Speculation: 2018 Off-season Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Is OEL back in NA yet? I don't think I've seen his name among the guys already tooling around IceDen.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Here's a terrifying thought - Dave Tippett recruiting Chayka to be GM in Seattle. I'm sure they could pay him way more and he won't have any budget restrictions as far as roster construction either.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Here's a terrifying thought - Dave Tippett recruiting Chayka to be GM in Seattle. I'm sure they could pay him way more and he won't have any budget restrictions as far as roster construction either.

I don't think that'll happen, because Tippett was fundamentally at odds with Chayka's philosophy, IIRC - in fact, that's one reason why Tippett basically quit instead of sticking around.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
It was Tippett that hired Chayka, no?

Just a possibility though. My guess is Ken Holland is Seattle's guy.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
IIRC Chayka met with Drummond and Tippett. They hired him and Maloney simply inherited him to his staff.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Drummond wanted Chayka because of is analytical value, DM said OK, kind of reluctantly. DM clashed with Tip on things like the 3rd pick for Hamilton. Drumond and Tip wanted DM gone. Tip then had more power with IA owning the club. Barroway purchased the team and took power away from Tip. Tip left because of it. Chayka stayed, GM at 28, not leaving because of a power struggle. Who makes the decisions now, how are they made, and who has final say, not really sure. I doubt Chayka has the authority to over rule his coach or the owner, both 25 years older and more experienced at hockey and business decisions.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Drummond wanted Chayka because of is analytical value, DM said OK, kind of reluctantly. DM clashed with Tip on things like the 3rd pick for Hamilton. Drumond and Tip wanted DM gone. Tip then had more power with IA owning the club. Barroway purchased the team and took power away from Tip. Tip left because of it. Chayka stayed, GM at 28, not leaving because of a power struggle. Who makes the decisions now, how are they made, and who has final say, not really sure. I doubt Chayka has the authority to over rule his coach or the owner, both 25 years older and more experienced at hockey and business decisions.

Can’t imagine Barroway has much say in what happens, guys a complete bozo. Tochett, sure, but I think Chyka has a lot more voice than we think.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Still wish we had another voice in the front office aside from Steve Sullivan and Cart Guy.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Can’t imagine Barroway has much say in what happens, guys a complete bozo. Tochett, sure, but I think Chyka has a lot more voice than we think.
Are you saying AB is a bozo from personal experience or the Doan fiasco?

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Barroway didn't buy the team to have zero say so in decisions, I can assure you of that.

Reactions: Jakey53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad