemeper

Ahhh...the offseason...:sarcasm:

You're allowed to be prematurely bored and make insane proposals and lineups when you're team was essentially mathematically eliminated on November 1st. Seriously, as fans, this is month 7 of the offseason.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Were you in cryo sleep when Raffi Torres was here? Wilson is guilty of playing hard and being 6'4. Two of his three suspensions have come in the preseason of all places.

Raffi Torres? Daniel Carcillo! (still the only Coyote I don't like, and for the same reason - "If he actually concentrated on playing hockey he could be a really good player". Yes, I've read the Players Tribune article, doesn't excuse him)

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
1. Hickey+55 to CHI for 27+Hossa
2. Domi+5 to MTL for Mete+3
3. OEL(handshake deal)+Panik to PIT for Kessel+Schultz+Sheary

Keller-Stepan-Kessel
Sheary-Strome-Fischer
Perlini-Dvorak-Zadina
Crouse-Kruger-Cousins
Ullmark/Archibald

Goligoski-Hjalmarsson
Chychrun-Schultz
Mete-Demers
Lyubushkin

Raanta
Kuemeper

Ahhh...the offseason...:sarcasm:

You're allowed to be prematurely bored and make insane proposals and lineups when you're team was essentially mathematically eliminated on November 1st. Seriously, as fans, this is month 7 of the offseason.
No way is Montreal trading Mete for a winger....oh wait Bergevin is still there right??

Reactions: RABBIT

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

Zac Rinaldo played 53 games for the Yotes this year.

Reactions: RABBIT and Mosby

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Going to be interesting to see what McPhee does with the Knights roster over the summer. Neal, Marchessault, Perron, Karlsson all didn't show up in the Finals - the only guy in their top six who did was Smith. Tatar was also a non-factor despite giving up multiple picks for him. The stay at home guys on the Vegas blueline blew Game 5 with terrible defensive coverage and consistently got burned by the Caps speed (Luca Sbisa is a prime example of how a slow, physical crease clearer with zero hockey sense has arrived at an expiration date in today's NHL).

rt

May 13, 2004
Going to be interesting to see what McPhee does with the Knights roster over the summer. Neal, Marchessault, Perron, Karlsson all didn't show up in the Finals - the only guy in their top six who did was Smith. Tatar was also a non-factor despite giving up multiple picks for him. The stay at home guys on the Vegas blueline blew Game 5 with terrible defensive coverage and consistently getting burned by the Caps speed (Luca Sbisa is a prime example of how a slow, physical crease clearer with zero hockey sense has arrived at an expiration date in today's NHL).
OEL for Glass and Brannstrom?

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Going to be interesting to see what McPhee does with the Knights roster over the summer. Neal, Marchessault, Perron, Karlsson all didn't show up in the Finals - the only guy in their top six who did was Smith. Tatar was also a non-factor despite giving up multiple picks for him. The stay at home guys on the Vegas blueline blew Game 5 with terrible defensive coverage and consistently got burned by the Caps speed (Luca Sbisa is a prime example of how a slow, physical crease clearer with zero hockey sense has arrived at an expiration date in today's NHL).
I think Vegas finally got exposed as a less talented team and MAF wasn't Vezina good in the finals.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Fleury freaked out pretty hardcore there pre-game, which can be understandable when trying to get into the zone you need to be in.

Goalie is a much more mentally taxing position than people realize, and I think this was the series where Fleury simply became mentally taxed out.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I think Vegas finally got exposed as a less talented team and MAF wasn't Vezina good in the finals.

Oh, no question Washington deserved to win, especially after dispatching their long-time nemesis and then the Lightning in 7, teams who both were far more talented and experienced than Vegas.

Still, they got a lot of help from Luca Sbisa yesterday. MAF was hung out to dry multiple times.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Washington did a good job of bottling up the guys on Vegas who got them to the finals. As stated before, that first line/etc didn't really do a ton in the finals... which could just be a bad round for them but I think Washington did a good job in general at limiting them. Also, Holtby did what he had to do.

Seriously, watching the game last night I would forget Neal and Karlsson and Marchessault etc were playing sometimes (even though March. scored).

Another point about the whole playoffs too... as much as Wilson gets hate (deservedly so), he did a good job for Washington. Definitely got teams thinking about going after him instead of focusing on the game. All while scoring 15 points in the playoffs (2 goals in the final series/3 points in 5 games). I'm hoping someone like Crouse can be a cleaner version of Wilson for the Yotes... although I don't think Wilson is as dirty as other players that have been mentioned too (at this point in his career). Then again, I value hard hitting hockey and don't have a particular dislike for Wilson yet.

Reactions: doaner

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
@azcanuck how many career points would Strome have to accumulate for you to admit that you were wrong about him?
He would just have to make the team and start making a meaningful contribution.
For a guy who was drafted that high a few years ago he has shown little indication he will be even a solid player in this league.
Many many players have come up and put up way bigger 10 game sample sizes then Strome did at the end of the year getting the ice time he did and playing with a guy like Domi.
I need to see much more. I have no number in mind at all because he has done squat so far.
I still feel his slow foot speed and weakness on the puck are the two things that will hold him back from making that step up.

rt

May 13, 2004
Carolina is going to f*** up our Marian Hossa plan with Chicago. They're going to send Faulk and Darling to the Hawks, and Hossa will end up going to the Canes. Damn. No free asset for us there!

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Carolina is going to **** up our Marian Hossa plan with Chicago. They're going to send Faulk and Darling to the Hawks, and Hossa will end up going to the Canes. Damn. No free asset for us there!

Was thinking the exact same. Maybe even without Faulk. Just a retained Darling for Hossa.

rt

May 13, 2004
Just pick at 5. No need to get cute.
I wasn't thinking about picks #5 or #8. I had Hickey+55 for Hossa+27 on my mind. Then pick 27 (plus other assets) to some team for center insurance (see Johnson, Tyler and Miller, JT, and Jenner, Boone) or for D depth (with an additional cap-dump), like Schultz(with Sheary or Hagelin) or Brodie(with Brouwer).

You know, the kind of horse trading one has to do when they have no real money and aren't at all desirable to UFAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad