GDT: 2018 NHL Entry Draft | TRADE: [EDM/MTL] Hayden Hawkey acquired in exchange for EDM 5th '19

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I know everyone's hoping that Chia is somehow able to trade for a top pairing guy or a PPQB but I don't see it happening tomorrow. Cant we just draft and develop our own talent?

Reactions: Zaddy

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Tyson Barrie and Justin Faulk

Big no to those guys. May as well just keep Klefbom hope he improves and draft the 10 OA. Glad OEL is off the market. Another guy I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. 8 x 8 of leading the league in minus, yuk.

I know minus doesn't mean much but WATCHING those guys play you can see thier game bleeds goals against at a rate which does not help a team win.

Reactions: VainGretzky

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I know everyone's hoping that Chia is somehow able to trade for a top pairing guy or a PPQB but I don't see it happening tomorrow. Cant we just draft and develop our own talent?

I’d agree this is what has to be done...

But it’s tough to stomach when we are wasting the Mcdavid years.

Beetle

Mar 30, 2010
I really like Parayko, but we all know that disucssion starts and ends with Draisaitl. STL would demand him and EDM would be dumb to even consider it. So I'll be shocked if anything comes of that...unless Chia decides to have a massive brain fart again.

As for the draft, I'm still holding out hope that one of Hughes, Dobson, Wahlstrom or Tkachuk fall to us. I'm good taking a chance on Boqvist if he's the last one standing as well. LET'S GO! :pickle::yo:

Reactions: Aerchon

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Probably, but it shouldn’t. Smith is a very good prospect.
My thoughts exactly. I'd have no problem with Smith assuming that none of the top 5 d men are still on the board.

I'd prefer to trade down though if we are going them drafting route

Namtsua

Apr 4, 2011
BC
If the Oil walk away with one of Boqvist/Bouchard/Hughes/Dobson, EK or Parayko, then I'll be through the roof.

How much more would you need to add for Parayko if they did this year's first and next year's first (unprotected)?

Pulju + 1st (2018) + 1st (2019 unprotected)?

Reactions: McDrai

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Boys thoughts about trading for Tyler Myers? Buddy's 6'8, qb'd the PP for the Jets, and is rumored to be on the market!

Id trade Klefbom for Myers after the draft, July 1st, and after a contract would be agreed upon to extend him at a similar price to what he is making.

No reason to make that trade at the draft. No picks would be involved no matter how much the Jets would want picks. We have to move salary out to get him.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
If the Oil walk away with one of Boqvist/Bouchard/Hughes/Dobson, EK or Parayko, then I'll be through the roof.

How much more would you need to add for Parayko if they did this year's first and next year's first (unprotected)?

Thats insane

Reactions: VainGretzky

Beetle

Mar 30, 2010
Boys thoughts about trading for Tyler Myers? Buddy's 6'8, qb'd the PP for the Jets, and is rumored to be on the market!

Not super compelling TBH. Rental, often injured and isn't a high end offensive player. Already 28 (where did the time go?!). I mean, as a last option kind of thing, maybe SOME interest? Dunno.

Reactions: 780il

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

Lol wtf.

A top end 19 year old prospect (strong 4th OA), this years solid 10 OA pick, AND an UNPROTECTED first rounder the following year.

Isnt Parayko's career high 36 points?

I really really like Parayko but thats nuts. Parayko could easily become the next Harmonic. You dont back the truck up for him. Not that I want Karlsson but I can guarantee you that offer gets Karlsson out of Ott no problem.

Not that any of that makes sense because we would have too much salary tied up on too many defense with only Nurse and Klefbom being able to be moved....

Terrible trade proposal in every way.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
So is this board going to melt down tomorrow if we select Smith?

Yes.

I'll feel bad for the kid because it's not his fault. However, Boqvist would be the BPA and fill a massive need if both are on the table.

Boqvist's ceiling is so far ahead of Smith's.

Reactions: McFlash97

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Its funny Myers was just mentioned.

My father(who is a big Jets fan) just asked me if I heard anything about Myers to Edmonton? TSN 1290 in Winnipeg was apparently saying that there is lots of interest from the Oilers when it comes to Myers.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Why would we trade RNH?
There is literally nothing on that team I'd trade RNH for especially when he's shown nothing but good things since the start of last year and elevated play with Mcdavid. Certainly not trading RNH just to get rid of Lucics contract.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So is this board going to melt down tomorrow if we select Smith?
Depends who is there at 10. If any of the other top 9 outside of Tkachuk or Boqvist falls and we pick Smith...I'll be pissed. If its Boqvist, Tkachuk or Smith...I'll accept it, and understand.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Its funny Myers was just mentioned.

My father(who is a big Jets fan) just asked me if I heard anything about Myers to Edmonton? TSN 1290 in Winnipeg was apparently saying that there is lots of interest from the Oilers when it comes to Myers.
For Benning sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille