GDT: 2018 NHL Entry Draft | TRADE: [EDM/MTL] Hayden Hawkey acquired in exchange for EDM 5th '19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcwinner

Jul 9, 2015
they only save $300K as they have to pay out $600K on his $900000 contract.
and then $300K per year against the cap over 2 years.
If I'm reading the buyout rules correctly.

sorry, forgot to mention the layoffs, but no I don't know the details, just heard about it.

My apologies. You are correct. They do only save 300k. Thought I heard 600k on the radio. My bad.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
So the OEG is laying off people eh? And we are buying out players, taking a cap hit in the process, to save money as well? Crazy. The only thing Katz was good for was his money, and now he doesn't even appear to be good for that. The problem with this team starts with ownership, and Katz complete refusal to staff the team with competent management. Instead constantly going back the OBC. Ridiculous. It would be surprising, if this wasn't the Oilers, where incompetence and baffling decisions weren't the expected outcome all of the time.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
I'll try it too, Dobson or Zadina plz.
Oh yes. Dobson is the definitely the defenseman I want the most. I’ve just wanted Brady all year though, and I think Wahlstrom could be dangerous after his year in the NCAA + WJC. Here’s to hoping.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Strome 3 x 3, still Rfa after?

Nurse 5 x 8, not bad not good.

4 mill to sign 4 players and manage JP bonuses?

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
So the OEG is laying off people eh? And we are buying out players, taking a cap hit in the process, to save money as well? Crazy. The only thing Katz was good for was his money, and now he doesn't even appear to be good for that. The problem with this team starts with ownership, and Katz complete refusal to staff the team with competent management. Instead constantly going back the OBC. Ridiculous. It would be surprising, if this wasn't the Oilers, where incompetence and baffling decisions weren't the expected outcome all of the time.

Take a chil pile man.

Reactions: ManitobaKid

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
I predict we will hear reports of Nuge being shopped

Hockey Pundit #3-
" I'm hearing out of St. Louis that the Oilers are very close to getting Colton Parayko, sounds like the Oilers have offered RNH, Kelfbom and a 2019 2nd, I'm sure this will be confirmed very shortly...

*Bob McKenzie Tweet confirming a Parayko trade with details to follow*

... This just in Colton Parayko has indeed been traded to the San Jose Sharks. In exchange the Blues recieve a Hot Dog and a Handshake, Fantastic. The Blues counter offered the Oilers,asking for RNH, Drai, and next years 1st rnd pick feeling the first offer was a bit week. In the end the sharks offer was just too good to pass up."

Paddy Padlock

Sep 16, 2017
I feel like if Wahlstrom is available then JP gets traded as part of something else to bring in a RD of some sort. Add pieces as needed of course.

Makes too much sense. It'll be RNH or Drai and Wahlstrom will replace them on McDavid's wing, like Hall and Puljujarvi.

Why do you think they like Kotkaniemi and Hayton so much?

Seriously though, Puljujarvi has very little value. Add #10 or Klefbom to him if Chia's going whale-hunting

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Canadian dollar is dropping... That 80M US salary cap is over 100M in Canadian funds that Katz has to come up with just to pay the players.

Edit: To put this in perspective Id say the Oiler's make roughly 150M a season(without playoffs) on their ticket revenue. That doesnt include their TV deal or concession sales. But how much are the operating costs for the arena and the rest of the staff? Not to mention the farm teams...

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
If he wants to save money, how about firing the OBC.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I was talking about a trade scenario with my buddies. Klefbom and the 2019 NYI 3rd back to the Isles for Pulock.

Lou needs value contracts after signing Tavares and most likely trading for Gruby. Klef is just that is still a young top 4 d with upside.

The Oilers get their RH pp dman in Pulock who can produce offensively and on the pp. He will most likely want a 2 or 3 year bridge and if he keeps producing like he did this year, 6 million at the end of that bridge wouldn't be out of the question.

A trade that helps both teams. Thoughts?
No one wants to chime in with their thoughts? I think it'd be a really good trade that benefits both teams.

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
Funny but a deal between the Oil & Flames could happen. Flames are trying hard to get a first round pick, Hamilton could be available...
Question is: is Hamilton worth a number 10 overall?
Is Paryako worth a #10 overall?
Who would you rather have Paryako or Hamilton?
Hmmmm

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Funny but a deal between the Oil & Flames could happen. Flames are trying hard to get a first round pick, Hamilton could be available...
Question is: is Hamilton worth a number 10 overall?
Is Paryako worth a #10 overall?
Who would you rather have Paryako or Hamilton?
Hmmmm
Good question, probably Hamilton

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Canadian dollar is dropping... That 80M US salary cap is over 100M in Canadian funds that Katz has to come up with just to pay the players.

Edit: To put this in perspective Id say the Oiler's make roughly 150M a season(without playoffs) on their ticket revenue. That doesnt include their TV deal or concession sales. But how much are the operating costs for the arena and the rest of the staff? Not to mention the farm teams...

I guess getting into the Hollywood entertainment industry isn't working out? especially when you are offering that much money to certain actresses for roles.

edit: I am only kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad