Speculation: 2018 Off-season Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Be funny to see how that would have worked for every team? Sad to look at a few of my Leaf's years and think how much better it would have been to watch Rask, Seguin, and Hamilton rather than Kessel!!

That’s the risk involved with it all. So hard to judge your talent right then and there at such early stages.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
That’s the risk involved with it all. So hard to judge your talent right then and there at such early stages.
Burke so misread where the Leafs were in the Kessel trade and not fighting for protection on the picks. And sometimes you just can't put it together for whatever reason??? Kinda like coming into this season for the Coyotes, does anyone actually know which of last year's two teams we are? Or are we neither of them?? That's the fun or despair of sports.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
THN projections:

I0RhuPW.jpg

Reactions: Jamieh

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Apologies for the monster sized photo. Posted that from mobile.

Also - if Keller puts up 80 points, he'll be the first Coyote to reach the 80-point plateau since Tkachuk's 86 points in 1996-97. Cool for him, sad for the franchise.

Reactions: doaner and Grimes

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I’m a big Hinostroza fan. I expect him to have more than 29 points. My guess is he’s pushing 40. But they have him listed as a center, so I can see why they’re projecting only 29 for him.

I’d also switch Strome and Dvorak. I’m expecting Dvorak to “break out” with an increase of 10-15 more points. That’ll put him in that 50 point range. And I’m still a big believer in Strome, but I just don’t see 50 this year yet. 40 is attainable though, maybe 35.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I’m a big Hinostroza fan. I expect him to have more than 29 points. My guess is he’s pushing 40. But they have him listed as a center, so I can see why they’re projecting only 29 for him.

I’d also switch Strome and Dvorak. I’m expecting Dvorak to “break out” with an increase of 10-15 more points. That’ll put him in that 50 point range. And I’m still a big believer in Strome, but I just don’t see 50 this year yet. 40 is attainable though, maybe 35.
I could see DVO hit 50 pts. this year, and if not I would consider it a disappointment. I also see Strome hit 50 pts. if he is given a fair chance.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Apologies for the monster sized photo. Posted that from mobile.

Also - if Keller puts up 80 points, he'll be the first Coyote to reach the 80-point plateau since Tkachuk's 86 points in 1996-97. Cool for him, sad for the franchise.
It would be nice to see Keller hit 80 pts. but I think he will find this year a bit harder to get pts. Teams are going to watch him very close.

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I could see DVO hit 50 pts. this year, and if not I would consider it a disappointment. I also see Strome hit 50 pts. if he is given a fair chance.
Fairly optimistic. Last year only 118 players broke 50 pts and I think only the Leafs and Sabres had 3 centers with at least 50 pts.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
but I think he will find this year a bit harder to get pts. Teams are going to watch him very close.

He's already made those adjustments once. Plus I think that considering he has been on the top line basically his whole short career, he's had as much focus as other teams can possibly give him already.

If he stagnates or has a regression I think it will be for other reasons.

Last year only 118 players broke 50 pts

The year before it was less. League scoring was up a decent bit last season. I'm betting on it going back down myself. That's what happened after the lockout, though it did take a few years.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Fairly optimistic. Last year only 118 players broke 50 pts and I think only the Leafs and Sabres had 3 centers with at least 50 pts.
IF he can stay healthy and the team plays better he should be able to do it, or be within two or three points.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Strome leading the team in goals (32) assists (41) and points (73) would be pretty nice. :)

Of course I would also accept half of each of those totals. Haha.
I think he has a shot at that point total (if he stays in the AHL).

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
What are y'all smoking this summer? Do you really think that our posession time is going to improve so dramatically that we'll have the puck posession time to score all these goals? Even if our centers miraculously become proficient at winning face offs, our forwards become proficient in the board battles, and the defense suddenly can move the puck our of our own zone, where is the scoring talent?

Reactions: cobra427

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
What are y'all smoking this summer? Do you really think that our posession time is going to improve so dramatically that we'll have the puck posession time to score all these goals? Even if our centers miraculously become proficient at winning face offs, our forwards become proficient in the board battles, and the defense suddenly can move the puck our of our own zone, where is the scoring talent?
We added about 50 goals with Galchenyuk, Hinostroza, and Grabner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad