GDT: 2018 NHL Entry Draft (SJ Board Edition)

Do you want to have dedicated player discussion threads for each player drafted by the Sharks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Trade the 2 4ths to move into the 2nd, take Wise

Trade the 2 5ths to move into the 3rd, take Roman

Kick back and wait for the 6th round, take Crookshank and goaltender David Tendeck.

Know that I have been satisfied by this excessively specific and impossible draft scenario. :laugh:
Better plan.

Cancel the Martin waivers and trade him for a 2nd because teams love trading 2 2nds for over the hill D

Trade Karlsson for a 3rd

Keep our other picks

Sign Tavares today to an 8 year at 1M per contract. (I know there's no 8th year option for us but that's the only thing wrong with this contract right?)

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
This draft is weird. There's so many great prospects still available and we are halfway through the second. The picks are just all over the board (in mock drafts I've participated in I've gotten Romanov in the 7th round.)

Because what the fans and media think never line up with NHL teams.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Better plan.

Cancel the Martin waivers and trade him for a 2nd because teams love trading 2 2nds for over the hill D

Trade Karlsson for a 3rd

Keep our other picks

Sign Tavares today to an 8 year at 1M per contract. (I know there's no 8th year option for us but that's the only thing wrong with this contract right?)

Solution: sign him to a 7yr/$1m contract and then immediately sign him to a 5yr/$1m extension.

Blam, done.

Otherwise it's all perfect.

Reactions: Gecklund

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Less exciting when I cant write on the board here. At least the Sharks havent done anything to talk about

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
The way they talked about Olivier Rodrigue makes that pick almost like a classic Edmonton nepotism pick.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Maybe it’s just me but with NYR having so many picks, they aren’t having a great draft. Same with MTL to an extent.

NYI is having a fantastic draft though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad