GDT: 2018 NHL Entry Draft | TRADE: [EDM/MTL] Hayden Hawkey acquired in exchange for EDM 5th '19

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
No one wants to chime in with their thoughts? I think it'd be a really good trade that benefits both teams.
That's a pretty freaking meh trade and wouldn't do it. Pulock had 32 points on one of the most offensively gifted teams but like the rest of his teammates...cant play a kick of defense.

Islanders would be adding not us

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
That's a pretty freaking meh trade and wouldn't do it. Pulock had 32 points on one of the most offensively gifted teams but like the rest of his teammates...cant play a kick of defense.

Islanders would be adding not us
What do you think would be the add from them? Ho-Sang?

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
On a side note I figured Id put the Minny deal back out there as I think it makes a ton of sense.

To Edm: Dumba, Niederreiter
To Min: Lucic, Klefbom, 10OA

Why it makes since:

Minnesota and Edmonton are both trying to move Neiderreiter and Lucic respectively. Also Klefbom has played with Brodin internationally and the two seem to be good friends. The 10 OA will give Minnesota a very good prospect, to go along with their other 1st. They also dont have Dumba signed, and need the cap space with Zucker to re-up. Having Klefbom locked in helps with this instead of signing Dumba to a 6-7M dollar deal. Dumba gives the Oiler's a RH PP dman who could potentially turn into a #1.

Reactions: 780il

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
On a side note I figured Id put the Minny deal back out their as I think it makes a ton of sense.

Why it makes since:

Minnesota and Edmonton are both trying to move Neiderreiter and Lucic respectively. Also Klefbom has played with Brodin internationally and the two seem to be good friends. The 10 OA will give Minnesota a very good prospect, to go along with their other 1st. They also dont have Dumba signed, and need the cap space with Zucker to re-up. Having Klefbom locked in helps with this instead of signing Dumba to a 6-7M dollar deal. Dumba gives the Oiler's a RH PP dman who could potentially turn into a #1.

Why it does not make sense is because Fenton has said multiple times he will not trade Dumba,Also you made the trade so it never makes any sense.

Reactions: ManitobaKid

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Apparently the wild are looking to move Niederreiter and Zucker in a forward swap but you also have to take back Tyler Ennis. It was originally for Domi and Dvorak.

Wonder if we could do something like....RNH, Puljujarvi for that package

Then if we could move out Lucic we could have a frame work of...

Zucker - McDavid - Blank
Blank - Draisaitl - Niederreiter
Ennis - Strome- Blank

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
the buyout still doesn't make sense to me, nor does the cash recovery explanation.
to save $300000 dollars of actual salary, they are willing to hurt the team $300000/year in cap space for 2 years?

Yup...thats exactly what Rishaug was suggesting. Cash is more important than cap space.
Anything is possible...I mean who really knows what Katz has said to Chiarelli. :shakehead

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Funny but a deal between the Oil & Flames could happen. Flames are trying hard to get a first round pick, Hamilton could be available...
Question is: is Hamilton worth a number 10 overall?
Is Paryako worth a #10 overall?
Who would you rather have Paryako or Hamilton?
Hmmmm
Parayko. Cheaper salary

Reactions: AVE MAN

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
On a side note I figured Id put the Minny deal back out there as I think it makes a ton of sense.

Why it makes since:

You have it wrong with Minnesota. They want to move out Ennis but knows no one wants him so wants to make a hockey trade involving Nieder and Zucker to get some decent forwards if they take Ennis

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

3. There is word that a number of teams are asking St. Louis if there’s any reason they would consider moving Colton Parayko. One of them has to be Edmonton, picking 10th.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
the buyout still doesn't make sense to me, nor does the cash recovery explanation.
to save $300000 dollars of actual salary, they are willing to hurt the team $300000/year in cap space for 2 years?
yea they Could've just moved him at 40% retention to a team who needs AHL help saved even more money and only hurt cap this year

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Minnesota wants to shed cap. We have 4 mill in cap space for a right shot forward...Charlie Coyle for 2nd, 5th
Have him play with Drai or McDavid?

We would have to move our Lucic but I was thinking...

Zucker, Coyle for Benson, 10oa, 71oa

Saves Minnesota a ton of cap space and can either use those picks to replace players or draft

RNH - McDavid - Coyle
Zucker - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
yeah good luck convincing anyone that gets you Coyle
Minnesota sounds desperate to relieve cap. Like they straight up were thinking Zucker, Niederreiter and Ennis for Domi and Dvorak.

They are hungry for the cap.

Hell get them to throw Ennis in and we will offload him somewhere ourselves lol

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Swung by the Blues board. My word, they think Parayako has EK value

Draisaitl/10th LOL.

Yeah, that's kind of ridiculous. For all the trash we get for propping up Drai and his production, nobody seems to want to call out anybody for Parayko and his potential, and I'm saying that as someone who likes Parayko.

Paddy Padlock

Sep 16, 2017
I remember when they wouldn't trade Faulk or Parayko for Hall.

Now they're whining about it and insisting that Armstrong wasn't an idiot, Parayko wouldn't have fetched Hall.

They also wanted nothing to do with Eberle last summer, and complained that Amrstrong only got bad Oilers like Yakupov and Eberle.

Oilers fans underrate their players, probably. Hall, Petry, Shultz and Eberle have all exceeded expectations, even accounting for the cheap acquisition cost. People underestimate what it takes to succeed in such a dysfunctional environment.

Reactions: McBaevid

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Swung by the Blues board. My word, they think Parayako has EK value

Draisaitl/10th LOL.
YnqlJ2n.jpg

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Just keep the pick. I honestly don't trust PC to make a blockbuster move at this point. Dude has a strength in adding peices in small deals but he has been pretty bad at the big deals

Reactions: VainGretzky

Paddy Padlock

Sep 16, 2017
Parayko will cost more than Draisaitl + 10oa, imo. Every fanbase would have offered more than what we got for Hall, Petry and Eberle.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
If any of Bouchard, Dobson or Boquist are still around by the time we pick then I hope we keep the pick. Those 3 all have the potential to be exactly what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad